So, where`s Adda?

+
So, where`s Adda?

I only did one playthrough in witcher 1 where Geralt lifts her curse and she marries Radovid and imported that to my witcher 2 save, which I used for the third one. Just wondering if she`s really not in the game at all or I just missed something. I didn`t see a single mention to her name.

I see it could be hard for the developers to consider she`s alive given it would change the political scenario considerably from what we see in w3, but I want to know if I should keep any hope of an appearance or swallow up she`s dead and that`s it...

I only did one playthrough in witcher 1 where Geralt lifts her curse and she marries Radovid and imported that to my witcher 2 save, which I used for the third one. Just wondering if she`s really not in the game at all or I just missed something. I didn`t see a single mention to her name.

I see it could be hard for the developers to consider she`s alive given it would change the political scenario considerably from what we see in w3, but I want to know if I should keep any hope of an appearance or swallow up she`s dead and that`s it...

She's not mentioned whatsoever.

Which is weird because Adda gives Radovid territorial claims on Temeria.

However, she's also an ex-monster and Radovid has embraced the R'hllor-ian "Burn the Innocent" version of the Eternal Flame.

So it's possible Radovid had her put to death.

However, she's also an ex-monster and Radovid has embraced the R'hllor-ian "Burn the Innocent" version of the Eternal Flame.

That's certainly my fear. Poor Adda, i adored her in TW1.

I remember something vaguely from a conversation in witcher 2 where Radovid being married to Adda meant nothing on temerian lands claim because the other rulers of the north wouldn`t stand for a united temerian/redanian kingdom. Don`t think that would stand after the chaos the North was left after the war.

Still, Radovid went out of his way to marry her. Either killing her because she`s a monstrosity or using her as a means to legitimate his claim on Temeria would make for interesting plots which would deepen our grasp of Radovid`s personality (in complete opposite directions, it should be said). I`m kinda sad they didn`t explore this

She´s only mentioned in an old letter you find in a secret passage in Vizima palace garden.

I remember something vaguely from a conversation in witcher 2 where Radovid being married to Adda meant nothing on temerian lands claim because the other rulers of the north wouldn`t stand for a united temerian/redanian kingdom. Don`t think that would stand after the chaos the North was left after the war.

Still, Radovid went out of his way to marry her. Either killing her because she`s a monstrosity or using her as a means to legitimate his claim on Temeria would make for interesting plots which would deepen our grasp of Radovid`s personality (in complete opposite directions, it should be said). I`m kinda sad they didn`t explore this

The situation Foltest explains is complicated.

Radovid wants to marry Adda so he has a claim on Temeria as well as to seal a military-political alliance with Foltest.

Foltest seals the alliance with Redania but also claims that he's not going to let Adda rule after him because she's Redanian now.

Hence, why he wants Anais.

With Foltest dead, though, who knows what Adda's claim would be.

Honestly, I think Adda is the rightful Queen of Redania and Temeria even if Anais isn't a monster incest baby.

I think it will be really cool that Adda would be next villain in Witcher 4 if CD Project Red would continue Witcher or in expansion due to Adda is too ambitious and collaborated w/ the Salamandra.

Adda is DEAD. That is cannon for TW2. And since there are no TW1 import questions that means she's dead by cannon.

If you never imported a TW1 game into TW2 Adda will always be dead.

Adda is DEAD. That is cannon for TW2. And since there are no TW1 import questions that means she's dead by cannon.

If you never imported a TW1 game into TW2 Adda will always be dead.

It's not cannon because you can import a save file and it will reflect the fact she isn't dead in TW2.

It is cannon. So what if you import it into TW2. It doesn't carry over to TW3. It is NOT one of the questions or plot points. She's dead. It's cannon. Accept it.

Just like Henselt if he wasn't killed by Roche he dies another way. Adda is dead for TW3. Even if she lived in your TW1 to TW2 she will have died somehow.

It is cannon. So what if you import it into TW2. It doesn't carry over to TW3. It is NOT one of the questions or plot points. She's dead. It's cannon. Accept it.

Just like Henselt if he wasn't killed by Roche he dies another way. Adda is dead for TW3. Even if she lived in your TW1 to TW2 she will have died somehow.

It's not cannon because her death isn't mentioned in TW3, nor her presence as queen contradicted.

They really-really needed to add:

* Did you save or execute Princess Adda

and

* Did you side with the Order of the Flaming Rose, Scoa'tael, or Neither?

Questions.

I feel like everytime I see you post anywhere it's you telling other people they can't have certain characters in their game because reasons.

Adda didn't die if you didn't let her, her death isn't mentioned in TW2 anywhere which would indicate she's still alive as otherwise it's likely they'd have mentioned her in the final act. The only other information we have is the secret letter in the secret passageway that tells us someone intends to reactivate her curse. There is ample room for her to make a return in some form of DLC where you might investigate this plot against her.

Adda is NOT a case closed character just yet.

It's not cannon because her death isn't mentioned in TW3, nor her presence as queen contradicted.

It's cannon because if you didn't import TW1 into TW2 she is dead in that game.

---------- Updated at 04:04 PM ----------

I feel like everytime I see you post anywhere it's you telling other people they can't have certain characters in their game because reasons.

Adda didn't die if you didn't let her, her death isn't mentioned in TW2 anywhere which would indicate she's still alive as otherwise it's likely they'd have mentioned her in the final act. The only other information we have is the secret letter in the secret passageway that tells us someone intends to reactivate her curse. There is ample room for her to make a return in some form of DLC where you might investigate this plot against her.

You need to replay TW2 then because she is said to be dead if you didn't import a TW1 game. Sorry you don't like what the devs picked but these are their choices.

EDIT: Here's how to know what cannon is. Cannon is the choices the devs make without you impacting them. So start a TW2 game without any imports. Now check to see what the book, Foltest and the chapter 3 dialogue says. They all show Adda is dead. The only time Foltest says you saved his child is if you import a TW1 game.

Now since zero, nadda, no plot points from TW1 are brought into TW3 what do you think the devs will do? I know I burst some players bubbles on what they want but facts are facts. TW1 choices are NOT in TW3. Therefore the default choices from TW2 are carried forward. And the default choice concerning Adda in TW2 is that she is dead.

One other thing. If you import a TW1 Adda alive you get a short scene where Radovid is going to marry her. If she is dead in your save or you didn't import any save he talks about Annais instead.

Last edited:
It's cannon because if you didn't import TW1 into TW2 she is dead in that game.

---------- Updated at 04:04 PM ----------

You need to replay TW2 then because she is said to be dead if you didn't import a TW1 game. Sorry you don't like what the devs picked but these are their choices.

EDIT: Here's how to know what cannon is. Cannon is the choices the devs make without you impacting them. So start a TW2 game without any imports. Now check to see what the book, Foltest and the chapter 3 dialogue says. They all show Adda is dead. The only time Foltest says you saved his child is if you import a TW1 game.

Now since zero, nadda, no plot points from TW1 are brought into TW3 what do you think the devs will do? I know I burst some players bubbles on what they want but facts are facts. TW1 choices are NOT in TW3. Therefore the default choices from TW2 are carried forward. And the default choice concerning Adda in TW2 is that she is dead.

One other thing. If you import a TW1 Adda alive you get a short scene where Radovid is going to marry her. If she is dead in your save or you didn't import any save he talks about Annais instead.

Still, if you do import the save, she`s absolutely alive in w2 and there`s no actual info on her on the 3rd game, so altough she is probably dead, that`s an assumption at best.

If Adda is going to be dead in TW3, they need to put the effort into the story telling us so. Otherwise, she's not dead for those who had her alive in TW2. Default is not canon. Lazy storytelling should not be rewarded with assumptions.

If Adda is going to be dead in TW3, they need to put the effort into the story telling us so. Otherwise, she's not dead for those who had her alive in TW2. Default is not canon. Lazy storytelling should not be rewarded with assumptions.

Hate to break it to you but default IS canon by definition. Please try to justify why the devs would not use a canon version as the default.

Here are the facts:
1) The only time Adda is alive in TW2 is if you import a save from TW1.
2) Nothing from TW1 is imported into TW3.
3) There are no plot points about Adda used by TW3 in the question/answer or in the import.
4) The default outcome for Adda in TW2 is that she is dead.

Now just like Henselt she might have lived in TW2 because of the TW1 imports but come TW3 there is only one state for her. So either she was killed by you in TW1 or she died by some other means during the transition from TW2 to TW3 but she is dead.

My final point of logic is simple. You can easily kill people off but you can't resurrect them. So for those that did kill her in TW1 that means she MUST still be dead in TW3. There is no method to bring her back. But if she lived in TW1 that doesn't mean she must live in TW3 (see Henselt). But she can only be alive or dead. this is not Schrodirger's cat we're talking about.

Let me add one more point. If she was alive and married to Radovid then she would take over when he dies instead of Dykstra. In the prologue of TW1 if you save Adda it states that she is married to Radovid. And Radovid in TW2 says that he wants to bring Anaise to be raised by her half-sister. In TW2 if you did not import a TW1 save or if Adda was killed Radovid says that he would eventually want to marry Anaise so their child would be a ruler of both kingdoms.

Last edited:

That sums it up for me. She certainly isn't necessarily dead as canon just yet.

Here is a direct quote from the Wiki for The Witcher:

"The book "The Temerian Royal Dynasty" provides in-game information about Adda. If you have imported a saved game before starting, then the journal entry added by that book is based on the choices made in that game (otherwise Adda is dead by default). "

Anyone who claims she's alive is clutching at straws. If she is alive she is mentally gone. The best hope you have is that the curse was lifted but she is mentally retarded and incapable of ruling either kingdom. She is also subject to the curse returning at any time. But that is also in direct opposition to TW2 where Foltest tells Geralt that she married Radovid.

But either way she's gone from the story.

Here is a direct quote from the Wiki for The Witcher:

"The book "The Temerian Royal Dynasty" provides in-game information about Adda. If you have imported a saved game before starting, then the journal entry added by that book is based on the choices made in that game (otherwise Adda is dead by default). "

Anyone who claims she's alive is clutching at straws. If she is alive she is mentally gone. The best hope you have is that the curse was lifted but she is mentally retarded and incapable of ruling either kingdom. She is also subject to the curse returning at any time. But that is also in direct opposition to TW2 where Foltest tells Geralt that she married Radovid.

But either way she's gone from the story.

Default does not equal canon

Top Bottom