So, we got Horse Races. What other activities do you think can we expect?

+
So, we got Horse Races. What other activities do you think can we expect?

I really like the idea of an medieval tournament. Different challenges and so on.
Also more and more in-depth mini-games.

The other thing I wanted since I played TW2 is the Arena Mode in the actual game. So you can just go to the Arena and take part in a tournament and earn special items or orens.

I hope there is a lot of this stuff.

I have some ideas about the horse racing mechanics:

-Different horses have different stats.

-You have to slow down to make tight turns.

-Drafting could be possible with horses like it is in car racing. For those who don't know, drafting, in car racing, is when you get directly behind another car, you can go faster. There's a sort of aerodynamic symbiosis at work. It begins when the trailing car gets within inches of the front car's rear bumper. The front car creates a low-pressure area -- a draft -- that essentially acts like a vacuum and pulls the back car forward. I copy/pasted that drafting explanation btw.

-Some form of stamina management, so for example, if you push your horse too hard, too quickly, you may blow out its stamina and tire your horse out. Red Dead Redemption had a stamina management system in their horse racing.

-Different maximum speeds for different terrain. For example, you're going to go faster on the dirt trail compared to galloping in the grass or shrubbery on the side. Snow or ice could have different effects on how your horse performs.

-You can bump into other riders to throw them off track. Imagine bumping into another guy, which causes him to veer off and crash into a tree.

As for other mini-games or side activities, I'm still thinking. What are the confirmed ones we have so far? Didn't they take out arm wrestling? Or was it dice poker that cdpr decided to not make a return? I can't remember. I know fight clubs are back. What else?

I, for sure, want to see fishing. And I would like for there to be in-depth mechanics behind it, taken from real life techniques that people use when fishing. I wouldn't want it to just be, click a button and voila you have caught a fish. There should be some skill or technique or knowledge involved in the process.

Let me think some more, and I will have some ideas that I think are cool.

Forum veteran
Fishing seems like a good possibility, since that trailer did contain some fish.
Otherwise I am kind of stumped on what might fit in.

Jupiter_on_Mars

All I'm missing is mountain climbing. Is that a grappling hook I see on Geralt's waist?
If some sort of mountaineering is in - which it should - then I'll be satisfied.

All I'm missing is mountain climbing. Is that a grappling hook I see on Geralt's waist?
If some sort of mountaineering is in - which it should - then I'll be satisfied.

I don't know about a grappling hook, but I do recall an article from a few months ago that mentioned that Geralt will have climbing abilities similar to what was in the Uncharted series.

If you mean this

View attachment 3670

Actually this is for his monster trophies. Like it was in the first Witcher. in the second the trophies were in his back but they changed it again I think.

Attachments

• 944x531_bearbeitet.jpg
    944x531_bearbeitet.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Jupiter_on_Mars

If you mean this

View attachment 3670

Actually this is for his monster trophies. Like it was in the first Witcher. in the second the trophies were in his back but they changed it again I think.

Yeah, my bad. I'm still hoping for mountain climbing.
CDProjekt, make it happen and I'll quit messing with Mamais. You have my word.

Top Bottom