So they do consider Borderlands' loot farming an exploit in 1.11

+
I dont think it was intentional, otherwise they wouldnt patch it. They revert it because the players wanted.
I think they intended to remove the exploit part, but it caused other issues (items were no longer random enough or random at all) so reverted it and are still working on a permanent fix for the exploit.

"The save/load loot exploit will be investigated further. "

I've never did this exploit and I will never do it LOL... I think it ruins my experience , of course to each their own...
I'd rather they patch it though if you really ask me...
In my first four characters, I didn't too. After completing the whole map many times, then you demand to try something new, and the game turns into trolling game. I have added many mods. Therefore, my game files became a mess. When CDPR add new content, I need to delete the game and re-download :)

They shouldn't have implemented looter shooter mechanics in the first place if they didn't want this to happen. Exploits will often be used when found, but these kind of addiction driven, MMO/MOBA oriented, weapons systems make it irresistible - even necessary at times. This game isn't a early access version of itself; It's a beta version of the online game...

It really would be nice to update crafting mechanisms with regard to allow "re-roll" any item in regards to stats and modules slots to reflect player lvl or stats/perks.

It can be simple solution to momental situation where items (weapons, clothing) of higher tier which were found early in game, are just garbage when compared with basic tier items which were found later.

With this there will be no need for mindless reload fest (which is imo the most dumb thing when playing any game) ...

Cool story.

Except, they will probably get rid of the save/load exploit and if they end up implementing any sort of multiplayer you'll just get destroyed by people who can craft whatever they want.

If there were actual techies in the tabletop sense, they wouldn't be doing much fighting at all. They'd be like Vik, but making the implants and weapons. The closest you get to a badass with some basic tech skills is a Nomad.

I also played borderland 3 and all the existing dlc .. I certainly hope loot randomization doesn't go as far as borderland did ... I don't ever want to farm a boss 100 times just to get the right roll on a weapon and still not getting it lol
Borderlands 2 was worse with legendaries at least than 3. Remember the torgue dlc for the dp unkempt harold. You literally grinded an arena for torgue coins to get the gun from a damn vending machine and had to reload the game if you didn't get the right version of the gun which had 5 plus versions.

Perhaps at some point they wanted to implement the online to the single player and it was already halfway with everything that was implemented. All aspects of the game are unfinished, even the perks.
Although they said it was going to be a separate game, something like the RDO. I do not know if they planned an RDO as a separate game or a Borderlands as they say, that complements the campaign.

true

I don't waste skill points and stuff on crafting. I'm more of a solo or a netrunner. No techie here.

Waste? Yo a crafter can generate free components and pree much craft 100 ashura's from common components. I have 2million eddies and can generate another 500k as soon as the vendors have money again. Crafting is supremely overpowered and offers a freedom of dominance.

Waste? Yo a crafter can generate free components and pree much craft 100 ashura's from common components. I have 2million eddies and can generate another 500k as soon as the vendors have money again. Crafting is supremely overpowered and offers a freedom of dominance.
I said waste because it doesn't fit the playstyle of the playthrough I am doing at the moment. Like a solo, I want to max out dps rather than craft. Not saying the whole tree is a waste. If you devote skills to any tree and can put it good use and its a working perk in the game it's not a waste. Unless its the stealth while in water perk that's a damn waste

I said waste because it doesn't fit the playstyle of the playthrough I am doing at the moment. Like a solo, I want to max out dps rather than craft. Not saying the whole tree is a waste. If you devote skills to any tree and can put it good use and its a working perk in the game it's not a waste. Unless its the stealth while in water perk that's a damn waste

Dude I got 11k armour and Comrade's Hammer+Blackunicorn

A Cold Blooded Samurai Techie.. I'm not getting down on you but legendary quickhacks are crafted weapon have the highest DPS with applicable perks.. I dunno I been playing a 18/18 reflex/tech 16/16 body/cool for 250 hours now and have scrutinized the trees to achieve minmax.. Techies isn't a waste at all in fact is maximum eddies and freedom

If getting the intended mod slots for a legendary is exploit then so is all smart weapons in themselves exploits.
The no need to aim bit is exploit. Shooting through walls have always been seen as exploit in any other game.

2 things that can never be moved to multiplayer.
Post automatically merged:

Also any single player game like this with any kind of randomized crafting most people at some point has done some save scumming to get that item they really wanted/needed.

Maybe it then also considered an exploit to always save before a quest and if something bugs out I reload and do it over again. When quest is done and finished correctly I do another save to make sure I have a save on safe ground. After doing about 8 or so quests it's time to restart and reload game to avoid crash, at least on PS4.

So I guess this means I used save/load exploit to get all trophies and Platinum the game.

Last edited:
I have no idea how you would balance a game around a player with 4k additional armour through slots and one where they have no additional armour because of RNG wearing the same legendary armour sets the difference being one save scummed. Or all that additional damage.

Mod slots are far to powerful to be left to chance,.. Either give us max and design around that or give us a set number and balance around that but this RNG slots is a shit idea
No need for legendary. Any 4 slot does the job.

Armor nets you 50-100 pts. A slot gives you 200-400.
Armour 2000+ is you being invincible. You have to find 5-10 slots on 4 pieces of silk to be Superman.

They shouldn't have implemented looter shooter mechanics in the first place if they didn't want this to happen. Exploits will often be used when found, but these kind of addiction driven, MMO/MOBA oriented, weapons systems make it irresistible - even necessary at times. This game isn't a early access version of itself; It's a beta version of the online game...
Yep. Feels like a trial run for online.

Cool story.

Except, they will probably get rid of the save/load exploit and if they end up implementing any sort of multiplayer you'll just get destroyed by people who can craft whatever they want.

cool story bro.

mp will be a different game like gtao and gta5 - get your infos right before blaming people who dislike wasting 18 points in a lame crafting tree.

The Sniper guy has a trip mine blocking the ladder. The game blocks you from shooting it. At every angle. The guard rails have magic walls. Blocking sniper shots between the railing. Even on the ladder. Where that is normally not a problem. Just so you can't get up to him.

Devils advocate
>tech weapons
shoot through walls and napalm sticks to kids
>quickhacks
>optical implant for detecting enemies
>ping
utilize available game mechanics. If you feel you have to cheaply fight the game to win fights on any difficulty in this bog standard looter shooter, the game is telling you you're doing something wrong. I mean we're talking a system where you can craft, mod, upgrade, and buy 100% crit chance weapons with it stacking on perks that'll do 500,000 damage to enemies with (on veryhard) 10,000 health. The game is very fair to the player... on everything but north of normal negating armor rating entirely.

The earlier builds seem harder, as enemy netrunning seems to be nerfed heavily by the hotfixes to the point only burn is used. Earlygame everything but auto kill ultimates was fair game for the AI so you'd find yourself blinded, poisoned, short circuited, rooted to the ground, and weapons disabled in high end gameplay against them. It probably felt like some fucking bullshit, which is why they quickly disabled everything... and made the voodoo boys absolute scrubs instead of an endgame threat. But I digress.

Dude I got 11k armour and Comrade's Hammer+Blackunicorn

A Cold Blooded Samurai Techie.. I'm not getting down on you but legendary quickhacks are crafted weapon have the highest DPS with applicable perks.. I dunno I been playing a 18/18 reflex/tech 16/16 body/cool for 250 hours now and have scrutinized the trees to achieve minmax.. Techies isn't a waste at all in fact is maximum eddies and freedom
oh no yeah quick hacks are absolutely nuts. My fav build I did was a contagion build. Can stealth a building without walking in. But it's useful there compared to a solo's build. Where a solo you genuinely want as much dmg as possible in that headshot.

It is an exploit. You have to be specific about what is being exploited though.

You are using save/load game state to identify patterns in how the game randomly generates items with the intent to bring about a preferable outcome. This is only possible because the method used to generate random seed outputs for varying item/mod type and is not sufficiently complex. Your random number generator isn't random enough and therefore not able to do its job.

For example. item generation on enemy corpses is seeded by their xyz coordinates when they die. You can confirm this by saving in front of a stationary enemy and killing them in place, then save/load game state to generate repeat items. If instead you allow the enemy to move to different coordinates and then kill them, you will get different item and/or mod types.

This method of randomizing loot is not new and works well in games where enemies are constantly moving, as it is very difficult for the player to kill the same enemy in exactly the same place enough times in a row to generate repeat items.

In Cyberpunk, enemies have a habit of standing around a lot (even when alerted to your presence) so it is easy to expose corpse item generation mechanics with save/load.

If they seeded corpse loot by xyz coordinates + real time increment, then it would not be possible to save scum corpses because real time passes between killing an enemy and reloading the game state so you can kill them again. So why not do it this way? Don't know. If I had to guess, maybe they are trying to minimize the number of seed states that need to be tracked and stored in save files, for performance/file size reasons. But I'm pulling that out of my arse. I have no idea. This could explain why sockets are never randomized though. Instead they created a mod (with a high occurrence rate) which disables a socket so the game only randomizes mods. This way you only need to track 1 seed state for 2 item variables - the type of mod and the number of sockets.

Save scumming is a byproduct of a deficient procedurally generated loot system. If you change the system in the right way, there will be no need for anyone to save scum. But this is something that needs a lot of dev work and is non trivial to implement so it will take time.

Last edited:
I bet the reason they are investigating is because of multiplayer. No other explanation for why something as inconsequential to the single player experience would be getting valuable developer attention when there are far more visible and deleterious bugs still affecting the game.

Top Bottom