So they really not gonna talk to us?

+
I believe if you added up the amount of unique rants across all areas of social media it would be a small fraction of 13 million and I still think they should kick both companies to the curb and they would be better off both in the saving of dev time , misc production costs and licensing fees if you subtract all that form the $60 retail cost of the last gen consoles the profit margin probably is very little compared to putting that money into the development of the actual game.

I'd agree with ditching Sony and Microsoft as they seem to be little more than a source of frustration for this company. Up until this game, my PC based experience of CDPR products was pretty smooth sailing. It all started going down hill when they floated as a PLC and exposed themselves to avaricious shareholders.

Money just fucks shit up.

Yes because what you or the other people who agree with your opinion think is "valid " is correct Anyone who disagrees with you is just wrong right?

Again have you thought that people are speaking form their own minds and not "defending" the company.

Not at all. It means we disagree. I initially tend not to be defensive in my initial reply to disagreement. That changes when I feel like my opinion is being purposefully invalidated and attacked. Kind of like your reply here.

I think that as much of an over exaggeration as your opinion about Sony an Microsoft is

And you're entitled to that opinion. As I am to mine. And I doubt they'd have been able to spend as much as they did producing this game without the investment from those companies.

I still think they should kick both companies to the curb and they would be better off both in the saving of dev time , misc production costs and licensing fees if you subtract all that form the $60 retail cost of the last gen consoles the profit margin probably is very little compared to putting that money into the development of the actual game.

And either of us can only "speculate" what the actual numbers are.

I also believe if you added up the amount of unique rants across all areas of social media it would be a small fraction of 13 million. ( no stats or facts just a belief just like yours)

And that's fine too. So long as you respect that my "beliefs" are no less valid than yours.

1. Ah, you're right. My bad, I only skimmed it. I think he and I have the same card.
The differences at first glance: I use an older Nvidea driver and I have double his RAM
2. I'd have to check because I fiddled with settings when I started playing in December. Not playing anymore. What I remember: NPCs on HUD, crowd density and FOV. Dynamic Fidelityfx CAS seems to do the trick for some
3. Sure, it's set to ultra, but I switched around a few things myself. Volumetric fog and reflections have the most impact on FPS from what I've seen.
4. Damn, I've tried changing a lot of settings, too many for me to list off the top of my head (most of the things I change tend to worsen FPS). If you're actually interested, there's plenty of resources available online if digging through a game's internals by yourself without a guide isn't your thing. You can even change some settings while in-game if you use something like:

That's pretty much all I've done. Your video did show mostly city gameplay for 1080p ultra settings - Badlands and such are obviously much better - but even in NC your FPS shouldn't be at 40-50 with that hardware.
1. He has 16gb of ram. You dont need more at at any resolution and settings conform sys req. Minimum is 8gb. There should be no diference between 16 and 32. No?
2. I used different Drivers. It runs worse on older driver. In fact Cd Red Project in support part of their site says to upgrade to newest driver. But your getting better fps then him with older.
3. The guy in the video says crowd density does not make any diference on any settings for 3700x So this settings Its irelevant for our comparison.
The guy is getting 56-70 on low but your getting 60+ on ultra most settings with weaker CPU.
On medium is still is 45-60 with better CPU. But your getting 60+ on tweaked ultra with weaker CPU.
4. I used configoverhaulcyberpunk and Cyber Engine Tweaks. The first helped. The second did not. Still unplayable.

In conclusion I cant really see a definite reason how u are getting 60+ on ultra tweaked 99.5% of the time and this guy is not getting that on low and medium.

Common. Something Its not right. :sneaky:

Q: Can u make a video in the same area as him on your tweaked ultra for me to see?
Post automatically merged:

He said hid which implies there were reviews that were hidden .. rather than reviews being prevented which is what I guess he meant.

But yea the whole point of pr is to promote the sale of a product.
Yes like i was saying make more sales by trying to hide the truth.
The Yonyeah review was being prevented by not leting him show fottage of PS4 gameplay sir.
Q: How is that not trying to hide reviews?
They apoologize themeselves for hiding the gameplay on consoles before launch.
Therefore scam and greed.
"We would like to start by apologising to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase,"

Last edited:

From what I've noticed, certain gpu+cpu combos behave much worse than others. Also resolution is more of a bigger deal in CP2077.

I'm on a 9700k(stock) with 32gb of ram (doesn't matter, haven't seen cyberpunk use more than 8gb) and an 1070ti 8gb vram (most I've seen cyberpunk using is a bit over 6gb). My SSD is a pcie one, so that should make a bit of a difference with asset streaming, I've only once noticed a texture loading in.

So nothing really top of the line there and I'm running 1080p for the game.

I get between 60-70fps pretty much anywhere in the game. Even while running alternate crowds. I'm on a mix of ultra and mid/high settings as well. Gamers Nexus did make a decent video with what might make a difference visually, what you can just leave maxed out, what you can lower for more fps. Most of it is common sense if you're used with tweaking settings in other games. The thing that make the most notable fps change for me was setting volumetric lights to medium and it has almost no visual impact, but helps a lot of the foggy scenes. Volumetric clouds are on low, cause they don't make much of a difference and you get a decent fps boost when they're around. Cascade shadow resolution is set to low and range maxed out. I don't care much about those shadows and they don't make that much of a difference in terms of resolution, range does however. Contact shadows are on medium, but I could safely increase it, just haven't bothered to yet.

I recorded this funny monk dialog last time I played, mind the gfycat compressions, but yeah, pretty smooth gameplay with good graphics.

Never crashed even after 80 hours of gameplay, only encountered a couple broken quest bugs that made me redo a quest. There are a lot of physics and visual glitches tho. But with the visuals I get, I can't complain much.
photomode_04012021_145800.png

I mean, I would love for it to be 120fps+ but 60-70 is not too bad. If I had a RTX card I would most likely fidget with all RTX settings til I found something that looked nice and still ran fast. Would probably use DLSS on quality mode as well.

On the main topic of the post, I can understand if they pull a No Man's Sky on us, but if they do, they better deliver. If not, at least say what you're working on and how you plan to improve the game... and then deliver. The Witcher 3 improved a lot with all the free DLCs and paid expansions, I hope the same will happen here.

1. He has 16gb of ram. You dont need more at at any resolution and settings conform sys req. Minimum is 8gb. There should be no diference between 16 and 32. No?
2. I used different Drivers. It runs worse on older driver. In fact Cd Red Project in support part of their site says to upgrade to newest driver. But your getting better fps then him with older.
3. The guy in the video says crowd density does not make any diference on any settings for 3700x So this settings Its
1. RAM won't have much of an effect on FPS and I never said it does.
2. It doesn't run worse on older drivers for me, so yes, I am getting better FPS with an older driver.
3. "The guy said it is irrelevant." And I told you it was relevant for me. Driving fast through the city is smoother when you use smaller crowds or outright disable them (Disabling cars helps too). Again: fog & reflections.
The guy is getting 56-70 on low but your getting 60+ on ultra most settings with weaker CPU.
On medium is still is 45-60 with better CPU. But your getting 60+ on tweaked ultra with weaker CPU.
Yes.
4. I used configoverhaulcyberpunk and Cyber Engine Tweaks. The first helped. The second did not. Still unplayable.
I only linked Cyber Engine Tweaks because you can edit things through the console it adds. This way you don't even have to edit files manually. Sorry to hear modding hasn't helped you though.
In conclusion I cant really see a definite reason how u are getting 60+ on ultra tweaked 99.5% of the time and this guy is not getting that on low and medium.
Q: Can u make a video in the same area as him on your tweaked ultra for me to see?
So in conclusion: I have been patient and explained what I did in my posts above. The game seems poorly optimized right now, but if you play with the settings you can get away with lots of stuff on ultra and still have 60+ fps 99.5% of the time.
A: Dunno why, but you seem pretty confrontational if I'm being honest, so I hope you'll forgive me if I don't make a step by step video guide soley for your convenience.
Bottom line: If you want 60+ fps like me, you'll have to sacrifice some settings and manually optimize your setup.
If you want to use presets or run everything on max and still get 60+, you'll have to wait till CDPR optimizes the game.

Last edited:
"We would like to start by apologising to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase,"

How about you apologize for releasing a broken fucking game!

Ahem.

Sorry.

1. RAM won't have much of an effect on FPS and I never said it does.
2. It doesn't run worse on older drivers for me, so yes, I am getting better FPS with an older driver.
3. "The guy said it is irrelevant." And I told you it was relevant for me. Driving fast through the city is smoother when you use smaller crowds or outright disable them (Disabling cars helps too). Again: fog & reflections.

Yes.

I only linked Cyber Engine Tweaks because you can edit things through the console it adds. This way you don't even have to edit files manually. Sorry to hear modding hasn't helped you though.

So in conclusion: I have been patient and explained what I did in my posts above. The game seems poorly optimized right now, but if you play with the settings you can get away with lots of stuff on ultra and still have 60+ fps 99.5% of the time.
A: Dunno why, but you seem pretty confrontational if I'm being honest, so I hope you'll forgive me if I don't make a step by step video guide soley for your convenience.
Bottom line: If you want 60+ fps like me, you'll have to sacrifice some settings and manually optimize your setup.
If you want to use presets or run everything on max and still get 60+, you'll have to wait till CDPR optimizes the game.
I then refuse to believe. I am skeptical by nature seeing my performance, my brother performance's (which is more abysmal then mine: 6-22 FPS very stuttery and fluctuation of fps) and console's performance.
I would settle for stable ~30 FPS. Pff. I get with the tweaks 17-20 FPS on 1080p low, crowd density on low.
That's totally unplayable. Also the game looks bad: blurry, hazy, textures not loading, texture flickering(as u can see in video above the car there is some flickering).

NPC look like this:
image_2021-01-05_102144.png

Last edited:
Yes like i was saying make more sales by trying to hide the truth.
The Yonyeah review was being prevented by not leting him show fottage of PS4 gameplay sir.
Q: How is that not trying to hide reviews?
They apoologize themeselves for hiding the gameplay on consoles before launch.
Therefore scam and greed.

You can't hide a review that never existed ;)

Look.. I hadn't been following the development of this game for 8 years. I think I in part bought it because I wanted to see if it was as messed up as people were saying. In the end I like the game. I'm playing it on a ps4 pro and I'm happy and I feel like I got my monies worth. I'd rather play this than many other games just for the themes involved. If they make improvements and add more content its more incentive for me to keep playing it.

It feels like even if there weren't the bugs they'd be getting reamed for a bunch of other reasons.

I think the moral of the story here is .. don't pre-order a game that took 8 years to develop.. you waited that long you can probably wait a bit longer. If they can't show you footage on the platform you want to play it on then don't pre-order it.. no matter what they say don't buy it. And don't get angry with me because I like the game and don't feel like the game company is evil ( somebody else more maudlin said that).

You can't hide a review that never existed ;)

Look.. I hadn't been following the development of this game for 8 years. I think I in part bought it because I wanted to see if it was as messed up as people were saying. In the end I like the game. I'm playing it on a ps4 pro and I'm happy and I feel like I got my monies worth. I'd rather play this than many other games just for the themes involved. If they make improvements and add more content its more incentive for me to keep playing it.

It feels like even if there weren't the bugs they'd be getting reamed for a bunch of other reasons.

I think the moral of the story here is .. don't pre-order a game that took 8 years to develop.. you waited that long you can probably wait a bit longer. If they can't show you footage on the platform you want to play it on then don't pre-order it.. no matter what they say don't buy it. And don't get angry with me because I like the game and don't feel like the game company is evil ( somebody else more maudlin said that).

I am not mad. I am just arguing.
Trying to hide the truth to make more sales is definitely not good. Therefore evil.
Trying to screw the console players just to make sales cuz u need money, cuz greed is definitely malevolent.
Don't tell me this kind of behaviour is benevolent.

Q: Who believes that? :sneaky:

justifying evil its evil in itself.
[...]

I did not pre-order. Bought day 1 on pc.
I trusted CDRP because of past experience with their games. I couldn't could have known they would turn EA like Bethesda did with Fallout76.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pfft.. drama! Well sir I am a console player don't feel screwed.

Its probably true that their reputation has taken a big hit but its a bit much to say they are evil on some biblical level. You need to lighten up.

Also you bought it on the PC so what are you complaining about?

Pfft.. drama! Well sir I am a console player don't feel screwed.

Its probably true that their reputation has taken a big hit but its a bit much to say they are evil on some biblical level. You need to lighten up.

Also you bought it on the PC so what are you complaining about?
I did not say their are evil on biblical level. I just made an analogy.
Don't straw-man.

Q: Why talk about me? (Ad hominem)
I did not talk about u.
I am perfectly calm. I just made a logical cold analysis.

Q: Is their behaviour benevolent? (Yes or No)

This isn't the first, and it won't be the last, game company that spends months with no communications going out as they spend 80 hour work weeks cramming all the changes they can to improve the released product.

CP2077 is not THAT bad of a game. Yeah, console players need a lot of love. But that is what they are working on. I mean better this than closing shop and taking all your money.

No man sky, no man sky
Yea I never bought the game but I remember hearing a lot of people wanted an apology rightfully so, and they never got it. All I remember is the devs kept their head down and made the game better with free content. If they aren't going to talk, then the hope is that they make this game what they envisioned it to be without cut content. Honestly though, I'm not expecting much. Bottom line, I hope they listen to their loyal fans.
Post automatically merged:

So I've heard all kinds of excuses from the community fans, from holiday vacations to lawsuits shutdowns, to "it hasn't been that long".

I saw an interesting article yesterday, from a major news outlet, which pretty much said that "CD Projekt declined to make executives available for this article, and said in a statement the company would vigorously defend itself from litigation. "

So that was an interesting comment. Not that "they weren't available", but "they we're not talking." The NY Times and Forbes have said similiar things in their articles.

So it seems that CDPR has shut down all external communication, at least on the official level, which generally isn't good. It's not about the holidays, it's about the lawsuit. Which also means fuck the fans.

First it was investors that screwed over the fans, now it's lawyers, and management who should be in control over all of it, is just circling the drain, unsure of what to do, so has decided to shut up and hope it all goes away.

Hmmm good point, I think then it is like this. They want to talk, but can't because of the lawsuit, which is totally normal. So if thats the case, that needs to be communicated. Because I think a lot of people still care about CDPR, if they say hey, what we said last time is still true, and if you don't see us on socials its because of the lawsuit etc. So I think we won't be hearing much from anybody then. Not for a long time. I'm assuming the updates will just be. Here is the update, enjoy. See ya next one.

I then refuse to believe. I am skeptical by nature seeing my performance, my brother performance's (which is more abysmal then mine: 6-22 FPS very stuttery and fluctuation of fps) and console's performance.
I would settle for stable ~30 FPS. Pff. I get with the tweaks 17-20 FPS on 1080p low, crowd density on low.
That's totally unplayable. Also the game looks bad: blurry, hazy, textures not loading, texture flickering(as u can see in video above the car there is some flickering).
I can only tell you what my experience with the game has been like.
You're either playing on PS4 or real old PC hardware. Never had below 30 FPS for more than a couple of seconds.
Performance just hasn't been an issue for me. Been all about broken gameplay, strange bugs and glitches over here
This isn't the first, and it won't be the last, game company that spends months with no communications going out as they spend 80 hour work weeks cramming all the changes they can to improve the released product.
CP2077 is not THAT bad of a game. Yeah, console players need a lot of love. But that is what they are working on. I mean better this than closing shop and taking all your money.
All true. Still, a release like Cyberpunk's is completely unacceptable (not to mention the deceitful marketing, showing features that would be cut in the release version) and the top dogs at CDPR hopefully learned their lessons the hard way.

You're either playing on PS4 or real old PC hardware. Never had below 30 FPS for more than a couple of seconds.
Performance just hasn't been an issue for me. Been all about broken gameplay, strange bugs and glitches over here

All true. Still, a release like Cyberpunk's is completely unacceptable (not to mention the deceitful marketing, showing features that would be cut in the release version) and the top dogs at CDPR hopefully learned their lessons the hard way.
If CDPR would be the first game that had this happen, content being cut, unpolished and so on. Probably all due to the stressed and forced release. Than we would probably have said: "ooh, okay.. Sounds logical. But you come through yeah?" And then we waited patiently for them to deliver (which I still have hope for they do).
But EA and other companies have been playing that ball for over a decade now, sometimes even deliberately... At some point the community simply has had enough.
And in a way, its a bit sad. I have to believe they have the correct intentions. And if they fix what is broken and add what was cut, then all is not lost. But the pressure is on and this has become an all or nothing deal.

I met syst req 1080p High. Its not that old. 3 years old hardware.

Q: Did u not watch the video i posted?

Have the specs in title and description.

My brother has i5 6400 + 8 GB 3200 Mhz RAM + GTX 1060 3GB + 240 GB SATA SSD.
I have Ryzen 7 1700 + 16 GB 3200 Mhz RAM + RX 580 4GB + 240 GB SATA SSD.

I met syst req 1080p High. Its not that old. 3 years old hardware.

Q: Did u not watch the video i posted?
Have the specs in title and description.

My brother has i5 6400 + 8 GB 3200 Mhz RAM + GTX 1060 3GB + 240 GB SATA SSD.
I have Ryzen 7 1700 + 16 GB 3200 Mhz RAM + RX 580 4GB + 240 GB SATA SSD.
What I can tell you is that with the game's poor optimzation, 4 & 3GB VRAM won't be enough to handle high graphic settings at a high framerate. Similarly, with a 1080, I shouldn't need to tinker with settings as much as I've had to just to get decent fps.
CDPR's system requirements are very optimistic at the moment.
Your systems should be fine for 1080p High. It's not your hardware. It's the poor state of the game.

What I can tell you is that with the game's poor optimzation, 4 & 3GB VRAM won't be enough to handle high graphic settings at a high framerate. Similarly, with a 1080, I shouldn't need to tinker with settings as much as I've had to just to get decent fps.
CDPR's system requirements are very optimistic at the moment.
Your systems should be fine for 1080p High. It's not your hardware. It's the poor state of the game.
Even tried to run at 720p low texture, low settings, low field of view, low crowd density, configoverhaulcyberpunk optimized.
Had better high 30-38 FPS but it still stuttered and had lows of 15-17 FPS.
No to say it looked so bad on my 1080p 30" Samsung TV.

720p.png

Top Bottom