So What Ya Expect from That PATCH 1.2 coming this month?

+

What Ya Expect

• Fixing The NPC's on the streets to be smarter

Votes: 61 15.0%
  • Remove Glitches - Exploits

Votes: 61 15.0%
  • Fixing all the Bugs

Votes: 155 38.2%
  • Bring cut content back

Votes: 90 22.2%
  • Let The Modders Fix Things With Mods

Votes: 39 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CEAN0

Forum regular
I don't expect much more then bug fixes and maybe some game optimization, i'm so glad that i only payed 20 euros for the game ;)

If they don't make traffic, npc's and cops better i will for sure NOT buy the DLC that they talking about.

No, devs will do whatever corpo wants from them and nothing else.
Also Witcher 3 was definitely not in the state this game is. This game is lifeless and everything you should have gotten in the main game, you will have to pay extra again.
Cd project wont get any of my money unless witcher 4 its like 3 times better then witcher 3.

1. improvement of graphics: textures and drawing distance.
2. Improving AI.
3. Return everything that was cut out.
4. Fix all bugs and glitches.
5. Improvement and deepening of existing mechanics and addition of new ones.

Vote for "Fixing all the Bugs" but, really the option would be more realistic if it was called "Fixing all Critical/High Bugs".

I honestly think you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment by setting unrealistic expectations.

Missing a couple of responses on that Poll:

1. Additional stability fixes to the consoles.

2. Additional bug fixes, but not comprehensive.

The Roadmap Post from CDPR clearly stated January and February Patches were primarily for Point 1.

As possible and necessary (re Takemura Call), they'll issue game-breaking hotfixes, but if there are more bug fixes in February, they will be limited to the really egregious ones.
Yeah, I thought they made this pretty damn clear, so the only thing this poll is really good for is finding out how many people around here didn't pay attention to what was said when the road map was revealed.

You know what's gonna happen... You know.

Attachments

• 1.2.jpg
    1.2.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 107
What i wish for:
*cut content & AI improvements

But in reality i think it'll be:
*(game breaking) bug fixes (World, UI)

We can't give multiple votes? (like NCPD and some glitches)
Also, why being so specific with the NCPD, the AI needs to be improved as a whole, not only the NCPD.

I personally voted better Police response but I meant that plus some bug fixes, plus better AI in general.
I'm not asking for a complete change in all departement but if there's no improvement, it could mark the end of the adventure for me. The game is cute for one run but I don't see myself do another one (let alone think about DLCs) if there's no significant improvement this time.

That's the problem when you start thinking about long time play on a game, the more you play it, the more the downsides transpire. It's a natural phenomenon due to getting more use to what seemed incredible the first time you got to it.
It's normal but when a game is flawed to some extend in litterally every single aspects it makes replaying it a lot less exciting and that brings us to the core problem which is to think about what Cyberpunk could have been if the developpement happened in more healthy circomstances.

But let's not count our chickens before they hatch. Maybe the Patch will be awesome and fix a good enough amount of issues the game currently has. We'll see...

On the side note: At the time I write this, there's 64 peoples who expect all the bugs to be fixed (that's currently the leading tendency) which makes me think there's gonna be a lot of disappointement when the Patch comes out considering there's no way on earth all the bugs are fixed.

I'm not blaming them, btw, I can understand that feeling but honestly, I don't even think it's humanly possible in such a short period of time, unfortunately.

It's not as simple as doubting their desire to fix it; It's doubting their ability and/or resources. How was the game on release nearly two months ago? Not good. How is it going so far, especially for PC - which accounts for 8 million of the currently tallied 13 million sold copies? Not good. According to Marcin, PC is okie dokie and their attention is on making it work on consoles... just like they said for the year(s) preceding launch. Makes sense, I suppose the data is there that they could end up making those 16 millions sales if they fix it, then it will be done. Do you think they'll really have much concern to fully realize the game so many people thought this would be? A game maybe 15k people will still be playing when such a time comes? Doubt it. No reason to throw money down a pit when people will forget the game even existed in a year... beyond fond memories of your avatar streaking while riding a motorcycle as cars drop from the sky.

The game came out. It did it's thing. Some people loved it, some people hated it, and many just wish it would work for a moment. CDPR has collected the feedback on the critical systems they need to tweak Cyberpunk Online before launch - loot systems, drops, combat, etc. I suppose a roadmap is better than nothing, but had they not screwed up so badly in the first place, they wouldn't be in the position they're in. So they're non too deserving of sympathy or praise, even less so when you consider their 'fixes' have actively made the experience worse on PC. As for DLC - It's not likely they would recoup the cost for producing substantial addons or even improvements that go beyond what's necessary, and they know this. Typical engagement with that kind of content is about 25% of purchases... for a game that works. How many people will even care come a year down the line, with other games to play, when their last memory of this game was a series of crashes, a litany of bugs, or just becoming tired of it altogether?

This is a games company that has been praised and loved over the last 8 years with the critically acclaimed witcher 3, recently adding more fans with the netflix show. It heavilly influenced the massive sales on CP77. I think not only the devs responsible for that quality but even managment have reasons to want to make the best comeback for this game

I expect nothing at all.

Maybe some bugs will be fixed but problems are so huge I bet we'll have a fixed game (no bugs, ni glitches, needed features and stuff) by 2023 :)

This is a games company that has been praised and loved over the last 8 years with the critically acclaimed witcher 3, recently adding more fans with the netflix show. It heavilly influenced the massive sales on CP77. I think not only the devs responsible for that quality but even managment have reasons to want to make the best comeback for this game

The most likely 'come back' would be CDPR coming back to The Witcher in hopes that they can milk the series further, and everyone will forget Cyberpunk 2077 even happened at all. It's probably why the game only ends one way. There is no future for it because they don't want one.

Well, I'm playing on the base PS4 and after patch 1.1, I've noticed a definite improvement in the frame rates. The game runs more smoothly right now which is great. I don't find the need to tip toe in dense areas anymore, so yea. :LOL:
Apart from that, I find that when I'm playing for long periods of time, my game doesn't crash anymore like it use to. So that's a bit of a plus for me.
With regards to the bugs/glitches & so forth; I've been fortunate enough not to have experienced them with such regularity like how, unfortunately, so many of others have. But knowing that this is going to be CDPR's biggest priority in patch 1.2, I'm expecting quite a bit of these to be sorted out. Yes, I do feel that by trying to fix the current bugs, some others may pop up but at least the total bugs in the game will be reduced, so that'll be good. If there are any major game breaking ones, I think CDPR will act quickly to resolve them like they did with the Takemura call one in hotfix 1.11.
So, in addition to the above, I'm expecting patch 1.2 to improve the resolution for us base console players a bit. To be honest, I'm accepting the way the game looks right now. I don't find it to be that big a deal. But you know what...after looking at the gorgeous PC version, I can't help but to expect a bit more from our base console versions after patch 1.2. I don't know whether this will be possible (base consoles can only do so much, you know) but if it happens, I will be a very happy gamer. This game was meant to pop with all its vibrant colors so I'm expecting it to look, not as good as the PC version obviously, but at least a bit better than what I'm seeing right now on my slim baby. :)

Rock on. On ps4 pro and feel the same.
I also hope, and this is my ammateur interpretation of what happened in patch 1.1, they successfully separated code by platform - really people, I don't know anything about programming, so maybe instead of "code" I mean other technical term entirely - and they are now able to optimize performance on ps4 without affecting the PC version or even the pro's, xbox,...
If this is the case I hope they did the most possible on optimizing the different versions, specially older ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom