So stats are tied to clothing

+
Assassin's Creed got around this (albeit a pretty non immersive way) by allowing you to equip clothing/amor for the stats but you could choose other items as the visuals. So you still got the benefits of stats and had that be part of the thrill in finding new gear, but they allowed you to visually show anything you wanted

Assassin's Creed got around this (albeit a pretty non immersive way) by allowing you to equip clothing/amor for the stats but you could choose other items as the visuals. So you still got the benefits of stats and had that be part of the thrill in finding new gear, but they allowed you to visually show anything you wanted

SWTOR has an awesome system for armor customization as well. You have your base armor in slot 0 then a virtual wardrobe of a dozen sets you've saved the look of in other slots. You can change your entire look into your next favorite look in one click at any time. It's like bookmarks for outfits.

Anywho, it's disappointing stats are tied look. I'm surprised since they indeed promised not to do that. It's easily patchable though

Unfortunately far to many developers think stats/skill bonuses need to be ties to clothing which leads to players NOT having their character look like they want but using whatever item those bonuses are on (and usually looking like clowns).

OP AF legendary hat!

JHT-14574CH-2.jpg

seems like a stat change mod will be in order

although it kind of makes sense ultimately, why would shirt and jeans be as protective as an armored fragsuit?

i think it's possible that the stats are so neglible between clothes that it won't matter much and you can still wear whatever you want regardless. especially with cyberware enhancements

how much worse can it get :sad: I may have had buyers remorse before but now i am having pre- release cancelation relife.
I was hoping I would see something to give me some hope again but things I read like this and some ofthe reviews just are not doing that :giveup:

I guess for me it depends on how much the clothing actually matters in the end. In a lot of games armor / clothing stats only really help you at lower levels but by the end you can wear whatever you want because you can survive any encounter just running around in your underwear.

If our stats depend on the clothing we wear I'm in trouble (and maybe others) as I pretty much intended to be wearing casual such as shorts and T-shirt or hoodie, that kind of thing. Then again, just have to wait and see.

Not pleased to hear this. It specifically goes against what they said (& a large part of cyberpunk- style over substance)
I really do hope a cosmetic layer/slot is added as others have suggested.

Unfortunately far to many developers think stats/skill bonuses need to be ties to clothing which leads to players NOT having their character look like they want but using whatever item those bonuses are on (and usually looking like clowns).

There NEEDS to be an appearance swap option where you can move the stats for one item of clothing to another.

So much that.

That is one feature of MMOs that single player RPGs really need to steal.

Well like 2 years ago I asked in facebook if they were going to be adding the 'transmog' option. Which allows you to take an item and have its looks but have the stats of another item. Essentially the system would count the old item's looks but the new items stats.
But they said they had no plans for that.
But from what I have heard/seen you can upgrade items to have a higher item level, which means a higher stat. Instead of swapping out you could upgrade what you like.

I'll do just like in The Witcher 3 : play on the easiest mode so I can keep my favorite outfits longer.
Roleplay over gameplay...

Guest 4211861

Wait a minute, didn't they say that clothes have an armor slot and you can remove the armor mod and place it in a new coat?

Didn't they literally say that?

I guess we'll see what the situation is in a couple of days.

If i cant add armour to the crotchal region of my cyber-pantaloons i'm not buying the game.

Seriously though, modding clothing with upgrades would be good.

They could also reduce costs for buying and upgrading clothes and/ore make expensive upgrades and buys stronger so you can at least use them for a while.

It sounds like something they ran out of time to adjust. The Gamstar reviewers specifically said how great a lot of the clothes are looking. It is just not sensible to use them most if the time.

Plus the stats have nothing to do with how they look. Hotpants and shirt might be much better than leather jackets etc.

Guest 4406876

I'll dress the way I want and fuckt the stats honestly. This is the last game where I wanna go for min-max stuff, at least till I played the crap out of it first.

Top Bottom