So when Witcher 3 releases... Question

+
So when Witcher 3 releases... Question

So when Witcher 3 releases, and if they allow importing saves. If you played Witcher 2 more than once, to play through both paths, which path save will you import for your first play through?

So far I have only played through the game 1 time, just finished it for the first time yesterday. I completed it on Roche Path. Started up Witcher 1 again, going to play through it favoring Scoia'tael this time, first time was neutral which is what I used to import for my Roche path. So I am going to complete Witcher 1 on Scoia'tael path, and then play through Witcher again and go for Iorveth path. After that I will decide which path to import.

Roche's path. It's still the one that makes greater sense to me from Geralt's backstory and the one with the opportunity for maximum chaos.

Temeria, Kaedwen, and Aedirn are all at civil war.
Roche and Anais are on the lam.
The Lodge survives and has a pet dragon.
Letho is the master of the Viper school.

(And these are just wishful guesses:)
Cynthia is promoted to master spy, and Vattier de Rideaux is sacked.
Ves is carrying the unknown heir to the throne of the Unicorn.

My first play through was a Roche's path playthrough.

So, role-playing-wise that's my true path.
If I import a saved-game for my first TW3 playthrough, it will be a Roche's path saved-game.

But my first TW3 playthrough will be almost certainly a vanilla one.

For me Roche's path only. I do not like Iorveth's path in general because of all inconsistencies I see there, and a lot of characters I am simply incapable of sympathizing with.

Roche's path with the massacre in the end brings me grim satisfaction - this is exactly what they all deserved, and they brought it upon themselves. When I see Loc Muinne painted in blood, with mounds of dead bodies, and see Radovid's content reaction, it feels like a fitting conclusion for the Northern insanity. I do agree with Radovid, only from Nilfgaardian perspective - let us burn all this Northern shit and start anew.

But I always save Anais and give her to Natalis because she is only a little girl who suffered unjustly. At least it gives Temeria, Foltest, and Anais the best resolution. I hope to see some sort of continuation to Anais' story.

jjavier said:
My first play through was a Roche's path playthrough.

So, role-playing-wise that's my true path.
If I import a saved-game for my first TW3 playthrough, it will be a Roche's path saved-game.

But my first TW3 playthrough will be almost certainly a vanilla one.

Curious as to why a vanilla one instead of an import first?

ryannberg said:
Curious as to why a vanilla one instead of an import first?

'cos that way I don't get any extra gear, so no one can say he/she have it harder than me. You can say you are more skilled than me. And that's is perfectly fine and may be true. But don't you have it harder. Not in this franchise.

My 2 cents:

I still have TW2 ver.1.1 saved in 3 DVDs. and that's my biggest treasure!
Buggy and unforgiven at first. Buggy and empowering at last (once you have shown your value). That's a how I liked.

Scoia'tael in Witcher 1 and Iorveth in Witcher 2 and will carry those saves to Witcher 3

Fought Aryan La Valette in an honourable duel, because I didn't know you could backtalk him into surrendering.

Saved Triss and saved Iorveth from Drakonborg in Loc Muinne.

Spared Shile, because everyone is guilty and Geralt is no judge, at least she told him about Yennefer.

Spared Letho, although he manipulated everyone and caused death and chaos for a noble cause, I could see a mirror of Geralt in Letho if Geralt took a different path in life, and besides, Letho took care of Yennefer.

Will do a neutral path in Witcher 1 and Roche Path in Witcher 2 then replay Witcher 3 in 2015 after finishing the first playthrough of it while waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 and Star Citizen :p/>/>/>

(too much free time ftw)

I'll import the one I decide to play a few days before release.

Honestly I need a release date, must plan vacation... 2 weeks in a lonely wooden cottage. No telephone, no disturbance... 14 days worth of fast-food, replaying from the first Witcher...

sanamia said:
I'll import the one I decide to play a few days before release.

Honestly I need a release date, must plan vacation... 2 weeks in a lonely wooden cottage. No telephone, no disturbance... 14 days worth of fast-food, replaying from the first Witcher...

Oh agreed. I'm eagerly waiting for the planning to commence. Pay all bills beforehand, not even going to check email. Probably pop on here every so often since it will be related. Stock up on food and be done for ten whole days.

Oh, and I'll be picking Roche, the Iorveth, and then vanilla.

sanamia said:

:) Yep, that's the way. I was never interested to learn about our sick leave policy, but I guess I'll accumulate enough sick days to develop a real bad case of flu on TW3 release date. I know, it is wrong, and will be highly embarrassing if anyone from my job learns about it, but hey, we live only once, right? So we'd better get as much fun in this life as we possibly can.

If TW3 is as good as TW2, I'll play it so many times I'll loose count. But my preferred end game save from TW2 will be my first.

vivaxardas said:
:)/> Yep, that's the way. I was never interested to learn about our sick leave policy, but I guess I'll accumulate enough sick days to develop a real bad case of flu on TW3 release date. I know, it is wrong, and will be highly embarrassing if anyone from my job learns about it, but hey, we live only once, right? So we'd better get as much fun in this life as we possibly can.

If TW3 is as good as TW2, I'll play it so many times I'll loose count. But my preferred end game save from TW2 will be my first.

Watch, a meteorite hits your house that day, and leaves you paralyzed from the neck down. and not ever to play the game =P

vivaxardas said:
For me Roche's path only. I do not like Iorveth's path in general because of all inconsistencies I see there, and a lot of characters I am simply incapable of sympathizing with.

Roche's path with the massacre in the end brings me grim satisfaction - this is exactly what they all deserved, and they brought it upon themselves. When I see Loc Muinne painted in blood, with mounds of dead bodies, and see Radovid's content reaction, it feels like a fitting conclusion for the Northern insanity. I do agree with Radovid, only from Nilfgaardian perspective - let us burn all this Northern shit and start anew.

But I always save Anais and give her to Natalis because she is only a little girl who suffered unjustly. At least it gives Temeria, Foltest, and Anais the best resolution. I hope to see some sort of continuation to Anais' story.

err who deserved the massacre ?you do realize mostly innocent people got crushed in there.

/>

we never know what Nilfgaard's rule will bring to the table either.I expect at least the first decade or so to be brutal on northerners.

Alyza said:
err who deserved the massacre ?you do realize mostly innocent people got crushed in there.

/>/>

Isn't it a whole point? The massacre was started by the Northerners, who just love to massacre their countrymen, be that non-humans, or the mages. All it took is for one Nilfgaardian guy, a representative of a known enemy, to read a list of names, and soldiers and peasants formed mobs and started to lynch whoever they wanted. It is not really ironic, but outright insane that people behave like this. It simply looks like a region-wide schizophrenia - on the one hand, they hate Nilfs and want them dead or gone, on the other - they use accusations made by a known enemy as an excuse to start mass murders.
All that it shows is how much the North is screwed up, from the mighty kings that allowed it, to lowly peasants and soldiers. It is really hard to find a region when people hate each other that much. That's why it is well deserved - they brought this on themselves, by their own hands, and the entire region will suffer for it.

vivaxardas said:
on the one hand, they hate Nilfs and want them dead or gone, on the other - they use accusations made by a known enemy as an excuse to start mass murders.
All that it shows is how much the North is screwed up, from the mighty kings that allowed it, to lowly peasants and soldiers. It is really hard to find a region when people hate each other that much. That's why it is well deserved - they brought this on themselves, by their own hands, and the entire region will suffer for it.

everyone's still paranoid because of the Thanedd Coup which happened less than a decade ago.

A lot of people are still distrustful of mages and sorceresses, Radovids own father was killed because of their scheming which is probably why he allowed it.

This point should have been stressed a lot more in the game, everyone just keeps saying Loc Muinne is a powder keg.

I did my Insane playthrough with every single quest available completed and all the choices I wanted on Iorveth's path, so that's the one I'm picking.

I played through on my 360 so I hope there will be an option to choose if it matters but it's Roche all the way for me.

Top Bottom