So when can we expect actual fixes?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title says, how many months do we have to wait for actual fixes?

The best Sandevistan, Warp Dancer, still breaks the game if you try to use Mantis Blades or Katanas as it bugs the animation.

The jump legs from Fingers still randomly bug out, causing you to jump like double the intended height to the point that you actually take fall damage.

Some Perks still do nothing.

These are just 3 straight up gamebreaking issues yet you fix some random crap that most people have never even heard of. Great, the game no longer crashes if you do a 360 jump over a yellow bench at sunset while wearing a fedora, can you fix some actual issues? At some point?

If The Witcher series is any indication, we will get some proper fixes with the first big DLC for the game. Historically CDP would rebuild UI and implement a lot of quality of life but not entirely gamebreaking improvements.
We had a lot of improvements with Enhanced Editions as well so I'd say it will take them at least till Christmas.

Some Perks still do nothing.

This is not helpful. Which ones do nothing?

For example, when I'm reporting bugs, I am very specific and do it in the following format:

Bug type: perk
Perk name: Defensive Offense
Expected behaviour: confers a 3x damage multiplier to defensive attacks only.
Observed behaviour: confers a 3x damage multiplier to defensive attacks and strong attacks. This perk is overperforming.
Reproduction rate: 100%

Then I provide a save file standing in front of some scav goons with 2 spare perk points and 0/2 in Defensive Offense so the REDSupport guys can do a couple of strong attacks, note damage numbers, reload, add both perk points to Defensive Offense, do a couple more strong attacks and can see they now do 3x more damage than they should.

I have not reported this bug yet since I am focusing mainly on itemisation issues for the time being (in particular, corpse loot re-scaling to level 1 upon loading game state and static container weapons never being able to roll crit as well as generating with 1 less random attribute).

On the upside, every bug I have reported to date in the above format has been fixed so yeah, they do fix stuff if you tell them whats broken.

Last edited:
There are compiled lists on reddit for anyone that cares.

The QA knows what's broken, make no mistake, because these things have been broken from day 1

If you are talking about the promised but missing feature list on reddit, that concerns feature requests, not bugs.

The idea of bug hunting on reddit is ludicrous since the platform simply isn't designed for it - comment voting changes the visibility and hierarchy of information. Comment sorting options may differ from one user to another i.e. one sorts by oldest first, another sorts by most popular first so you can't even tell if you are reading the same information in the same order as any other user.

Comment nesting makes establishing a chronology very difficult, even if sorting by oldest comment first and if you reply too many times to a second level comment, it will spin off the conversion into a de facto private message in a separate browser. When bug hunting you have to isolate problems and iterate solutions so the chronology matters. You have to know what steps have already been done and the order in which they were done.

All of this makes troubleshooting any problem an absolute nightmare which is why you should never go to reddit to solve technical problems of any sort. In order to solve technical problems you need structured, searchable information. You need to know what went wrong, when, why and how many people report the same thing. Everyone involved in collaborative problem solving needs to see all the same information, in the same order so nobody repeats steps that have already been done before.

Spending time on the modding discord, I found that platform a much, much better place to isolate and solve technical problems. The chat is in chronological order for all users. All chats are searchable. The heirarchy of information is the same for everyone so when collaboratively working on a problem, everyone has access to the same information in the same order. This is partly why the modding community can do the things it does and there are tool devs fixing their own stuff based on structured feedback from users on the discord. They ain't getting any of that on reddit.

As for QA "knowing whats broken" - not necessarily. In particularly obscure cases you have to tell them whats broken and if you want them to fix it quickly, it helps if you tell them exactly how and why its broken and how you repeat your observations. You don't have to do this of course and as a gamer, its not a responsibility you have to bear. Nevertheless, if you aren't actively involved in fixing problems, then just get out of the way and let the people who do get on with their work.

If you are talking about the promised but missing feature list on reddit, that concerns feature requests, not bugs.
there was also a list of perks and mods which didnt work with release but idk if it got updated with the patches or not.... i cant find it anymore not on reddit not as reposted links in this forum...

there was also a list of perks and mods which didnt work with release but idk if it got updated with the patches or not.... i cant find it anymore not on reddit not as reposted links in this forum...
The list of broken perks was curated by several people in a google docs spreadsheet that has been shared on reddit. The author also posted a thread attempting to get 1.2 feedback but because its reddit, he didn't get a whole lot of it. You can find that thread here: [1.2 Update] Complete List of Verified Perks (Working / Not Working / Partially Working) [WIP] : cyberpunkgame (reddit.com). I have this spreadsheet permanently open for testing purposes and you can find it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...XfLE1_vlAFO_zjq-WrKQoixgRQ/edit#gid=876331676

It has not been brought fully up to date as of 1.2. Daisy Chain for example now works as described and correctly applies 10%/35%/50% reduction to remaining quickhack cooldowns. All of the top level perks now function as described and all other perks broken by save/load game state have also been fixed (i.e. hard motherfucker which has been edited with a hilarious comment).

Bug squishing on reddit is a waste of time. Don't even bother.

Last edited:
I clearly said what I was talking about, yet you write an essay about something I never even said.

Warp Dancer has been broken since launch, you don't need to do any "bug hunting". Just get Reflex to 20, get the blade speed perks, install Warp Dancer and see what happens when you try to light attack with a Katana or Mantis Blades.

You can't even do combo attacks with the Katana even with the slower Mk4 Sandevistan.

Nothing happens, that's the problem.

Do you have any idea how much that breaks the game? That's like if using Legendary hacks crashed the game. The point of the Reflex Katana build is to kill stuff before it kills you, with Sandevistan BREAKING the Katana, you are locked out of the most effective way to play that build.

I'll just refer you this comment made by one of the mods.

''If you aren't already, please make sure to report bugs or issues you find also via the official route, here: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/''

For now all we can do is perhaps try different builds until these particular combinations get fixed, it's bound to happen, there's hundreds if not thousands of build combinations, some of them are bound to break completely it's a normal occurrence.

Please report all bugs to CDPR, as exxxed says above. Because your bug has not been fixed yet, does not mean it won't be. No, not all bugs will be fixed all at once. Witcher 3 had over 60 patches, for example.

Rant thread, already patch threads up, locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom