So What Ya Expect from That PATCH 1.2 coming this month?

+

What Ya Expect

• Fixing The NPC's on the streets to be smarter

Votes: 61 15.0%
  • Remove Glitches - Exploits

Votes: 61 15.0%
  • Fixing all the Bugs

Votes: 155 38.2%
  • Bring cut content back

Votes: 90 22.2%
  • Let The Modders Fix Things With Mods

Votes: 39 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't expect it, I demand it.

I think I am a bit dissapointed with what they patched so far. I guess it would be too much of a stretch to fix the ai and the overloot situation, seriously spoils the game.

Problem is most of us have finished our games now. Damage done either way. I am playing again having learned so much, but now the holes just ruin the experience either way.

And I love the game too. Shame.

The funny thing is that I'm almost immune to bugs (I love the Gothic games and boy, do those games make you used to bugs..) but I absolutely can not stand obviously cut content.

I want them to bring in police AI (that's the game breaker for me), physics that works with water, player reactions to different situations, openable doors, buyable apartments, modifiable cars, usable stores, visible player modifications.. there's just so much missing from the game right now.

I just can't play it yet. I wonder how long I will have to wait for a functional game? I wish CD Projekt Red would say something at least.

i think of somewhat like this:

-the patch is released
-the company announces that „the game is fixed in many occasions and on playstation“
-people download the patch
-1/3 players screaming their saves not work anymore or quests are in endless loop
-playstation users cant enter a car or enter a car but the streets are invisible
-the company announces somewhat hotfix „in the next days“
-after one week players ask where the hotfix is
-the company announces to work with all they can on the hotfix and in the meanwhile starting a new game would help
-playstation users create a new game and still cant enter a car
-the company releases an excuse to playstation users
-the „hotfix„ is released after 3 weeks
-people realise that they can play the game with their savegames again but realise no further changes
-the company promises the next release “within the next months“

Me is inside the Matrix trying to invent an time machine to prevent cdpr from getting in contact with the netflix folks. You where better without being in company with hollywood people...

i think of somewhat like this:

-the patch is released
-the company announces that „the game is fixed in many occasions and on playstation“
-people download the patch
-1/3 players screaming their saves not work anymore or quests are in endless loop
-playstation users cant enter a car or enter a car but the streets are invisible
-the company announces somewhat hotfix „in the next days“
-after one week players ask where the hotfix is
-the company announces to work with all they can on the hotfix and in the meanwhile starting a new game would help
-playstation users create a new game and still cant enter a car
-the company releases an excuse to playstation users
-the „hotfix„ is released after 3 weeks
-people realise that they can play the game with their savegames again but realise no further changes
-the company promises the next release “within the next months“

Me is inside the Matrix trying to invent an time machine to prevent cdpr from getting in contact with the netflix folks. You where better without being in company with hollywood people...
Whats with the anti Playstation attitude?

Whats with the anti Playstation attitude?

To be fair, I think PS was used as it's seen as the platform performing the worst in regards to CP2077, although performance on my Xbox One could give it a race to the bottom for sure. I think the point was the endless loop of the promise of fixes, then when each patch fails to fix things, the promise that "the next one" will.

Weird, I just had a dream last night that patch 1.2 came out and aside from a couple bug fixes, they had added a cut Takamura quest that takes place post end-game and removes the reload last save loop allowing the player to continue to roam after the ending with all the gear they pick up from the last missions.
There were also a couple other small bits added as well like an updated police system.

It's weird because those aren't high on my wishlist. LOL (Well, updated police system is somewhere in the middle)

Just chiming in here to ensure people are fully aware of what has actually been said. And here as well.

1.) Firstly, the February patch does not conclude the patching process. This means that the second, major patch will be just that: "the second, major patch."

Not: "the single patch that will rectify every, single issue that I, personally, think should be a priority."

Huge difference. Hopefully, people will see the most prominent issues resolved, which are clearly identified as performance issues on last-gen consoles and overall stability. (Although, I wouldn't be surprised if other things were addressed as well.)

2.) Secondly, there will be ongoing work following that patch in which other issues are addressed, new things likely added, or mechanics and gameplay tweaked and revised.

If games like this were "easy" or "obvious" to make, they wouldn't take 7+ years to produce. Do try to remember back to the issues with the TW3 and how long some of them took to sort out. If we want these giant, sprawling, branching, games with a whole range of different activities and robust, detailed visuals and amazing amounts of replayability...then there will be bugs. It is ultra-super-mega-hella-rare to find a game on this scale that does not have pretty significant issues that need to be sorted after they launch.

And just because one person sees an issue does not mean that it's universal -- especially on PC hardware. For myself, on Windows 7, I couldn't even launch the game after the Day 0 Patch. After upgrading to Windows 10, I had exactly 2 crashes on my whole first playthrough. Other people are seeing stability issues throughout. Others can't get better performance than my system even with top-of-the-line GPUs. I've encountered bugs no one else has seen. Many people are seeing bugs I'm not. It's that complex of a machine. Every massive game like this is.

3.) Lastly, many comments are blurring the line between things that are "broken" with things that "they don't care for". No studio is or ever will be liable to change design aspects of their creative work because a certain demographic thinks it should be more like Game A or Game B instead.

Please, by all means, share your thoughts and make your arguments! Discuss the pros and cons of various approaches. Explain how and why something improves or mars the experience. That's what the forums are primarily for -- a place for players to give feedback and explore ideas.

But do not assume that others should be seeing things your way or they are "wrong". Or that others are responsible for meeting your desires. There's a massive difference between "The game is not working as described," and, "I think the description should mean [this] and not [that]."

And, very important conclusion -- I am speaking MY thoughts on this matter. I am not speaking for CDPR's intentions for the future of Cyberpunk 2077. This is a note from me as a moderator of the forums to address some of the rather aggressive comments and tone I'm seeing here, and ensure that everyone remembers how discussions like this actually work and what they're for.

Last edited:
Lol, none of the above.. CDPR is so far behind the 8 Ball they will barely scratch the multitude of bugs..

If games like this were "easy" or "obvious" to make, they wouldn't take 7+ years to produce.

I appreciate what you have said and I see no sense in mindless bashing either, but the above comment is unlikely to go down well with paying customers who are not happy with the state of the game. Many excuses have been made in defense of CDPR and while what has happened here is not the end of the world, It is not good. They have taken a lot of money and not delivered the goods.

I 100% expect people to complain their 2013 consoles still won't run the game well, I expect the entitled to complain the bugs still break the immersion for them, I expect more comparisons to GTA5, I expect deletion, I expect nothing to ever be good enough for those who already complain, I expect to be thrown out of Fight Club for talking about Fight Club, I expect nothing to be added in the way of so called cut-content, I expect things to get worse before they get better.

I appreciate what you have said and I see no sense in mindless bashing either, but the above comment is unlikely to go down well with paying customers who are not happy with the state of the game. Many excuses have been made in defense of CDPR and while what has happened here is not the end of the world, It is not good. They have taken a lot of money and not delivered the goods.

I would have gotten behind this if refunds were not available as soon as people voiced their dissatisfaction.

Late edit, apparently even if the process of applying for refunds was available it wasn't finalized and as a result it seems some people were not getting their refunds as expected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom