So, what will change when the game goes out of beta?

+
So, what will change when the game goes out of beta?

Hi, everyone.

There's something that's kinda been bugging me and that is, since no further progress wipes are planned, since the game is already out there for everyone to play, since we already have official tournaments, timed holiday events, such as Mahakam Ale Festival and Saovine (which were brilliantly fun, by the way), now a faction challenge and so on, it seems to me that Gwent is pretty much already in full swing.
So, the question is, what exactly will change when the game goes out of beta (which, the way I see it, will be the game's official release)?
I know that single player campaigns, like Thronebreaker (which I'm really excited about), will only come out after that, but, other than that, will we see a sudden major update to the whole thing, with new modes, features and whatnot? I mean, surely the game, even after it's out of beta, will still be regularly tweaked, rebalanced, get new cards, new factions and such, just as it is now...
So, what's the difference? Not trolling, I'm honestly wondering.

Thanks.

Not too sure what they would even be able to add. I think the beta at this point is more of a countdown. Once the game is out they'd shovel more into it. Something like a tavern brawl system maybe?
They might just start churning more updates into it with the discontinuation of the Witcher series, they'd have more time to focus on this?

OG.laloquaint;n9947191 said:
Well they'll probably stop changing major gameplay mechanics. Like the gold immunity and the upcoming row limit.

Good point. Didn't even think about that, but that's certainly to be expected.

Fjormarr;n9949501 said:
Full account wipe probabaly.

That is something CDPR wants to avoid (if possible) and they said that several times.

Last edited:
Yeah I also expect that we will have less major gameplay changes. Other than that it's probably going to be similar :)

They said they want Thronebreaker on release and Draft will probably be released by then. Other than that we'll just have to wait and see.

Not alot. The game isnt really even in beta now (sorry, but any game with a FULLY functional shop for this long isnt a beta anymore.)

They'll probably stop changing core mechanics every other patch, but thats probably the only real difference.

devivre;n9949531 said:
That is something CDPR wants to avoid (if possible) and they said that several times.

I hope they can't avoid it. People who have played beta already have a huge advantage.

Makhil;n9955051 said:
I hope they can't avoid it. People who have played beta already have a huge advantage.

The last wipe didn't really reduce that advantage. Besides, even if you start fresh, you can get a meta deck rather quickly without investing money.

Eh, but um, IF there was an account wipe, would they reimburse the money you'd spent at the shop? Did that happen last time? I wasn't aware there had been an account wipe before.

Legendarum;n9955231 said:
Eh, but um, IF there was an account wipe, would they reimburse the money you'd spent at the shop? Did that happen last time? I wasn't aware there had been an account wipe before.

There was a wipe when the game transitioned from Closed Beta to Open Beta. In case of a wipe, you will get new kegs and powder equal to the money you've spent, as well as the gifts you've received from CDPR (Premium Geralt) and a bonus for participating in the Beta.

How about something different than running into the same decks played the same way a thousand times. Tonight I played 10 games straight with different people, which had the exact same set up. Really takes the joy out of the game. It took one element of a really great game and honestly, I dont think it will last in the form its in now.

Definitely would like a mode where deck creative decks, restrictions, and unique scenerio. Like arcade from overwatch

Your_so_Dead;n9959871 said:
How about something different than running into the same decks played the same way a thousand times. Tonight I played 10 games straight with different people, which had the exact same set up. Really takes the joy out of the game. It took one element of a really great game and honestly, I dont think it will last in the form its in now.
i was thinking like you but yesterday i played against some 3900 mmr pkayers and the matches are so intense and more challenging even if you play against the same decks.

Top Bottom