So they really not gonna talk to us?

+
Those "ancient consoles" aren't very ancient. Dated, yes, just barely. Ancient? Hell no. Any game can be hacked at to run on older hardware. The question is just, to what length does the proverbial game need hacked to be able to run on said old hardware. Luckily, those ancient consoles are pretty capable, surprisingly. The game's ambitious sure, however a piece of software being ambitious does not inherently remove the necessities and/or possibilities to optimize.

Edit: Would also like to add that yeah the game was announced before new consoles were even heard of beyond pure speculation.

Sure but then the red would probably get raked over the coals for the game not looking exactly as good as the best quality they've shown in demos.

Last of US 2, Red Dead Redemption, Death Stranding dont have this problem on ps4. Cyberpunk its just unoptimised.
Why are you talking to me? You just repeated what I said in a fraction of the words but also in a manner as if you're disagreeing with me. You've insulted every other person & culture/religion in this thread, so just in case you're about to start typing... I'm out.

Sure but then the red would probably get raked over the coals for the game not looking exactly as good as the best quality they've shown in demos.

This is true. But such is game development. Happens with every big release. Most of them anyway, the "popular" ones. And there's always rage over it. There will be a good middle ground, if that means anything.

Why are you talking to me? You just repeated what I said in a fraction of the words but also in a manner as if you're disagreeing with me. You've insulted every other person & culture/religion in this thread, so just in case you're about to start typing... I'm out.
I did not dissagree with you. LOL. I agreed with u.

Last of US 2, Red Dead Redemption, Death Stranding dont have this problem on ps4. Cyberpunk its just unoptimised.
Post automatically merged:

You get 40-50 fps on 1080p High texture with Quick preset set to ultra?without the 3 settings? Yes?
If you read my original post, you know I do!

Enough with that, please. No one has to prove anything to anyone, but everyone needs to be treated with kindness and respect. Post deleted.

Someone correct if I’m wrong, but didn’t they sell pre-orders of PS4 version before they even announced they’ll release also on next gen?
Kind of hard to back out when people have already bought the game.

Thats a fair point but didn't releasing with Sony mean other systems besides ps4 and isn't the ps4 slim kinda weak?

They probably should have waited another year. But like I said I'm satisfied with playing it on a ps4 pro but would be interested in playing it on a better system.

Sounds more like damage control than greed.. imo but how exactly do you think they hid ps4 reviews?
how was it damage control when the game wasn't even released yet? people didn't have the game on their hands yet
they were basically using PR to promote their game and make people buy it

Thats a fair point but didn't releasing with Sony mean other systems besides ps4 and isn't the ps4 slim kinda weak?

They probably should have waited another year. But like I said I'm satisfied with playing it on a ps4 pro but would be interested in playing it on a better system.

I don't have exact dates at hand, but I believe that during early development and even at the times that pre-orders started, next gen consoles really weren't a thing yet. Of course everybody knew they were coming, but there wasn't anything substantive to public, no release date, no hardware reveals.
So at the time PS4 release was probably the goal. Only during development and after multiple postpones, did the next gen actually come at play.

So I don't think CDPR initially planned next gen at all and already had sold it a bunch on last gen. So saying they were "forced to release on ancient consoles" really isn't how it went.
Right?

Sounds more like damage control than greed.. imo but how exactly do you think they hid ps4 reviews?

By not giving review codes for the console versions until after release and pretending the video and screenshots were from console but actually from PC.

Probably talk is not what they do best, even i'd say they talked too much. better than listen their talk, we need to see and play. Let's hope we will see something good in the following months

By not giving review codes for the console versions until after release and pretending the video and screenshots were from console but actually from PC.

Youtube reviewers have to take their chunk of responsibility here too. My three trusted reviewers all took one look at the nda and review contract and told CDPR where they could shove it precisely because it asked them to engage in a deception. Unfortunately only one of them came out and stated that they would not review because of that BS while the other two just remained silent on the matter -- you're fired by the way.

As to pleading the 5th: that's never a good look.

How can it pe Steady 60+ but dip low. LOL. Either its steady or not.
It's steady if it stays at 60+ for 99.5% of my playtime? For my 158h in-game 45 minutes with noticably low frames seems about right. It's not either or and it is steady.

It's steady if it stays at 60+ for 99.5% of my playtime? For my 158h in-game 45 minutes with noticably low frames seems about right. It's not either or and it is steady.
I asked because this guy zwortz is getting at 1080 ultra with Gtx 1080 and better CPU(3700x) 35-44 fps.
Q: So how are u getting Steady 60+ fps on a weaker CPU? Huh?

3700x is a better CPU then 7820x.

Hoping they are trying to pull a No Mans Sky and come out blasting with these updates. I think they went radio silent for a while and came out with some great content.

I asked because this guy zwortz is getting at 1080 ultra with Gtx 1080 and better CPU(3700x) 35-44 fps.
Q: So how are u getting Steady 60+ fps on a weaker CPU? Huh?
1. I don't know what kind of 1080 this guy has, how it's configured, or wether or not he overclocked his CPU
2. I only see him using the quality presets, there are several specific settings that affect your FPS
3. My FPS only looks similar when I use the default Ultra preset, which I don't (I even raise one quality setting to Psycho)
4. I'm almost certain this guy hasn't done anything with his game's .ini
3700x is a better CPU then 7820x.
Eh, they're very similar tbh. 3700X has the edge though, that's true.

Top Bottom