So still no NG+

+
Want to max out 3 attributes... fine, but accept you'll be useless in 2 others.
I agree with all your points, but this is for me the main culpritt for a NG+ (and also the expansion actually): the level cap that they put in vanilla game is already absurdly high you get too much attribute/perk points... game should have been limited to level 20-25 I think. Now, if you add expansion and ng+ you will end with the situation you describe not knowing where to put points because you don't care (+ all the scaling of enemies,checks,items to don't make the game a chore).

Sounds like the same system as in Horizon. The key difference I notice (between Horizon and Cyberpunk)
is that in Horizon you dont get attributes to set, you just acquire skillpoints to put into perks and traits which also give you the ability to nearly become a master of all trades. At least this started to reveal itself when you near max level, check the skilltrees and notice you're having so many skillpoints that you could unlock everything.
at some point I just stopped allocating skillpoints since I just had no interest in many skills, felt they didn't add much to my playstyle and thus imposed some self-regulation on character building. However since you dont spec attributes you always start off as the exact same and then can (if you want) become the exact same master of all trades every time and again.

It is also the exact reason why I feel in Cyberpunk you should NOT be able to become a master of all trades because there IS a difference in how you'd spec your core character.
Want to max out 3 attributes... fine, but accept you'll be useless in 2 others. And this is the way how it should be, at least in CP77.
You define your core character, and this should also be reflected in the subsequent allocation of skills, perks and whatnot. Want to be a sleaky sneaky assassin with a taste for technological prowes... fine, but dont go fist-to-fist with an animal because he'll smash your brains in (to illustrate a low body-attribute)
I think you catch my drift :)
Yes, the design of Horizon Zero Dawn and Horizon Forbidden West is that you end up unlocking everything and getting every weapon/armour. (Indeed, you have to do that to 100% it).

I very much enjoy the Horizon games, but I also appreciate that you *can't* become a master of everything in CP77.

Though I do appreciate some people really like NG+ to do so!

Cheers,
Merric

I think you catch my drift :)
I did :)
That exactly what I generally go in Cyberpunk (currently body/int/tech will go pretty high and cool and reflex will stay at 3) and general I finish the game with a good handfull perk points that I don't know where to put... After like in KCD, I "choose" to only use short sword and shield, so all the other weapon skills stay at 0 or almost (but those who want, can train all day long and become a master which each type).

Edit : It's just my opinion, but I find that system "not that bad" because nothing push you to be a master-of-all-trade. You would have to be a bit "stupid" to find it lame and still "grind" to get there. The same for NG+, I'm sure whatever it could be on Cyberpunk, I won't use it anyway :)

Last edited:
I have always assumed Skyrim to be an RPG... in that sense, why would one make it so you become Master-of-all-Trades by the end?
Absolutely nothing in the language or definition of roleplaying game necessitates limitations in character development.
Developers love them because they believe it promotes replayability.
Some players also love them, for... whatever reasons.
But not everyone does.
Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim are among the most popular RPGs ever made.
Lost track of what re release of Skyrim they're up to now.
Pregression means diddly squat if in the end you can do and have everything regardless.
Says you and some other people.
But certainly not everyone.
Granted, you didn't specify if this was also in one playthrough, or that NG+ comes aroiund where you complete the game multiple times in order to become said master of all trades. but if I am to assume its meant to be during one playthrough, then I really wonder and am critical of what the point is?
Actually I did specify in a single playthrough.
At launch Skyrim deviated from typical Elder Scrolls character development and didn't allow players to max everything on a single character.
And the point is enjoyment.
There's ample joy to be found in playing games beyond picking character development path or class A over B, C, D etc.
If you enjoy that, good for you.
Literally millions don't.
Skyrim is currently tied for 20th highest selling game of all time with over 30 million copies sold.
There's a good chance I wouldn't have bought CP 2077 if I weren't on PC and didn't have the option of save editing all of my attributes to max and giving myself spare perk points.

I'm not saying they can't do it, and I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, or people shouldn't request NG+. BUT comparing NG+ in other games to NG+ in CP2077 is a bit unfair, especially depending on the type of game it is.

Plenty of games with NG+ don't have skill checks, that's a big feature they need to balance, Doors, access points, Dialogue choices, etc... all need to be adjusted in a way that's fair but challenging, can't just "Bump the numbers up" like with some other things.

Body mods are a big part of the game and story and in the intro V has almost none, so the entire intro which is a relatively slow-paced string of tutorials that slowly get V a few very basic pieces of Cyberware, would need to be reworked. Even IF they don't change any of the dialogue to accommodate for this, and we all just agree to ignore it, they still need to rebalance the missions. And IF they DO account for this, stuff will basically need to be done completely different, new conversation options, different enemy behavior beyond just buffing the stats, removed or added sections to make it make sense narratively. Not to mention another set of systems that need to be managed on top of attributes, perks, clothing and weapons. It's a lot of moving parts.

As for the direct comparison to TW3 because "TW3 got NG+ only a few months later" Yeah CDPR made both of them, and yeah, they're both RPGS, but TW3 was relatively simple, you had swords and signs, that was pretty much it, the combat systems in CP2077 are much more complicated. more status effects, more weapon variety, more skills. Plus, the armor/clothing sets, a lot more of them. For a good NG+ everything needs to work, and let's face it CDPR would be crazy to release a broken NG+.

So having said all that, I do think probably they are working on it, NG+ is a heavily requested feature, and they probably won't rush it or even announce until they are 100% sure they can deliver. It's just a bigger task than TW3 and, honestly, with everything else the game needed post launch it was probably low on priority until other things were ironed out even thought it was heavily requested. Also, they're just now getting Transmog in the game, and just announced vehicle combat and a police system over hall coming in (presumably) the next free update. Which are features people think should have been in the game from day one. So, it's not like they aren't continually adding these things, we all know the game launched unfinished and broken, but they are putting in the work and if we've stuck around this long, why rush anything? we already saw the rushed product, and what we're getting now is miles ahead of where what we had. I will say this though to not overly defend CDPR when a little criticism is fair, showing gorilla arms in the patch 1.6 trailer, during the prologue "6 Months" cutscene was a bad call, it got people hopes WAAAAAAYYYYY UP that NG+ was coming with the patch, and honestly it wasn't even a different "cool thing" it was a nothing, and that definitely didn't help the topic.

Is it really that difficult to add it in the game. I appreciate how the devs gave us a run down of how much work it would be to add it in, but is it really that hard?

Its new game plus which means we keep everything, all items, cars. Everything. Theres no need to change or worry about the main story, us players have already beaten the game and this (NG+ feature) is what we have decided to play moving forward as our second playthrough. Quests that give us duplicate items like Johhny Silverhand car, ect. we should be able to do them and just not get the rewards since we already own them.

Also, if they are worried about all of these miscellaneous issues and various things to think about regarding the main story ( like double jump into certain areas), do they not realize that there are people in the cyberpunk 2077 community that will figure all of this stuff out for them? And they will do it for free? I'm sure people would love to beta test this stuff out.

Lets go Cdprojektred. Everyone wants NG+ Give us something to hold us over and that keeps us in Night City while we wait for the expansion.

Can you at least give us all a new update for Christmas please? Pretty please? How about:
1) Letting us reset all of the organized crime spots
2) Reset the cyberpsychos and increase their difficulty?
3) Reset all of the gigs? or Most of them? Afterall when we beat the game, we can go back and Meet Hanaco at Embers and keep doing the last quest (Nocturne OP55N1) over and over.
4) The option to add more hostile enemies throughout NC. Instead of crowd density, hostile enemy density. Groups of them (6+) standing around in various locations.
5) Give us the ability to increase the difficulty ( only after we beat the game) of all hostle enemies or enemies we are allowed to attack.
6) New outfits and glamour now that the transmog is in the game. Invite the community in to create a host of outfits and add them into the game.

All of this stuff should be available to players who have beaten the game at least once. It should be accessed from the settings option.

Also, what's the deal with our cars vanishing in the game? Meaning we can drive a car, get out, and walk to a location, and when we go back to where we parked our car it's not there anymore. This wasn't a problem in the past. After the last patch 1.5 I've noticed our cars disappearing and we have to resummon them. It's annoying. Cop cars that I steal and park anywhere in NC, are always there when I go back to them...why not our cars?

Also, I'm surprised none of the moders have created any of these features. All of the current mods are garbage (in my opinion) and are just quality of life changes for the game.

Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should they release a NG+ feature, or ANY feature and let the "Community find fixes"

After the launch they simply cannot afford the PR hit that would come with NG+ launching in a broken state. Or any new feature that breaks the game. It's just not a good idea. Maybe doing it on a public test client that you need to opt into, with clear warnings of what the deal is, in a different client from the main game to make sure there is no risk of breaking anything.... Or better yet a private "beta test" client that you need to be accepted into, but those are the only ways it can maybe work.

Having said that, I 100% agree that some repeatable content, or variations on existing content would A.) be easier to implement without massive rebalancing and the other issues mentioned, and B.) be very welcome content for people who want to keep playing in the world without doing "Main Story" content or starting from scratch.

I'm also with you on new gear. I feel like they quietly put new clothing into the game for us to find and just didn't push it. I haven't seen much as far as "Never Before Seen" clothing, maybe just a few items I never personally came across. BUT what I have seen are a bunch of new color variations on things that I've never seen in game.

On the topic of Modders, there are Vehicle combat mods, Reworked police mods, Custom level cap mods which allow you to set max starting stats, there are a few different mods that try to simulate NG+, Respec mods, crafting mods Difficulty and damage adjustment mods, mods that allow you to "Claim and Keep" any car, It's all out there. I'm basically only on Nexus, I play on PC and console so I'm not great at the mods or at least still learning the best places to find them, but Nexus isn't the only place to find them maybe just the easiest. I know some hugely popular mods like "Let there be Flight" haven't even made it to nexus yet. So, there is plenty of modding going on.

On PC a new game start plus this mod (to reach soon lv50 in the "beginning" of the game like in an actual NG+):

and this one:

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2909 (and yes, the modder scaled up the enemies strenght of weapons/armors when you're reach and pass lv50...)

= NG+ in Cyberpunk 2077

And almost forgot, finally we can see in the dark

Thanks anyway, dear CDP, as usual a couple of modders do some jobs x10 faster than an entire company without funny excuses, after 2years just to implement basics and simples features asked over and over again ...

why cant they add bounty squad that will spawn randomly and follow you as you increase the street kid level? maybe with the vehicle combat update they will do that. who knows

Top Bottom