So they do consider Borderlands' loot farming an exploit in 1.11

+
Its rather an accepted exploit without pretty much everybody would be forced to play all games on iron man mode.
I must have missed the memo where using a game mechanic as intended was now considered an exploit. Do you have a source? Please and thank you.

Cheers Chooms.

I'm not going to vote for or against save scumming. But can we all agree that the weapon/loot system is kinda bunk ?

I'm not going to vote for or against save scumming. But can we all agree that the weapon/loot system is kinda bunk ?
It is bad. When the look of V is so emphasized in the game and only sets come from open world legendaries (that have a RANDOM number of mod slots) then the actual value of your favorite set heavily relied if you get enough mods.

Aside of that there are problems with some weapons being junk, some overpower beyond reason, same with Armadillo. Plus UI of your stats...

In Total War games there used to be save\load exploit regarding agent actions.
When player has weak assassin with like 7% chance of killing enemy general after tens of save loads the assassin finally succeeded.
It is no longer possible.

I must have missed the memo where using a game mechanic as intended was now considered an exploit. Do you have a source? Please and thank you.

Cheers Chooms.

You said save scumming for reroll is no intendet game mechanic wich is only a different description for exploit.

You are welcome

cheers chooms

You said save scumming for reroll is no intendet game mechanic wich is only a different description for exploit.

You are welcome

cheers chooms
Yes I agree with that statement.
Have you come over to the side of reason or are you sure you are responding to the right thread?

Last edited:
Well, I count that as using your brain. Why would I go into a place. That I have no idea how difficult the enemy is. Without saving first and getting prepared. Not to mention the countless games that intentionally make shit save points. Just to make the game feel longer/harder. Not to mention breaking their own rules. Because they can't make a fight difficult. EX:

That cyberpycosis that takes place in the desert. The Sniper guy has a trip mine blocking the ladder. The game blocks you from shooting it. At every angle. The guard rails have magic walls. Blocking sniper shots between the railing. Even on the ladder. Where that is normally not a problem. Just so you can't get up to him. If I hadn't saved right before I went into combat range. I would of had to DRIVE back to the spot from the last auto check point. That's shit save and rigged game mechanics in one mission.
You remote hack it and turn it off...

I've never did this exploit and I will never do it LOL... I think it ruins my experience , of course to each their own...
I'd rather they patch it though if you really ask me...
I'm a borderlands person so this is like second nature if I want to get a certain item.

I'm a borderlands person so this is like second nature if I want to get a certain item.
I also played borderland 3 and all the existing dlc .. I certainly hope loot randomization doesn't go as far as borderland did ... I don't ever want to farm a boss 100 times just to get the right roll on a weapon and still not getting it lol

I have no idea how you would balance a game around a player with 4k additional armour through slots and one where they have no additional armour because of RNG wearing the same legendary armour sets the difference being one save scummed. Or all that additional damage.

Mod slots are far to powerful to be left to chance,.. Either give us max and design around that or give us a set number and balance around that but this RNG slots is a shit idea

What I have found is even of you get an epic by re-rolling, the game ends up giving uncommon and rare varieties anyway, it takes a while, bit I think loot rerolls is fine, until they fix crafting allowing us to craft ANY gear, add mods etc Don't forget PC has mods which can change rarity already!

I also played borderland 3 and all the existing dlc .. I certainly hope loot randomization doesn't go as far as borderland did ... I don't ever want to farm a boss 100 times just to get the right roll on a weapon and still not getting it lol
That won't happen, cuz every container and boss is one time only in this game lol. You can only farm normal enemies, but they won't drop legendary.

My guess is they're going to investigate why people feel the need to reload until they get more slots.

Likely they will realize that some mods are scaling far past what is intended. Ever notice that clothing drops that have an armadillo already slotted in them typically don't have anything beyond a +8 or so? My guess is armadillo isn't supposed to scale so high.

Just an extreme lack of actual game testing. They need to hire a lot more QA personnel.

Why add a rarity system when the highest rarity can be as trash as a beginning gear?

It shouldn't happen to any game, thats why players are reloading to make their legendary items Legendary.

If they fix the "exploit" at the same time as fixing crafting and loot in general, then that's fine, otherwise it is simply finding a way to spoil players fun.

Last edited:
Yes, agreed. The save scumming wouldn't be a thing. If you reach max tech skills. Allows you to modify the gear 100%. Imagine it in real life. I can't put in four pockets on my shirt. I gotta stare at a magic box to birth pockets. Games already stupid with sunglasses having more armor than helmets. But we can't weld or sow crap on our clothing?

Top Bottom