So they really not gonna talk to us?

+
I'm pretty sure they are going to be silent for a good while. Here some key factor why from my point of view :

1) They already made their initial damage-control statement before christmas.
2) There is legal action against them from investor. Usually you better shut up when legal action are out going.
3) Their biggest issu right now is being remove from Playstation Store. My guess is that they are focusing everything of making a return there. It's not the time to make promise about future content.

The only time we are going to heard from them, it's when they are going to release hotfix. They are not stupid. They know they have lost a lot of goodwill. Whatever they say wont change anything and will only add fuel to the fire.
I am strictly talking about performance not new content will edit that in i guess

So I've heard all kinds of excuses from the community fans, from holiday vacations to lawsuits shutdowns, to "it hasn't been that long".

I saw an interesting article yesterday, from a major news outlet, which pretty much said that "CD Projekt declined to make executives available for this article, and said in a statement the company would vigorously defend itself from litigation. "

So that was an interesting comment. Not that "they weren't available", but "they we're not talking." The NY Times and Forbes have said similiar things in their articles.

So it seems that CDPR has shut down all external communication, at least on the official level, which generally isn't good. It's not about the holidays, it's about the lawsuit. Which also means fuck the fans.

First it was investors that screwed over the fans, now it's lawyers, and management who should be in control over all of it, is just circling the drain, unsure of what to do, so has decided to shut up and hope it all goes away.
I love that, "vigorously" defend themselves, lol. Even Helen Keller could tell this game wasn't ready for release but they went and did it anyway. I'd LOVE to hear the excuses these guys will come up with :LOL:

Ziffa

Forum regular
I love that, "vigorously" defend themselves, lol. Even Helen Keller could tell this game wasn't ready for release but they went and did it anyway. I'd LOVE to hear the excuses these guys will come up with :LOL:
No one said making good games was easy.
RDR2 took 8 years, and Rockstars had years of experience in open world games.

Here, they just decided to ship it anyway, cuz fuck customer.
There is no excuse for shipping an unfinished game.

Iys funny...prior to the release they all talked...now the game released in what we know and people say they should be silent?i dknt agrea with that...beecause hyping the game they wore always talking with us...

Unfortunate for them, holidays happend. So I doubt anyone was working on patches.

Official apology would make things worse imo. People are cruel in the internet. I think best course of action is just to release bug fixes, updates and surprise us with something bigger - like free DLC's or something.

No one said making good games was easy.
RDR2 took 8 years, and Rockstars had years of experience in open world games.

Here, they just decided to ship it anyway, cuz fuck customer.
There is no excuse for shipping an unfinished game.
Yup!

OMG Can you like give them time? Today is officially first day after holidays?

First the game launched on December 10th, 15 days before the holidays. The only word we've officially gotten was on the 14th of December which was a canned apology, 10 days before the holidays. You're telling me in two weeks they couldn't come up with something on how to fix their game.

Also, as much as the holidays matter to the employees, after the managers decided to release early before the holidays, and decided that for a YEAR the employees personnal lives matter less then their game, the fact that I don't care that the managers personnal lives more then the games. They had their employees crunch for a year, they can crunch over the holidays and tell us how they're going to fix the mess that they created.

Sure they're talking to Sony... because that's a big company and can fry them. Are they talking to the fans, no. So again big companies are more important then their fans.

So no couldn't care less about the holidays excuse, it's bogus. I'm not asking for specifics, but kind of a rough idea of what they intend to do and when they intend to do it would be great.

I personally want some type of communication. All their official feeds are radio silence. When is next patch planned for? Is 1.07 going to be one of the "big" patches?
Must be too busy counting money :smart:

edit: I am strictly talking about performance updates, not new content.

Well, they're only human. It's been pretty rough online. It's probably smart to let us all cool down and more of us to digest the game while they work.

That, and they're probably still figuring out timelines/priorities.

edit: But they already told us what to expect. A patch in Jan and Feb. There's nothing else for them to really say. If anything they're just looking for feedback.

Well, they're only human. It's been pretty rough online. It's probably smart to let us all cool down and more of us to digest the game while they work.

That, and they're probably still figuring out timelines/priorities.

Not to mention the law suits means they might actually be in a position where they've been advised to say nothing depending on what's going on behind the scenes with that.

If they really want to go the No Man's Sky way, they should just confirm the latest "leak" and then shut the fu** up and work at fixing the game and implementing cut content. If they start again with promising things they can't keep, it will only get worse.

Not to mention the law suits means they might actually be in a position where they've been advised to say nothing depending on what's going on behind the scenes with that.

They put themselves in the position to be sued, so as a customer the lawsuit excuse only holds so much weight. Besides the lawsuit only happened a week ago, meaning they had at least two weeks to communicate with us prior to that, and they failed to do so.

Again, excuses that don't hold a ton of weight here.

They put themselves in the position to be sued, so as a customer the lawsuit excuse only holds so much weight. Besides the lawsuit only happened a week ago, meaning they had at least two weeks to communicate with us prior to that, and they failed to do so.

I'm not saying it's an excuse - I'm just saying there could be other reasons for not saying anything now.

The "put themselves into a position to be sued" wouldn't change the fact that they could have been advised to not say anything else for the time being. Which is pretty common practice for big companies.

I understand why they are careful with announcments at this point because the situation CDPR management have put the company in is quite extraordinary.

Being sued by investors in a class action lawsuit is rare even for gaming companies, and anything they say can be used against them in that lawsuit.

I'm not saying it's an excuse - I'm just saying there could be other reasons for not saying anything now.

The "put themselves into a position to be sued" wouldn't change the fact that they could have been advised to not say anything else for the time being. Which is pretty common practice for big companies.

Which I 100% agree with, but what about the two weeks prior to the lawsuit? I mean there were rumblings and such of one, but there are always rumblings and such, so really in two weeks, the PR department is so incompetant over at CDPR that they couldn't put something together prior to the lawsuit? They managed to do the biggest PR and marketing in the history of games, but can't figure out in two weeks, what to say to their fans?

Which I 100% agree with, but what about the two weeks prior to the lawsuit? I mean there were rumblings and such of one, but there are always rumblings and such, so really in two weeks, the PR department is so incompetant over at CDPR that they couldn't put something together prior to the lawsuit? They managed to do the biggest PR and marketing in the history of games, but can't figure out in two weeks, what to say to their fans?

I can only imagine they were in a mad scramble, crushed morale, devs telling management "I told you so" and so on.

If I was in a position of PR for the company I'd probably outright quit during that period. How do you whether the storm of memes, youtube videos and forum posts with a "We're sorry" post? Especially after developers were recieving threats of violence and relentless insults.

I don't envy anyone in that position.

I can only imagine they were in a mad scramble, crushed morale, devs telling management "I told you so" and so on.

If I was in a position of PR for the company I'd probably outright quit during that period. How do you whether the storm of memes, youtube videos and forum posts with a "We're sorry" post? Especially after developers were recieving threats of violence and relentless insults.

I don't envy anyone in that position.

Yeah neither would I. But I'm not blaming the PR department. Management should have been prepared somewhat for this. Maybe not to the level we see today, but come on, they knew they were releasing the game unfinished and in a cut down version. They knew it didn't really work on consoles all that well. They should have had something prepped, knowing they could get EA levels of hatred tossed at them.

But then I don't know why I would think that the managers were anything at all competent in this release.

Top Bottom