So What Ya Expect from That PATCH 1.2 coming this month?

+

What Ya Expect

• Fixing The NPC's on the streets to be smarter

Votes: 61 15.0%
  • Remove Glitches - Exploits

Votes: 61 15.0%
  • Fixing all the Bugs

Votes: 155 38.2%
  • Bring cut content back

Votes: 90 22.2%
  • Let The Modders Fix Things With Mods

Votes: 39 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its principally going to be bug fixes and more optimisation. They're not going to fix everything, but I'd expect to see a significant amount of common issues rectified. They talked about AI behaviour being a bug, so I'd expect that to definitely be addressed.

I would expect QoL updates to the existing UI etc to follow on a regular basis after that as well as more fixes.

I think 'Cut Content' is largely overblown, but I'd expect to see some additional content added to Night City with the Free DLC later in the year.

Last edited:
After my first playthrough, i was still a bit of a fan. However the 2nd playthrough revealed that everything promised was just a sham. Personally, no patch will save this game to what was promised. It would need a fundamental re-work, IMO.

I would expect QoL updates to the existing UI
I really hope they at least fix the map.

Cyberpsychosis should be marked with its own icon, not as a mission. Especially since the Cyberpsychosis icon is already in the game - you can see it if you open map legend.
It is also confusing why the cars on the map are marked as missions.

Everyone's so negative. Jesus, it was the executives who pushed this out too early. Stop blaming the devs or doubting their commitment to fix this. Jesus, they've released 3 hotfixes and one patch since the game came out.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I don't expect anything of significance, at least for PC; it will be some bugs fixed, some optimizations, some new bugs introduced...etc.

I don't expect them to have time to focus on QoL stuff or fixing key in-game systems like AI, that will probably come with the next gen update towards the end of the year. As for missing stuff, yeah that is definitely not happening.

Oh and no one was breathing hell fire up their ass, they just did it because they wanted to
You're gonna have to divorce your feelings. CDPR devs and CDPR corpo are not the same.

Thanks for this, made my day :D :D.

Everyone's so negative. Jesus, it was the executives who pushed this out too early. Stop blaming the devs or doubting their commitment to fix this. Jesus, they've released 3 hotfixes and one patch since the game came out.

[...]

It's not as simple as doubting their desire to fix it; It's doubting their ability and/or resources. How was the game on release nearly two months ago? Not good. How is it going so far, especially for PC - which accounts for 8 million of the currently tallied 13 million sold copies? Not good. According to Marcin, PC is okie dokie and their attention is on making it work on consoles... just like they said for the year(s) preceding launch. Makes sense, I suppose the data is there that they could end up making those 16 millions sales if they fix it, then it will be done. Do you think they'll really have much concern to fully realize the game so many people thought this would be? A game maybe 15k people will still be playing when such a time comes? Doubt it. No reason to throw money down a pit when people will forget the game even existed in a year... beyond fond memories of your avatar streaking while riding a motorcycle as cars drop from the sky.

The game came out. It did it's thing. Some people loved it, some people hated it, and many just wish it would work for a moment. CDPR has collected the feedback on the critical systems they need to tweak Cyberpunk Online before launch - loot systems, drops, combat, etc. I suppose a roadmap is better than nothing, but had they not screwed up so badly in the first place, they wouldn't be in the position they're in. So they're non too deserving of sympathy or praise, even less so when you consider their 'fixes' have actively made the experience worse on PC. As for DLC - It's not likely they would recoup the cost for producing substantial addons or even improvements that go beyond what's necessary, and they know this. Typical engagement with that kind of content is about 25% of purchases... for a game that works. How many people will even care come a year down the line, with other games to play, when their last memory of this game was a series of crashes, a litany of bugs, or just becoming tired of it altogether?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm playing on the base PS4 and after patch 1.1, I've noticed a definite improvement in the frame rates. The game runs more smoothly right now which is great. I don't find the need to tip toe in dense areas anymore, so yea. :LOL:
Apart from that, I find that when I'm playing for long periods of time, my game doesn't crash anymore like it use to. So that's a bit of a plus for me.
With regards to the bugs/glitches & so forth; I've been fortunate enough not to have experienced them with such regularity like how, unfortunately, so many of others have. But knowing that this is going to be CDPR's biggest priority in patch 1.2, I'm expecting quite a bit of these to be sorted out. Yes, I do feel that by trying to fix the current bugs, some others may pop up but at least the total bugs in the game will be reduced, so that'll be good. If there are any major game breaking ones, I think CDPR will act quickly to resolve them like they did with the Takemura call one in hotfix 1.11.
So, in addition to the above, I'm expecting patch 1.2 to improve the resolution for us base console players a bit. To be honest, I'm accepting the way the game looks right now. I don't find it to be that big a deal. But you know what...after looking at the gorgeous PC version, I can't help but to expect a bit more from our base console versions after patch 1.2. I don't know whether this will be possible (base consoles can only do so much, you know) but if it happens, I will be a very happy gamer. This game was meant to pop with all its vibrant colors so I'm expecting it to look, not as good as the PC version obviously, but at least a bit better than what I'm seeing right now on my slim baby. :)

Moxy3

Forum regular
To all those looking at the glass half full, I point to Witcher Wild Hunt.
Since release that game received

Various fixes to the quest and bugs fixes, too many to list really
Updated water physics and shaders
Optimization
Alternate controls for Geralt
3 new quest each taking around 45min to an hour to complete
New gear, weapons, alternate costumes for major characters
New visual appearances for Geralt

Oh and no one was breathing hell fire up their ass, they just did it because they wanted to
You're gonna have to divorce your feelings. CDPR devs and CDPR corpo are not the same.

The devs will work tirelessly to improve and fix all major problems with this game.
The patch released had a hot fix like two days after. Why don't you check and see how
quick hot fixes come out for an Ubisoft game and get back to me.
No, devs will do whatever corpo wants from them and nothing else.
Also Witcher 3 was definitely not in the state this game is. This game is lifeless and everything you should have gotten in the main game, you will have to pay extra again.

DC9V

Forum veteran
I expect
  • XBOX ONE and PS4
    • improved performance on Xbox One in the sub-30-fps-range
    • improved response time of NPCs especially in combat / less laggy mechanics
  • PC
    • Increased LOD of lighting and shadows
    • better image quality when DLSS is enabled.

I hope they'll go over the perks that are bugged and fix them, resolve buggy quests and hopefully introduce some more optimization. I'd really like to see the gorilla arms negating the need for body checks on doors.
Since bugs and engine optimization are handled by one team, the content team is likely free to keep producing stuff. We might be lucky and get some content additions in 1.2, but it's more of a maybe than a certainty.

Based on the 1.1 experience, I expect I shall have to endure my modded game not working again for a day or two while we await an updated version of CET and then have to re-install all my mods again... ho hum...

They better fix that bug where you die from falling 2 feet

Hah I died like this yesterday HAHA ! I was like "Oh Cyberpunk, you never change"
Post automatically merged:

Well whatever you expect, don't

That way you will be pleasently surprise by things you do get with the update xD

I'd like some cut content restored, like the original fem V appearance (without mods).

or Car tuning, multiple apartments.

Just a little bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom