So they really not gonna talk to us?

+
given that a class action lawsuit has been filled in at least one country/state and others have suggested they are going to aswell.
Their lawyers are most likely telling them to keep it quite for now. They are being tight lipped about everything.

Well considering they dont talk to their own people.. devs etc.. why would they talk to you.. dont get me wrong i would like that too but we dont matter. If there was no backclash they wouldnt even fix this.. whatever this is.. people need to understand that this game was different but few people made a decision to be like this.. few people and i think that those people dont even know how game development works.... devs would never release it like this.. You can see this from a mile that things are cut and redone.

It's only 3 days since New Year's Eve. When would you have wanted them to tell you things? Christmas?

Every day I go without news is me wishing I did refund it.
Post automatically merged:

Also it is still holiday season.., While it is over in North America for Poland and probably their core employees Christmas has yet to hit if they follow old calendar. the guys went thru a large crunch period and need a bit of a rest.. I would not expect to see anything significant until after Old new years.. so probably after January 14
Not asking them to crunch again, just even telling us hey, probably don't expect anything till march would go a long way.

**** sony, make a mature, uncompromising game and through word of mouth and in this case because of prior interest it would sell like hotcakes without sony bs.
I actually applaud sony for doing it, sucks that it happened with this game, but hopefully going forward there is less broken games being pushed out the door.

What you want them to say?? Sowwy we bad?, sowwy wee working on it?? Sowwy heres our schedule??

Nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING they say will appease some ppl and the rest wont stay appeased for long, the best and only thing worth there salt doing is just shutting the hell up, getting there heads down and releasing updates and fixes.

Words are meaningless, statements of intent are meaningless, fixing the game and turning it into something they aswell as us are happy playing is the only thing worth doing

They didn't say very much after the last delay, either.

Nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING they say will appease some ppl and the rest wont stay appeased for long, the best and only thing worth there salt doing is just shutting the hell up, getting there heads down and releasing updates and fixes.

Words are meaningless, statements of intent are meaningless, fixing the game and turning it into something they aswell as us are happy playing is the only thing worth doing
exactly.

Yeah, come on guys. I hate to say it, but cut them some slack. They're probably just getting back from the holidays, trying to figure out what the hell to do. What do you want? They said last month they plan a set of big patches for January and Feb. No, they don't know what exactly will be in them. No, they don't have an exact ETA for either, and given how poorly announcing dates has gone for them so far they sure as hell wouldn't say so if they did.

Jesus, let the devs get their heads back in the game and get to work.

Agreed they should have a press person who is active and open to dialogue :)

Because having dedicated community managers converse with the fans (looking at you, Twitter) never created embarrassing situations for the company.

People want them to learn from their mistakes. Seems one of their takeaways is to not allow their PR faces free reign to chitchat with the public.

Yeah, come on guys. I hate to say it, but cut them some slack. They're probably just getting back from the holidays, trying to figure out what the hell to do. What do you want? They said last month they plan a set of big patches for January and Feb. No, they don't know what exactly will be in them. No, they don't have an exact ETA for either, and given how poorly announcing dates has gone for them so far they sure as hell wouldn't say so if they did.

Jesus, let the devs get their heads back in the game and get to work.
I get that $60 isn't much and when stocks are normal and I can get a 3070 I am gonna re-buy the game. Everyone who paid to get this game deserves some communication even if it's just "we are back at work after the holidays will follow up again soon." Transparency will go a long way towards gaining back trust

Because having dedicated community managers converse with the fans (looking at you, Twitter) never created embarrassing situations for the company.

People want them to learn from their mistakes. Seems one of their takeaways is to not allow their PR faces free reign to chitchat with the public.
That's why it should be one or a very tight team that only communicate what have been approved

I think for such a big game and such a great company as CDPR, they should discuss some of the concerns the fans have. Gather most reappearing questions by the fans and release CDPR position on those. Unless they want to give us a surprise :)

I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that they're in talks with Sony and Microsoft about what they need to do to fix the game for last gen console gamers, and then separately negotiating with Sony to re-add the game to their store as quickly as possible.

But in regard to that second part, Sony really has CDPR over a barrel, and it could go either way. Of all the aspects of this whole debacle, the Sony store aspect is the most potentially damaging financially for CDPR as a company. Because I doubt Sony is going to just "settle" for a belated version of the game that prompted mass refunds to their console users. They ARE going to want something to compensate both themselves as an inconvenienced distributor AND their users for the inconvenience and refund hassle to pull them back toward the game. Lowered price point or some Sony reward offered at CDPR's expense would seem the most likely.

So at the moment, silence probably is golden.

I personally want some type of communication. All their official feeds are radio silence. When is next patch planned for? Is 1.07 going to be one of the "big" patches?
Must be too busy counting money :smart:

Talk is cheap. Mind you, I believe the "leak" is legitimate but also astro-turf.

They want to only give the next update when there's actual legitimate improvement, IMHO.

Eh I am skeptical on the leak.
Talk may be cheap, but it would keep the hoes like me happy can't put a price on that lmao

I imagine there will be a lot more talk once they have the first big update out. However, given that so much was wrong with the game, I wouldn't be surprised if the January update happens on January 30th at the earliest.

The first message from CDP will be probably about the delay of the 2 big patches that they promised.

The yellow screen of death is coming.

I'm pretty sure they are going to be silent for a good while. Here some key factor why from my point of view :

1) They already made their initial damage-control statement before christmas.
2) There is legal action against them from investor. Usually you better shut up when legal action are out going.
3) Their biggest issu right now is being remove from Playstation Store. My guess is that they are focusing everything of making a return there. It's not the time to make promise about future content.

The only time we are going to heard from them, it's when they are going to release hotfix. They are not stupid. They know they have lost a lot of goodwill. Whatever they say wont change anything and will only add fuel to the fire.

The first message from CDP will be probably about the delay of the 2 big patches that they promised.

The yellow screen of death is coming.

I have no problem delaying if they actually are doing the work.

Sadly, I imagine crunch will be a huge deal this coming three or four months.

Why though? There is a thousand new YouTube videos a day speculating wildly and making new rumours and over-analysing every single thing they say or do that would just murky what they say through official channels.

Best to step aside from all that, do what they do, and let the content that comes speak for itself.

As much as I would love to get some official info from CDP/CDPRed, I think we all need to remember that they are all human beings. They have their own lives, families, etc. and today is the first day after Christmas-New Year's period. Give them some time to get their **** together, becuase rushed promises is the last thing that either CDP or this community needs right now.

Top Bottom