So the Dev leak info is debunked

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but after the shady way CDPR handled the release of this game, I can't believe a word out of them. And I don't mean the "leaked" info by the supposed dev. I mean the folks that are denying it. If you've already proven yourself to be full of crap, how can you expect other folks to believe your accusations about someone ELSE being full of crap.

I mean it's hard to believe the source but you do make an interesting point.

Here's a company that said "We don't believe in Crunch"... then when they were called out on their lies went "Well we believe in Crunch, but only for a month"... few stories later "Okay well we believe in Crunch, and we've been working our employees to the bone for a year."

And that's just one example of their lies

So yes, while I doubt the story is true, it certainly sets up a "Boy who cried Wolf" scenario

Moxy3

Forum regular
if its true then yea they may get backlash from cutting some content yet in future updates game would be much better and have a higher replayability, if its false then this is the final game a lifeless and rushed buggy game, only thing that can save it is a really big expansions just like blood and wine not just some small sidequest DLC or weapon/armor addition.

One thing is for sure. I will not lay down a single penny for recycled cut content that will be sold in expansions just because they wanted to rush the game out, so they can make the quick $.

if that be true CP77 will be the LAST GAME i will ever buy from cdpr. a sad day it will be when i "cut" my funding from cdpr after i realized they are slowly becoming like EA. the number game companies i like are growing smaller each day.
Post automatically merged:

Seriously anyone was hoping that this will be confirmed ??

Yes, that's true, our bosses are completely f'up :ROFLMAO:
better yet email them ask the directly i would and i will.

if that be true CP77 will be the LAST GAME i will ever buy from cdpr. a sad day it will be when i "cut" my funding from cdpr after i realized they are slowly becoming like EA. the number game companies i like are growing smaller each day.

better yet email them ask the directly i would and i will.

So I get being fired up, but .. they're still DRM free. They haven't actaully released any paid DLC for Cyberpunk, and Cyberpunk is still singleplayer only.

That seems a pretty long bow to draw that they're like EA? Just curious exactly what parallels you're seeing?

So I get being fired up, but .. they're still DRM free. They haven't actaully released any paid DLC for Cyberpunk, and Cyberpunk is still singleplayer only.

That seems a pretty long bow to draw that they're like EA? Just curious exactly what parallels you're seeing?
the cut content kind and the fact they may not "change" the endings (even with all the plot holes, inconsistencies, etc.) or they may do a mediocre/abysmal "extended cut" like how EA did with the ME3 ending fiasco instead just changing the whole game/ending entirely (which they SHOULD HAVE done in the first place if they anticipated all the blowback but no they wanted the fast, easy cash which will get spent REAL FAST by them!)

the cut content kind and the fact they may not "change" the endings (even with all the plot holes, inconsistencies, etc.) or they may do a mediocre/abysmal "extended cut" like how EA did with the ME3 ending fiasco instead just changing the whole game/ending entirely (which they SHOULD HAVE done in the first place if they anticipated all the blowback but no they wanted the fast, easy cash which will get spent REAL FAST by them!)

Ok - fair enough - there are a lot of maybes in there though.

I'm happy to eat my words down the track, but if we're still in maybe territory - it might be best to hold off and wait to see what actually happens?

I say this as someone who adored and love the old BioWare and went full path from diehard fan to forgetting mostly about them and am still waiting for the promised damn re-write of Deitz disaster of a book.

Yet. But what cd projekt did in past little matters now. WHat now they did? They released a unfinished mess of a game full of lack of content deiciving investors and also users in the marketing with blunt lies.

Could i grant they won't do that?.... No. I simply don't believe a single word out of them because in fact i can't. People expected an rpg based on the source material of cyberpunk 2020 what they had is a shallow shooter with a fancy dead city to explore an hand of sidequest and a extremely short quest. All the rest are just shallow gigs that gives absolutely nothing on top of that the game is linear for the 99% of time.
And who instead did not expect an rpg it expected a nice game with nice open world with decent shooting mechanics.
And it failed at everything.

Remember when they told the game had branching narrative? Or when they said V is you? wich really is not.
Now how i am supposed to trust a company with a management like this. A company that was able years after announcing a game to release a broken buggy mess of a game that won't run on the consol is targeted for?.
And even if bugs are fixed and the game will run smoothly for everyone. This is just a mediocre looter shooter with super bland roleplay element and an extremely short story.

Sure looks nice i guess if you are lucky to have a rig ((not dipendent on the power of your reg)) in wich the anti aliasing system TAA don't give problems. Otherwise you would see hairs that seem out of a Pop culture art picture.

No i don't trust them.
I believe the management failed totally in this.
I believe that what was done was done with malicious intempt not by the dev but the managment.
And frankly i think all the backlash is well deserved.

Yet. But what cd projekt did in past little matters now. WHat now they did? They released a unfinished mess of a game full of lack of content deiciving investors and also users in the marketing with blunt lies.

Could i grant they won't do that?.... No. I simply don't believe a single word out of them because in fact i can't. People expected an rpg based on the source material of cyberpunk 2020 what they had is a shallow shooter with a fancy dead city to explore an hand of sidequest and a extremely short quest. All the rest are just shallow gigs that gives absolutely nothing on top of that the game is linear for the 99% of time.
And who instead did not expect an rpg it expected a nice game with nice open world with decent shooting mechanics.
And it failed at everything.

Remember when they told the game had branching narrative? Or when they said V is you? wich really is not.
Now how i am supposed to trust a company with a management like this. A company that was able years after announcing a game to release a broken buggy mess of a game that won't run on the consol is targeted for?.
And even if bugs are fixed and the game will run smoothly for everyone. This is just a mediocre looter shooter with super bland roleplay element and an extremely short story.

Sure looks nice i guess if you are lucky to have a rig ((not dipendent on the power of your reg)) in wich the anti aliasing system TAA don't give problems. Otherwise you would see hairs that seem out of a Pop culture art picture.

No i don't trust them.
I believe the management failed totally in this.
I believe that what was done was done with malicious intempt not by the dev but the managment.
And frankly i think all the backlash is well deserved.

I won't debate any of that, I've been lucky enough to play on a high end rig and haven't had the bugs and issues that I've seen others have. So my experience with it has been, quite frankly, exceptional. So I feel for anyone who has had a shit time with it.

However, they're not EA, at least not yet. EA is a different kind of monster.

I have my doubts about where CD Projekt go from here, but I'm yet to see evidence of them going down that path.

I've said before, I'm happy to eat my words, but for the time being the EA comparison is an unfair one. That might change down the track, and I'll be right there with you screaming blue bloody murder if it does.

So if that alleged dev coming forward has been debunked and they commented on that. Can we get some follow up with full transparency? I feel like that would help all the people trying follow or stick with the game and that could be the start of CDPR repairing their street cred (in their terms) which is going to be a very long road ahead.

What reputation do they need to rebuild? They have millions of satisfied gamers who claim they got exactly what they wanted and more. Pop the champagne and get ready to ship the DLC.

Making a DLC that has players and potentially new players play the game (again) with a different perspective on the story probably makes strategic sense but I would not expect something like that for 9-12 months out.

mbrto

Forum regular
looking forward to story dlcs :D

but i dont think they will announce anything too early
lets be patient

I won't debate any of that, I've been lucky enough to play on a high end rig and haven't had the bugs and issues that I've seen others have. So my experience with it has been, quite frankly, exceptional. So I feel for anyone who has had a shit time with it.

However, they're not EA, at least not yet. EA is a different kind of monster.

I have my doubts about where CD Projekt go from here, but I'm yet to see evidence of them going down that path.

I've said before, I'm happy to eat my words, but for the time being the EA comparison is an unfair one. That might change down the track, and I'll be right there with you screaming blue bloody murder if it does.

Look i am a great fan of the Pen and Paper and the Setting of Cyberpunk. I waited thig game for years for me like for others this is what not simply a videogame this was "The game".

Believe me if i tell you i wanted for this game to blow up and smash the game industry with innovaction gifting me hour of delighted immersion and joy in a branching storyline. I was even willing to pass on the fact is just FPP if had not first person shooter mechanics and was designed with a FPP in mind and i hate FPS with a passion at the point i can't take seriously any of them.

But this.. This is messed up in a way that i don't believe it can be fixed. I respected Cd projekt so much across the years i have all their titles since the witcher the first one. What we did here is not just some mismanagement not even something too big to chew on for them what was done here maliciosly feed up the hype and lie about a product that is missing at least 80% of the content advertised.

I look at Night City and i tell myself that such beautiful city with all this art all this culture all this clothing gangs and so on deserves so much more. Like so much more. It is like reiceving a gold necklace with diamonds a day you try it out on your neck and a chain snaps and a gem falls and breask then you relaize the chain you paid so much for is in fact inside cheap plastic and the diamonds are just glass.

Is..well what it is.

I do remember during the campaign marketing and after the fpp announcement debate cd projekt red tell:
"We betray our fans when we are ready" in a mocking way.,

Well guess this is something they did not lie about.

If the post is not true then this is really the final result, which is by all means mediocre.

I personally find it much more believable for the post to be true than the alternative that a company like CDPR can pull off such low quality product after so much hype and time to develop.

I'm not sure why CDPR simply saying "that's not true" qualifies as a "debunking" of anything. CDPR said they'd do an RPG, the were full of it. They told shareholders the game worked fine on PS4, they were full of it.

They talked about this being a next gen game, what we got was really just a super-retro game with fancy graphics. All perks are just percentage stuff, all buying menus are lists of stuff same as 25 years ago, AI is completely dimwitted same as 25 years ago, all permanent NPCs are damage-immune and anchored to the ground 24/7 same as 25 years ago...

Frankly, if CDPR is telling me that I'm getting wet because it's raining, at this point I'd be inclined to look up and check, just to make sure. It may well be that the supposed dev comment is nonsense, but I'll need actual details from CDPR before I take their word over some random anonymous nobody on the Internet. Which is kind of sad, isn't it?

But it's what happens when you get caught lying about everything.

I think the EA comparison is valid. The bugs the game has, for the various consoles and PC. The unprofessional half ass corners they used to cover up cut content, that are clearly visible. And above all, the lies in the marketing. They are at the first stages of EA. The only thing that will restore my faith in them. Is if they do what Hello Games did. Nothing less. If they don't. Than I simply no longer buy anything from them again. I haven't bought anything from EA since the ME Trilogy. I don't have a problem ignoring another game company.

Look i am a great fan of the Pen and Paper and the Setting of Cyberpunk. I waited thig game for years for me like for others this is what not simply a videogame this was "The game".

Believe me if i tell you i wanted for this game to blow up and smash the game industry with innovaction gifting me hour of delighted immersion and joy in a branching storyline. I was even willing to pass on the fact is just FPP if had not first person shooter mechanics and was designed with a FPP in mind and i hate FPS with a passion at the point i can't take seriously any of them.

But this.. This is messed up in a way that i don't believe it can be fixed. I respected Cd projekt so much across the years i have all their titles since the witcher the first one. What we did here is not just some mismanagement not even something too big to chew on for them what was done here maliciosly feed up the hype and lie about a product that is missing at least 80% of the content advertised.

I look at Night City and i tell myself that such beautiful city with all this art all this culture all this clothing gangs and so on deserves so much more. Like so much more. It is like reiceving a gold necklace with diamonds a day you try it out on your neck and a chain snaps and a gem falls and breask then you relaize the chain you paid so much for is in fact inside cheap plastic and the diamonds are just glass.

Is..well what it is.

I do remember during the campaign marketing and after the fpp announcement debate cd projekt red tell:
"We betray our fans when we are ready" in a mocking way.,

Well guess this is something they did not lie about.

100% - I wanted Cyberpunk to not just be an amazing game, I wanted it to shake the foundations of the industry with a single player / DRM free launch that showed the industry that it doesn't need to chase BattleRoyale / MMO bollocks.

It didn't do that, at least, it didn't do that in the way I was hoping.

I'm still sad and still angry that it isn't everything it could be, especially when it comes to the main story.

I get that disappointment. I was there for Deus Ex Invisible War, C&C4, Dragon Age 2, ME3, and so on. The list of gaming disappointments is freaking crazy when you think about it.

...but I'm also optimistic because I saw what happened with The Witcher 1, Witcher 2 and Witcher 3. And while the scale and scope for Cyberpunk and the work to be done is much, much larger than prevoiusly - I know they have the capacity and hopefully still the internal culture to seek and keep improving, even TW3 is still getting updated with a raytracing patch which is fantastic.

..so yeah, I'm disappointed, but I'm optimisitc, and I'll stay that way until they show me I shouldn't be.

I won't believe or disbelieve either the "leak", or the denial of the leak.

For one simple reason:

I can trust neither.

From here forward, I will trust ONLY what I experience through the coming updates to the game. Without hope or expectation for ANYTHING but that which I experience through whatever is ultimately delivered.

I will "suggest and observe". And if I'm fortunate, I may one day find the end result to be closer to what I hoped it would be when I purchased it. If I'm not, I'll quietly move on in the knowledge that sometimes, things cannot be all that I expect.

Lesson learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom