So where is Uber Sampling?

+
So where is Uber Sampling?

I heard next patch should be last (don't know if it's true). I still don't see any ubersampling option in menus. I know lots of people consider this feature useless but it's important to me cause I think it enhances greatly the witcher 2 graphics. The fact is CDPR confirmed it was coming on a live on twitch. I know it because they answered to MY question.

So with all the respect I have for CDPR and the love I have for their Witcher serie I kindly ask news about this matter here^^. What's going on? Is it still planned? Did I missed something on CDPR communication? I'am starting to wonder (only now I know but I am a trusting guy) because GOTY has been announced and no new content. I thought Uber Sampling could be part of it.

isn't it effectively the same as nvidia's DSR or amd's equvalent which weren't really around at witcher 2 launch time? just forcing 4x the pixels as the native resolution and than downscaling?

if so, it's not needed with today's graphic cards/driver software

isn't it effectively the same as nvidia's DSR or amd's equvalent which weren't really around at witcher 2 launch time?

Pretty much yes but having that feature natively in the game rather than trough a third party solution is always preferred. DSR can also affect everything on screen including HUD elements, which can make them appear blury.

isn't it effectively the same as nvidia's DSR or amd's equvalent which weren't really around at witcher 2 launch time? just forcing 4x the pixels as the native resolution and than downscaling?

if so, it's not needed with today's graphic cards/driver software

How does this works? First time I hear about this.

I think this thread is a BIG OLD TARGET.

You are free to dissent, because the Reds tell me I can't punish everyone all at once, no matter if the cloning finally works out, but as soon as the thread goes into the general neighbourhood of the non-constructive bitchfest that were the old Downgrade days, it'll be locked and some people ( who posted unconstructive one-to-two-line complaints that change nothing and help no one) will be taking a wee nap from the forums.

ZE VARNINGS HAFF BEEN GIVEN.

DSR doesnt use the hardware scaler. Pretty sure ubersampling doesnt either. Technically the software solution is slower. On nvidia cards to use hardware scaler, its more limited in range, make a custom resolution. On radeons it uses hardware scaler by default with VSR. You can create custom resolutions with radeons through the registry.

The thread is not made to get back to the good old downgrade days. It's just that unlike Redkit where we know CDPR stands because they said it was not coming we don't know about uber sampling. Uber sampling last time I heard of it it was on the way and since then nothing. This thread is just a demand for news nothing more. I just would like some clarification for a feature I hold dear. If they said they dropped it it's okay (reasons would be a nice bonus). The game is already almost perfect.

---------- Updated at 02:42 PM ----------

So I just tested DSR. And it's quite good ! Nothing blurry on the interface. Almost all aliasing is gone and everything look s better. If such a feature exist I understand why they're not developping Uber Sampling (if they actually stopped). Awesome.

man i dunno if anything less than nvidia 1080s in SLI could handle ubersampling in W3, lol.

that'd be super beautiful i'd imagine.

Guest 2364765

man i dunno if anything less than nvidia 1080s in SLI could handle ubersampling in W3, lol.

Now? Maybe, 5 years from now? Probably most of the mainstream GPU's.

Yeah Uber Sampling was a beast. But curiously I think I get something really descent with this DSR stuff. Of course it's not the same quality as the original Uber sampling but I didn't expect so much change at all. Geralt hair are now perfectly clean. No aliasing. Nothing.

you're over estimating it, ive been playing W3 ultra at 4k since i got a 980, then a 980ti, W3 is not demanding at all considering how much stuff they stripped down

personally i would prefer better graphics than ubersampling, once you get used to play at 4k ( and its very quick ), its not that impressive, its just that everything is sharper and cost you 4x the power to run the game at 1080

@essenthy Playable as in 30fps I presume?

This, so much this.

yeah locked 30, i cant play the game at 60, the game was made to run at 30 anyways, so animations are all wanky at 60, so yeah 4k 30 is plenty enough for me, and unlocked it run around 40-50 depending on the areas, mods, foliage settings ect ... an overclocked 1080 can probably hit 60 at 4k already

I bought 1070 specifically so I could use DSR and downsample from 1440p to 1080p while still getting 60fps.
Ubersampling is not necessary when DSR exists.

Top Bottom