So, who else has bought this game twice now?

+
I've just got round to playing it. At one stage id given it a go through metaboli (Uk gametap like site). Brought the EE version two days back and it arrived today. So far I havn't a bad word to say about the game, 'cept I cant seem to get a potion for the crypt but thats half the fun ;). Package is superb it felt like id brought a collectors edition for a standard, in fact cheaper than standard retail price. Props to CDProjket I look forward to future projects.

Well, TWEE won't be on Australian shelves till October sometime, and I downloaded the patch.Would have bought it without a second thought if it was there, but since I already have it, I've downgraded it on my priorities list.I want it anyway, if for no other reason than added convenience if I want to install TW on a new PC sometime, but there's no urgency.

I got the original as a Christmas gift last year. Due to other commitments and unexpected developments, I was never able to get past the beginning of Chapter 3 with that, but I bought the EE on the 22nd and I was happy to pay for it. Didn't have time to start playing until yesterday evening and I'm still in the Prologue, but I like it a lot better already (sweet, sweet dialogue fixes, especially for Lambert's swordfighting lessons). Can't wait to get further ahead, as the Prologue is probably the least changed of all the sections. The new inventory is also awesome.

I bought the original and was extremely pleased with it. When I heard about the EE, and that it was going to be free to registered users, I was even MORE pleased. Then, as the s**t storm over DRM began to fly, I decided to buy the game again instead of downloading for free. CDP should be commended for their trust and their commitment to superb game making. Hopefully, the bundle will have an excellent return on the investment and that a bunch of pirates haven't ruined it for the rest of us again.

It wasn't in the store! i HOPE THEY BRING IT AND NOT NEGLECT IT AS IN "ROMANIANS DON'T BUY REMAKES OR FREE STUFF". (Bucharest)4 stores checkedIf you know they don't distribute it, please encourage them!I'll visit again on Monday.

I just got the EE version in a shop (France), I had already the collector edition. It was the 6th time I checked but only the 5th shop. I got it from the biggest chain of store of my country for entertainment (Fnac). There was only one box but I didn't ask any question to the shopkeeper, so I don't know if there was more in stock or more exposed elsewhere. Another store from this chain had reserved 16 copies but the shop where I found it is much more small for video games.The package is less impressive than the big box of the collector edition but more easy to store like in bookshelves. There's everything, the manuals are a bit more deluxe than for the collector edition but there isn't the big hyper deluxe picture book of the collector edition. The good surprise is that all books are fully translated included the short story and it includes some pictures.There's a small publicity about the translated books, they will be released next month by a book editor specialized in Fantasy and Science-Fiction (Bragelonne). And I discover that this editor had already released 1 book of the same author, it's short stories of The Witcher, translation in 2003 of "Le dernier Voeu" it's Polish title is "Ostatnie zyczenie". Now it seems they are starting to translate and release them from the beginning of the series and the books of short stories.... At least! ;D

Wow, this thread sure got attention. Sorry for not checking back previously, I've been busy with work.I just got the EE edition, and I am about to watch the behind the scenes DVD. Let's see how XP X64 handles this beast of a game! :DThanks to the developers!

Bought EE yesterday from Best Buy yesterday. Last one. That makes two for me. A while back, I stopped playing the original about Chapter 2. Other things crept into life. Hopefully I'll finish it this time around.

I bought the game twice. The main reason being the fact that this was offered for free, and I wanted to show my support.

I have bought three versions--North American OE, European OE, and North American EE. My European EE is stuck in customs somewhere, I think, or has been eaten by the postal service. I really should call them about that.... :peace:

Tierce said:
I have bought three versions--North American OE, European OE, and North American EE. My European EE is stuck in customs somewhere, I think, or has been eaten by the postal service. I really should call them about that.... :peace:
*laugh* Wow, that's pretty impressive!My husband bought me the North American OE for my birthday, a European friend sent me an extra European OE that he wasn't using, and I bought a copy of the North American EE. I should have a Witcher party -- three of us could play at once. :)

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
*laugh* Wow, that's pretty impressive!My husband bought me the North American OE for my birthday, a European friend sent me an extra European OE that he wasn't using, and I bought a copy of the North American EE. I should have a Witcher party -- three of us could play at once. :)
Sounds like a plan! I'm in. ;DAtari is famous for not giving a damn about anything except their bottom line. The more money CDP makes for them, the more likely we are to get more Witcher games. It's worth the money to me. Besides, when you consider that the purchases were spread out over more than a year it really isn't all that expensive. And I must confess that I wasn't planning to buy the North American EE--the people I ordered it from swore that it would be the European edition. Bunch of liars, they are. I turned to my friend in the UK to send me the European EE the same way she smuggled me the OE. I loathe ERSB censorship.Edited to add: I hope that paragraph makes sense. I just got back from the dentist and am operating a computer under the influence of pain pills. :peace:

Count me in. I've purchach both standard and enhanced versions as well asa copy for my son. Keep up the fantastic work , CDPR!-Dj "Mordrid"

I have been busy this past month and just ordered the Enhanced Edition this morning. I loved the original and had played it through three times. I can hardly wait to start on the Enhanced Edition. There are few games I enjoy anymore. Perhaps my age is one reason for that, however, The Witcher is one of those few that I enjoy playing over and over again.

I have had the Collector's Edition for 5 months or so, was close to the end of Chapter 2 (yes, a bit slow I know).Bought the EE 2 days ago, decided to start a new game and enjoying it immensely. I wanted the printed manuals, story, game guide etc, plus the extra music CD and enhanced 'making of' DVD - and wanted to thank the company for its great effort in patches and making the EE.

Eriash, Vanworden, Brysiu -- are you forwarding the responses in this thread to the people who make the game? I think it would be good for their morale for them to read the words of people from all over the world who appreciate their efforts!

I bought the game twice to show my support for the creators of this awesome game.Quick question: In the soundtrack included in the Enhanced Edition, I noticed the boss battle song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqrG3SRpun0) was not in the CD. What gives? And where can I get this song?

Top Bottom