So why Oda does not use lie detection on V?

+
During the preparation of the heist Meredith Stout guard use a lie detection Device on V if you meet him. Why Oda wouldn't use such a thing? Is it because he does not want to risk to know the truth and enter in a denial state or something? Because this is really weird to have such an important device early game and never hear about it again. I mean it's in a main quest... Writers could not have forgot about it. Pictures this like a GOT making "Oda ... kinda forgot he has mega corpo level of implants" lol.

imageedit_2_5384956165.jpg

Is it because he does not want to risk to know the truth and enter in a denial state or something?
If I have to guess, he don't care about the truth...
To quote him :
"My one concern is to keep her safe in this city forgotten by the gods"
So everything else is not his concern :)

On a side note, it's not meredith herself who has the lie detector, it's the guy who accompanies her... (Meredith alone, won't be able to have the lie detector). Then lie detector work more or less well... Because Anthony, the guy in the trunk (who is the mole), lie to her without a doubt... But she don't know that he's the mole. So... maybe not a reliable technology (as currently^^)

Last edited:
This is actually not a plot hole and surprisingly good writing. Hanako explains in a DEVASTATING speech that Goro is lucky to not be there to hear that the board KNOWS that Yorinobu murdered Saburo.

SHE KNOWS.

She's ALWAYS known.

No one CARED.

In the words of Professor Plum, "You don't know what kind of people we have on the Arasaka board. I might go up in their opinion."

Odo, unlike Goro, seems to be under no delusions they're the good guys.

This is actually not a plot hole and surprisingly good writing. Hanako explains in a DEVASTATING speech that Goro is lucky to not be there to hear that the board KNOWS that Yorinobu murdered Saburo.

SHE KNOWS.

She's ALWAYS known.

No one CARED.

In the words of Professor Plum, "You don't know what kind of people we have on the Arasaka board. I might go up in their opinion."

Odo, unlike Goro, seems to be under no delusions they're the good guys.
In fact, Oda is as Goro, he's just a body guard and he don't know anything (or doesn't want to know). Hanako certainly didn't say anything to him, but he don't care. He just do his duty :)

In fact, Oda is as Goro, he's just a body guard and he don't know anything (or doesn't want to know). Hanako certainly didn't say anything to him, but he don't care. He just do his duty :)

I mean, Goro tells him and he's like, "Meh."

So we know he knows.

And the joke is that his "duty" is just obeying a usurper, which makes a mockery of the word.

So we know he knows.

And the joke is that his "duty" is just obeying a usurper, which makes a mockery of the word.
Just my opinion, but I seriously doubt he know anything or don't care to know :)
And after, Oda obey to Hanako and Hanako only.

That could be down to the culture. Outside, he may have a stone face. Inside, he might be fuming.
He might have known, and that bit of information he gave them might have been intentional, to see if THEY can do something about it.

So we know he knows.

You mean at the Japantown docks? Because to me his reaction was more like, "LAH LAH LAH IDON'TWANNAKNOW kjshdfkjhdkh" :LOL:
(Not saying he didn't know mind you, maybe he did.)
Post automatically merged:

Re: Stout:

I just assumed the Militech guy was just checking for any evidence of communications with Anthony. So phone records, texts, etc. A check like that doesn't really apply to this situation?

Last edited:
If I have to guess, he don't care about the truth...
To quote him :
"My one concern is to keep her safe in this city forgotten by the gods"
So everything else is not his concern :)
This would be my guess too.
Also as it is revealed later, Hanako does know the truth as does pretty much everybody else (because she says nobody believed the poisoning story) so it's not an impossible idea that Oda knows this too but doesn't want to risk getting himself or Hanako in danger by bringin this up at any occasion and instead decides to keep his mouth shut like a good soldier and focus on protecting Hanako.

My headcanon until proven otherwise is everyone only started respecting Yorinobu after he killed his dad.

Top Bottom