So What Ya Expect from That PATCH 1.2 coming this month?

+

What Ya Expect

• Fixing The NPC's on the streets to be smarter

Votes: 61 15.0%
  • Remove Glitches - Exploits

Votes: 61 15.0%
  • Fixing all the Bugs

Votes: 155 38.2%
  • Bring cut content back

Votes: 90 22.2%
  • Let The Modders Fix Things With Mods

Votes: 39 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect that the developers will not rush under the pressure of the bosses and players and will do something good.We all know that the pressure and shouting to do this or that faster never led to good, but only destroyed what should become beautiful.So I hope that the players and the bosses will give CDPR time to think about how to make the game better by listening to the players, but not in a hurry.It takes time.Patience, please

I expect that the developers will not rush under the pressure of the bosses and players and will do something good.We all know that the pressure and shouting to do this or that faster never led to good, but only destroyed what should become beautiful.So I hope that the players and the bosses will give CDPR time to think about how to make the game better by listening to the players, but not in a hurry.It takes time.Patience, please
Our money were good from the start tho. They don't get better with time.

I really don't understand the frame of mind of some of you. It's like buying a tv that had advertised it had 400 channels in full hd. Once you get it, it only has 200 at best and most of them are really unwatchable because they're fuzzy or the overall image quality is like 480p. What would you do in that situation? And this is just an example. It could be applied to anything you purchased really.

This is imo the real problem of this industry nowadays. People accepting the fact that most games would be virtually unplayable (atleast for most of the audience) at release. "Release now fix it later" is not a good sentiment to stand behind or encourage or support because again, my and yours money were good from the get go. It's not like we've paid in 5 installments or a small fee whenever patches get released. I really struggle to understand why some of you guys are ok with that.

I mean, it's not a subjective matter anymore. It has been proven by video evidence that this game is fundamentally broken. Even CDPR admitted it is (to a degree yes, but they still admitted it otherwise we wouldn't have gotten that apology video).
I don't understand what's so hard to admit. Yes, you might have had fun while playing, im not denying that or i wanna refute that. "De gustibus not disputandum est". But when i see people come here and say that there's no problem or they had no problem with their game therefore it's a perfect game, it's mindboggling to me.

Last edited:
Our money were good from the start tho. They don't get better with time.

I really don't understand the frame of mind of some of you. It's like buying a tv that had advertised it had 400 channels in full hd. Once you get it, it only has 200 at best and most of them are really unwatchable because they're fuzzy or the overall image quality is like 480p. What would you do in that situation? And this is just an example. It could be applied to anything you purchased really.

This is imo the real problem of this industry nowadays. People accepting the fact that most games would be virtually unplayable (atleast for most of the audience) at release. "Release now fix it later" is not a good sentiment to stand behind or encourage or support because again, my and yours money were good from the get go. It's not like we've paid in 5 installments or a small fee whenever patches get released. I really struggle to understand why some of you guys are ok with that.

I mean, it's not a subjective matter anymore. It has been proven by video evidence that this game is fundamentally broken. Even CDPR admitted it is (to a degree yes, but they still admitted it otherwise we wouldn't have get that apology video).
I don't understand what's so hard to admit. Yes, you might have had fun while playing, im not denying that or i wanna refute that. "De gustibus not disputandum est". But when i see people come here and say that there's no problem or they had no problem with their game therefore it's a perfect game, it's mindboggling to me.
I understand what you want to say and agree with many things, but I'm afraid if we rush the game will not get better, we have the right to ask and we ask, but it takes time.I'm not trying to say that the game is great, because it is not ,except for the plot and beautiful characters.But I believe that CDPR can make the game what we want it to be and they will do it.I understand your point of view,I was absolutely against the game being released so early, I did not support an early release in any way, but I am just a small creature on this planet and no one cares about my opinion, but now I just want to give them a chance because I believe in them, maybe I'll be disappointed, but then it will be a lesson for me.

I don't have much hope for this game, regardless how much I like the visuals and aesthetics.

I admit almost 2 months since the release and it's not progressing well .... it's getting a little long ... but hey after I play on PC ... I think they should forget the ps 4 1 and the xbox 1 ... it is clearly a waste of time, since anyway we will have to take a next gen ... for the moment useless, no games and no stock and too expensive lol. I have the game on both, the first ps4 and the PC, and I had foreseen the problem, instead of taking a next gen, I took an RTX for cyberpunk! I must have been a visionary, it seemed so logical to me that the game would be impossible to be correct on the first ps4 and xbox consoles. Now they are wasting time on it instead of giving us good content!

I remember when 6 months after battlefield 4 launch, they released a patch that needed 2 post to fill.

Let's hope the same because jenuary patch was very small.

Its pretty obvious that we are not getting any substantial content or features with this patch, why do people bother creating false hope for themselves?

As i stated, i expect 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 to lay the groundwork for a huge rightout humongous rework patch to happen.
That MIGHT be the only thing that can save the reputation of CD Projekt Red right now. However with the recent
news, who knows what might happen. Not that i rly assume something like that to happen in the first place.
But hey... hope dies last, aye?

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 4519094

Hopefully first person nudity, like they you know, advertised

already confirmed that won't happen, blame the puritan laws of some backward countries ;)
also the nudity PC mods are locked and loaded, ready to use.

Folks, a reminder about the rules of conduct on the forums:

All members are free to express their opinions, and all opinions are to be respected -- especially if you happen to strongly disagree with something. Everyone is free to argue their thoughts on a topic. We are not here to argue our our opinion of others' opinions. No one's opinions are superior to another person's.

Please, ensure that your posts are remaining polite and constructive. If you are not sure you can respond in such a manner, then do not post. Simply take a break and come back later, or move on to a topic that's more to your liking.

If the personal judgments and finger-pointing continue, the marshmallow will be deployed. Sticky everywhere. Muffled sound. Then peace.

I still do not know what I might expect that patch 1.2 brings, and to be honest I rather dont want to care much either.
All I know is that today its feb 13th and so it's still gonna be 2 weeks out before we'll see anything. I for one am gonna wait and see when it drops, what it does and see if that will enhance my CP77 experience.

an estimate would be as simple as: does it fix stuff, good. Does it break stuff while trying to fix stuff, see new hotfix coming. I just do not yet want to go EA on their asses as they still seem to try and fix what needs fixing. I believe it was mentioned it'll be around a year at minimum before we get the game they wanted it to be (why didn't we just wait that much longer?)
Then none of this would've hapened. Or at least it would've been a bare minimum of problems hopefully.

I guess what I mean to say is: if this was EA's title... I'd never have had this game in the first place, EA slipped up too many times and never did go back to fix it. CDPR hasnt in my book and ARE working to fix it. But we cant expect to to fix overnight what took 8+ years (with apparently several rewrites), that should've taken maybe 10 to 12 years.

Bug fixes and optimizations. Nothing else. And that will continue to be the priority until it's back on the PlayStation Store.

We may be pleasantly surprised. I have a feeling they are adding in some cut content. In particular, the NCART metro system becoming a functional, rideable train. I say this because as I explore the world I find so much evidence if was simply cut out, removed. They did this probably to meet the deadline issued by the executives. They know people are disappointed and want to make up for it. I think the train was close to being finished but not ready to meet the deadline. The past few months they may have finished it up and they want to impress the players who are disappointed. They might want to prove they are working to make it better with a bold statement like putting the train in it. I think we will see most if not all quest bugs fixed which seems a priority for them. I think we will see moderate improvement to A.I. behavior: Less cowering, more running. I think we will see a ramp up in difficulty on harder modes. I think buggy items will be fixed, like Dead Eye not working. I think we will see UI improvements like being able to craft multiple items at once, in stead of pressing it over and over. I think we will see some adjustments to the lighting, in particular the too strong eye adjustment effect which blinds you while driving. I think they will also add more places to go inside of, like vendors and stuff. Some areas just look down right dead, like inside some of the downtown buildings, like they were meant to have vendors but rushed it out. Maybe I am being optimistic. It has been 3 months though. There's a lot you can do in 3 months with a huge team of devs. Maybe I am being optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom