So they really not gonna talk to us?

+
Thing is the supposed 13 Million sales (after refunds given)
They made this number public, 1-3 days after MS, Bestbuy, Gamestop said that they will refund the game. Never ever they had the correct refund-numbers at this date. Even on GOG the refunds are not completed.
I refunded my XSX-Version today. -1 :)

What was explicitly said in that post that was so wrong that CDPR just could not ignore it?

95% of the post was about how features were cut or rushed. Which we can all see. We aren't stupid. The rest was some company leavings which mentioned no names or positions.

If every company was out there releasing press releases everytime some kid talked about how his dad totally works at Nintendo then Twitter and Game media would be flooded by it.

It is clear that CDPR found the information being circulated problematic.

Was it the company leavings? If yes... why would they care? No one will ever know unless they publically announce it. So why bother debuking it even if false or true.

Or maybe more likely its about the game features being added back rumors. Creating false hope and hype for repairs that will never come? So they had to get ahead of it before a repeat of what lead to the fiasco of this game's release.

It is astoundingly clear they have no intention of fixing this game past the performance issues and bugs.
Ecaclty, there was literally no reason for cdpr to make it a point to debunk that thread.

And why bother debunking it, a road map would've served the exact same function and it would've killed the need for random rumour mill threads.

I didn't refund cyberpunk, I got my 200 hours out of it. But I don't see me buying another cdpr game at launch due to their current behavior.

I think it's pretty clear we will not be getting a statement for atleast another week maybe two.

And like someone else pointed out they are facing a lawsuit so they might be a little careful on what they say publically right now.

Probably wrote the apology before the release. Well before!

Maybe - but I think anyone who has ever worked for a large company knows just how big those disconnects between the people on the ground and the people in the clouds are.

I've worked so many places where we scream blue bloody murder about how things are not working up to the suits on high - only to be ignored by management who then blindside us with something else and we all laugh merrily as they put out a statement saying "There was no way we could have known, we did the best..." blah blah blah.

Then we all get a nice email saying no-one is to say anything to anyone about what is happening, with a few lines about culture and team and family thrown in to try to guilt / passively threaten the herd.

The problem is almost always with middle and upper management trying to oversell themselves to look good to chase the $ elsewhere. They rarely care about the corpses they leave in their wake, and rarely admit they were the problem, or even are aware they are.

I'd lean to the whole thing being a fault of management structure and then genuinely just weren't' listening.

Maybe - but I think anyone who has ever worked for a large company knows just how big those disconnects between the people on the ground and the people in the clouds are.

I've worked so many places where we scream blue bloody murder about how things are not working up to the suits on high - only to be ignored by management who then blindside us with something else and we all laugh merrily as they put out a statement saying "There was no way we could have known, we did the best..." blah blah blah.

Then we all get a nice email saying no-one is to say anything to anyone about what is happening, with a few lines about culture and team and family thrown in to try to guilt / passively threaten the herd.

The problem is almost always with middle and upper management trying to oversell themselves to look good to chase the $ elsewhere. They rarely care about the corpses they leave in their wake, and rarely admit they were the problem, or even are aware they are.

I'd lean to the whole thing being a fault of management structure and then genuinely just weren't' listening.
Yup! Glad they're going to court. May not be the end of the world for them but it's about time folks like this were held accountable instead of condoning the lying.

The investor call says exactly that. CDPR management (surprisingly) took full responsibility, and for that exact reason.

But one need only look at what they took responsibility "for", to understand what's coming down the line. Major last gen console optimization and bug fixes. And that's likely it. Nothing in the investor call assumes that CDPR management feels that there's anything else wrong with the game. When they feel that last gen console performance is "good enough" (regardless of visual appearance), that's it.

And Michał Nowakowski says as much on the call. Honestly, I find that acceptable. To an extent. It's acceptable to the extent that at some point AFTER they initially started development, the focus moved more to the upcoming next-gen consoles. What I find unacceptable, is any unwillingness to refund ANY last gen console user for ANY reason, regardless of vendor source. And I say that because they admit as much in that they FAILED to SHOW last gen console users how the game actually plays and performs on their specific console hardware before they purchased it. And that's on CDPR.

Once the focus shift to next gen hardware occurred, they should have immediately announced that decision to ALL vendors, who could then determine whether they wanted to continue supporting the game for last gen hardware. At that point it would be on the vendors. Not CDPR.

Nothing in the call indicates that CDPR thinks there is anything wrong with the game other than some "bugs, glitches, and optimization issues". There's no mention of the A.I., loot system, perk system, etc.....

So yeah. I'm not holding my breath for very much content-wise.

But one need only look at what they took responsibility "for", to understand what's coming down the line. Major last gen console optimization and bug fixes. And that's likely it. Nothing in the investor call assumes that CDPR management feels that there's anything else wrong with the game. When they feel that last gen console performance is "good enough" (regardless of visual appearance), that's it.

Well plenty of people are playing it for 100 hours. Underwhelming AI and loot is hardly on the same level as crashing and headless V.

I personally want some type of communication. All their official feeds are radio silence. When is next patch planned for? Is 1.07 going to be one of the "big" patches?
Must be too busy counting money :smart:

edit: I am strictly talking about performance updates, not new content.

What good can talking do at this point?

Talking does nothing, there's been only talks since the game launched, I personally don't care of anything CDPR has to say related to CP2077, nothing they say will change any views I have on them.

I just wish they finish what they started, although I begin to doubt anything I had hoped will come out of this game.

What do you expect them to say? We are all adults, we made our choice when we bought their game, and they made theirs by not putting enough effort on the game and losing our trust in the process, it's a lose-lose situation and that's all there is to it.

Exactly. And it's why I didn't jump on the refund bandwagon. Taking back my money doesn't further any effort to incentivize them fixing what many of us would like to see fixed.

So?

I've played over 250 hours. It's totally irrelevant to how I (and MANY others these days as more finish the game) feel about many of this game's systems. You fine with it? Cool. You do you.

What I'm saying is repairing the game is primary. However, remaking the game is another story.

I just want to know what's going through the company's head so we know what direction they want to go with this game. I don't want dates for updates. I Just want to hear what's going on...

I just want to know what's going through the company's head so we know what direction they want to go with this game. I don't want dates for updates. I Just want to hear what's going on...

I would very much like to know what dates for updates will be so I know when the game will no longer be broken.

I would very much like to know what dates for updates will be so I know when the game will no longer be broken.
Why? So they can just delay that date further and further like they did with release? I just want to know what they want to do with the game and they can take their time to do exactly that so that way we don't get this dumpster fire of a release filled with bugs again.

Probably trying to fix what they fucked up in 1.06. Its funny my Ps4 Pro was crashing like crazy about ever 2hrs prior to 1.05. Then after 1.05 it stopped crashing but started freezing, the freezing wasn't bad I could exit out to the main title screen and reload a save. Now after 1.06 its back to crashing and freezing lol.

No offense but this game should just be taken off last gen, it's creating more problems than it's worth and those systems don't have the specs required to actually enjoy it as intended.

Yes communication should be! It's the foundation of decency! But the CDPR should also comment on the missing content. And share what more info happens next!!!

Top Bottom