So, what does Night City sound like?

+

Meet some of the artists behind Cyberpunk 2077 soundtrack: Run the Jewels, Refused, Grimes, A$AP Rocky, Gazelle Twin, Ilan Rubin, Richard Devine, Nina Kraviz, Deadly Hunta, Rat Boy, and Tina Guo!

And if you missed The Game Awards this year, watch Grimes – who will be also voicing Lizzy Wizzy in the game! – perform her song 4ÆM live on TGA stage, accompanied by a music video inspired by the world of Cyberpunk 2077:

wow grimes being lizzy wizzy is a great surprise. that was exactly who i was wishing for when all the lady gaga rumors came up. i always thought grimes would be the perfect fit for her. does that mean the music she sings in the game are going to be credited as lizzy wizzy and not as grimes?

Personally, apart from Ilan Rubin (from NIN :love:), I’m not deeply familiar with most of these artists. That being said, I’m very, very intrigued in a positive way by where the music direction is heading to. It’s kind of bold, isn’t it? :cool:

Run the Jewels, Refused, Grimes, A$AP Rocky, Gazelle Twin, Ilan Rubin, Richard Devine, Nina Kraviz, Deadly Hunta, Rat Boy, and Tina Guo!

Noooot really my taste of music...

I kinda expected industrial rock & metal, dark ambient-esque instrumental techno, synthwave...

Fear Factory, Nine inch nails, Igorrr, Aphex Twin, Perturbator... not necessarily those bands ”exactly”, but that kind of stuff.

Last edited:

I kinda expected industrial rock & metal, dark ambient-esque instrumental techno, synthwave...

Fear Factory, Nine inch nails, Igorrr, Aphex Twin, Perturbator... not necessarily those bands ”exactly”, but that kind of stuff.

What makes you think that stuff won't be in the game too?

I seem to recall Perturbator even saying he was working on 2077 in the past. Also, we've heard synth stuff from CDPR's in-house music producers as well.

For the record, I'm 100% in agreement with you. The only artist on that list (not yours, but the one you quoted) I like is Grimes, and it's because she's proven capable of making really varied, really interesting and creative music to fit just about any theme. She's even made synth stuff in the past, I believe.

We're getting a lot of that stuff. The musicians in their interviews said as much. My take away is CDPR is depicting a world with many of the genres we have today instead of one major musical theme. It's likely they only showed a few of the bands they're working with.

CDPR is depicting a world with many of the genres we have today instead of one major musical theme.

And creating diverse genres of their envisioned future in 2077. Very exciting stuff.

For one I'm happy that I discovered those artists because of CDPR, listening to their music right now and I will definitely follow some of them!

And creating diverse genres of their envisioned future in 2077. Very exciting stuff.

For one I'm happy that I discovered those artists because of CDPR, listening to their music right now and I will definitely follow some of them!
Just make sure you choose the right ones. I'm watching.

What makes you think that stuff won't be in the game too?

I of course don’t know anything, but I’ve no indication that would be there, and their list here kinda points towards another direction (rappers... yeah no).

We're getting a lot of that stuff. The musicians in their interviews said as much. My take away is CDPR is depicting a world with many of the genres we have today instead of one major musical theme. It's likely they only showed a few of the bands they're working with.

Are we? Well, fingers crossed.

Honestly, I am unimpressed by the in-world music released so far. In my opinion, the Samurai songs did not really sound like 2020 music that's so iconic that people still listen to it in 2077, and this latest Grimes song is not really her best (or even cyberpunk-like) work.

Despite this, however, I am optimistic about the soundtrack overall - there are some promising artists in the bunch that CDPR has listed, while the snippets of OST music that's not part of the in-world radio has been pretty great so far.

Grimes plays electronic music and R&B among others.

Nina Kravitz plays electro and techno music.

Ilan Rubin plays an alternative rock.

Gazelle Twin plays electronic and industrial music.

Ratboy plays indie rock and hip hop.

Richard Devine played for Nine Inch Nails.

Tina Guo plays all sorts of genres of music, including the electronic ones.

The things you are writing about will be present in the soundtrack, but of course it can't be all that people listen to in the world of the future, otherwise that would be just straight up silly.

I know everything about Run the Jewels. Almost every song of theirs is fuggin' awesome. E-LP has some good singles, too, his stuff really shines with Killer Mike imho.

Last edited:
Grimes plays electronic music and R&B among others.
'K, Who's Grimes?
Nina Kravitz plays electro and techno music.
She's no Tangerine Dream when it comes to creative power or any modern dark synthwave or industrial act when it comes to execution.
Ilan Rubin plays an alternative rock.
He's no Velvet Underground to be real alt rock.
Ratboy plays indie rock and hip hop.
Indie rock is not a genre, it's just a rock album released without the help of publishing label. Hip Hop it is not, he's not as good as say, Pet Shop Boys to enter this league
Richard Devine played for Nine Inch Nails.
NIN is all Trent Reznor, not guest staff.

Top Bottom