So they really not gonna talk to us?

+

You can see the worry on her face , be calm with your community of players and customers who have bought the game like me, we need you strong to face the next months and give the life that NIGH CITY needs.

The poster I replied to mentioned his video card, thus implying performance. I've seen a lot of posts around where people with 10 year old cards try to run ultra graphics then wonder why their performance is bad.

The graphics card has nothing to do with bugs and I know this. But I've also only ran into a single game breaking bug in my 120+ hours of gameplay which was fixed by loading my previous save.

I've also seen the extremely minor glitches with cellphones you mentioned. But they are hardly worth mentioning. I've not seen any of the other things you've mentioned though.

Well there is definitely a big disparity in performance. Even between people with similar hardware or, even, exactly the same hardware.

My experience has been pretty much flawless compared to what people are experiencing. No game-breaking bugs. A single crash in 100+ hours of gameplay and with graphics on ultra running on a 1080TI. Getting a steady 60+FPS except for very specific areas where it dips in the low 50s/high 40s for a second or two.

Yet, others can't seem to hit medium graphics on a 1080TI. In fact, one of my friend had a set up that's technically a tad better than mine and he fell in that category of people with trouble running the game correctly.

Well there is definitely a big disparity in performance. Even between people with similar hardware or, even, exactly the same hardware.

My experience has been pretty much flawless compared to what people are experiencing. No game-breaking bugs. A single crash in 100+ hours of gameplay and with graphics on ultra running on a 1080TI. Getting a steady 60+FPS except for very specific areas where it dips in the low 50s/high 40s for a second or two.

Yet, others can't seem to hit medium graphics on a 1080TI. In fact, one of my friend had a set up that's technically a tad better than mine and he fell in that category of people with trouble running the game correctly.
Yeah, there's so much to consider when determining performance.
How much RAM, what's the Ram's speed, CPU cores, Front Speed Bus, PCI lanes, Speed of the lanes, type of hard drive, speed of hard drive...
High end graphics card and fast CPU aren't going to do much if the motherboard ain't shit or RAM is slow or any other number of things. I make it a habit to never use game's preset graphics settings and set each one myself. Even now, there's some setting I probably left on medium because they aren't important in my mind (like some of the distant shadows or whatever)

Yeah, there's so much to consider when determining performance.
How much RAM, what's the Ram's speed, CPU cores, Front Speed Bus, PCI lanes, Speed of the lanes, type of hard drive, speed of hard drive...
High end graphics card and fast CPU aren't going to do much if the motherboard ain't shit or RAM is slow or any other number of things. I make it a habit to never use game's preset graphics settings and set each one myself. Even now, there's some setting I probably left on medium because they aren't important in my mind (like some of the distant shadows or whatever)

It goes further than sheer numbers here though.

As I said in my previous post, a friend of mine was running a system that's slightly better than mine. Yet his performance was worse than mine.

It's as if the game makes full use of very specific hardware and not of others, even if said hardware is technically better.

Since then that crazy bastard accepted to pay scalper prices for a 3080 and upgraded his whole PC. He's getting much better performance than I am now but it was a very weird issue.

It goes further than sheer numbers here though.

As I said in my previous post, a friend of mine was running a system that's slightly better than mine. Yet his performance was worse than mine.

It's as if the game makes full use of very specific hardware and not of others, even if said hardware is technically better.

Since then that crazy bastard accepted to pay scalper prices for a 3080 and upgraded his whole PC. He's getting much better performance than I am now but it was a very weird issue.
Has me pretty curious as to what all your parts were vs what all his parts were vs what all my parts were to see if there's some kind of common link there somewhere vs performance. Of course it could also be as silly as an antivirus app trying to scan every file CP 2077 opens or reads

Why do you disagree?
I played on PC on a 1080.

It was not a fun experience.
They said "we will be posting patches until February" - they cant keep telling us things if they dont know themselves, already broke enough promises
Post automatically merged:

I have seen floating cellphones, exploding cars falling from the sky, doors that wont open, save points that don't load, tooltips that don't get off the screen, dialogues that jam, quests that cant be completely because markers don't load, Jackie spawning into a pipe, cars disappearing, npcs disappearing....etc.

How is it ok on pc?

And that was just me, before I even knew how buggy the game was.

here are some threads to support the reason I disagreed.

my comment in after a month thread

This is a thread of people sharing various hardware configurations and not having issues

my personal a post in that thread.

Another thread of various people playing on pc with various hardware configurations and not having issues

It's fine on my PC | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED

My technical opinion on the software is broken vs software is ( generally ) fine its end user system compatibility issues debate.

Top Bottom