So stats are tied to clothing

+
You know with the view in the first person, we should not realize if we walk around with something neon pink ... well after we see each other anyway at times and also when we want with the photo mode I conceived. I don't know where you found this info or if you already play the game but yes it is a bit particular.

Unfortunately far to many developers think stats/skill bonuses need to be tied to clothing which leads to players NOT having their character look like they want but using whatever item those bonuses are on (and usually looking like clowns).

There NEEDS to be an appearance swap option where you can move the stats for one item of clothing to another.

Last edited:
That's unfortunate. I use photo mode heavily in games and I don't want my character looking goofy for some stats

G30M1

Forum regular
Unfortunately far to many developers think stats/skill bonuses need to be ties to clothing which leads to players NOT having their character look like they want but using whatever item those bonuses are on (and usually looking like clowns).

There NEEDS to be an appearance swap option where you can move the stats for one item of clothing to another.

This is was CDPR promised us would be in the game - that you could change your stats around to different clothing items so you could look however you wanted. Apparently they lied to us.

We have discussed this on these forums literal years ago, and Im sure the consensus was that its best to separate stats from the clothing...
It was definitely the majority opinion. I remember because I was in the minority.

VelWu

Forum regular
Not exactly encouraging, given how that would contradict what several of us thought was "promised" or alluded to.

From a technical standpoint, development costs and time do get tremendously higher if apparels were to have dynamic stats since the data structure of every piece would either need to accommodate all possible combinations/enumerations of stats, or another system would need to exist on top of stats to handle aesthetics. It'd require a bigger back-end framework.

Given the number of delays and CDPR's good reputation of high-quality, optimized programming, one would think the studio has it all figured out. I suppose I'll have to lower the difficulties a bit so I can enjoy combat while looking good~~

It's like Dark Souls all over again...

This doesn't matter much to me personally since 'I've always been of the "it ugly doe" rule when it comes to picking outfits/stats. That being said, I do hope that they implement some cosmetic system where you can transmog clothes to look how you like and keep the stats you need. Seems pretty much necessary in a vast RPG.

This is the best feature. So glad they did this. It's really an RPG, not just an open world game. Btw, all RPG have open world by default. So, there is no need to even call it open world game while it's simple RPG.

geocp

Forum regular
I think we have to see how crafting works.
Maybe we can upgrade some clothes that we like through crafting.

Didn't even realize crafting would be a thing. I wonder if there are stats in the tree to specialize in it.

According to the Gamestar reviewers you can upgrade. Howevee, upgrading consumes so many resources that it is frustrating to realize 30 minutes later that you have once again found clothes with much better stats (which you need at least on higher difficulties). Same goes for going to vendors and buying nice (and very expensive) stuff. One of the reviewer mentioned in a livestream that it was impossible for him to dress as the elegant lady Corpo he set out to play.

They were both certain that this is so bad right now that they will have to at least include a transmorph option asap. They were really enthusiastic about the game but the clothing and crafting really disappointed them and they literally said that CDPR has made the wrong call here.

According to the Gamestar reviewers you can upgrade. Howevee, upgrading consumes so many resources that it is frustrating to realize 30 minutes later that you have once again found clothes with much better stats (which you need at least on higher difficulties). Same goes for going to vendors and buying nice (and very expensive) stuff. One of the reviewer mentioned in a livestream that it was impossible for him to dress as the elegant lady Corpo he set out to play.

They were both certain that this is so bad right now that they will have to at least include a transmorph option asap. They were really enthusiastic about the game but the clothing and crafting really disappointed them and they literally said that CDPR has made the wrong call here.
Jeez, just how expensive is the clothing in this game?
I'm getting grandmaster witcher gear vibes right about now. If you played the expansion you know how expensive it is to just make one set.

ah that's a shame if true. Maybe the delay was to implement some band aid fix for it. Transmog option seems like the quickest way but I don't know how fast that would be to implement.

Top Bottom