So will athleticism leveling ever get fixed?...

+
Thanks, but i know all the exploits and i know there is mod for PC... But how is this still possible. All they needed for hotfix was to reward 3-4 times more XP per every moment you gain ath XP. With every patch i gain some hope to be let down after... Not really sure if i ever see this fixed.

Last edited:
Thanks, but i know all the exploits and i know there is mod for PC... But how is this still possible. All they needed for hotfix was to reward 3-4 times more XP per every moment you gain ath XP. With every patch i gain some hope to be let down after... Not really sure if i ever see this fixed.
It's possible because it's not a quest/game breaking bug/problem. And if no one report it, it can't be on the top of the to-do list, for sure.
(Or at least, when you defeat an enemy with melee weapon, you should also earn some ath xp in addition)

So instead of waiting and hoping that it could be fixed one day, it's better to report it (and even one time after every patch) :)
(not sure about the category...)

has anyone figured out why it building up so slow? decided to play Cyberpunk2077 most of the game without using car/bike and only sprint to the tagged location and about 20% in the game the level of the athletic is level 3. It feel like level 3 is very smal when reaching about 20% in the game and should be around like level 5 or 6? or i'm missing something?

has anyone figured out why it building up so slow? decided to play Cyberpunk2077 most of the game without using car/bike and only sprint to the tagged location and about 20% in the game the level of the athletic is level 3. It feel like level 3 is very smal when reaching about 20% in the game and should be around like level 5 or 6? or i'm missing something?

i guess noone knows for sure just that it has been like this since release...

that would not have been enough, stamina use goes down as you get more athletics, and the stuff like opening doors or ripping turrets is limited. I also don't really think the berserk multiplier is a bug, the bug was probably the pausing thing. Kinda makes sense that going berserk and shadowboxing increases your athletics.

if it is a bug, athletics makes no sense, as its basically not really levelable otherwise.

Athleticism is the most broken, but I'd also nominate Engineering and Breach Protocol as a real PITA to level. Hopefully these, and some other, little balance issues will get fixed in the fabled 1.5 patch.

that would not have been enough, stamina use goes down as you get more athletics, and the stuff like opening doors or ripping turrets is limited. I also don't really think the berserk multiplier is a bug, the bug was probably the pausing thing. Kinda makes sense that going berserk and shadowboxing increases your athletics.

if it is a bug, athletics makes no sense, as its basically not really levelable otherwise.
It might not be a bug I also dob't think it is, but it's a really boring way to level up.
I hope they untie the levelling up from stamina consumption (which disregards perks like consume less stamina doing x) and associate it with doing certain actions (sprinting, jumping, boxing,...); bigger exp. raise for dispatching enemies by athletic means. In the end overhaul the amounts of exp gained on all these to a more balanced equation.

It might not be a bug I also dob't think it is, but it's a really boring way to level up.
I hope they untie the levelling up from stamina consumption (which disregards perks like consume less stamina doing x) and associate it with doing certain actions (sprinting, jumping, boxing,...); bigger exp. raise for dispatching enemies by athletic means. In the end overhaul the amounts of exp gained on all these to a more balanced equation.

you don't have to hit nothing, in practice people level athletics with beserk and punching by fighting enemies in melee while beserked. in practice its no slower than shadow boxing, and levels up body/blade at the same time.

yeah people can just train against the air, but choosing to level athletics by essentially practicing isn't off brand. Tying it exclusively to cyberware use is a bit weird though, and many people don't play that way. It would be nice if their were some other methods or interesting activities to increase it. However that would probably require more new content than they are willing develop for regular patches.

However that would probably require more new content than they are willing develop for regular patches.
I don't know, simply adding "athletic xp" in addition of the other ones (Blades/Street Brawler) when you use any melee weapons (blades/Blunt) or simply your fists seem to be easy and quite "good" solution :)
Like that if you defeat an enemy with a baseball bat/katana/fists/Gorilla arms/Mantis Blades/whatever, you will earn :
- general XP
- Street Brawler/Blade XP
+
- Athletic XP

Still waiting to hold an enemy while shooting a gun. =(
You can't ?
I have just try, and I can, no problem :(
Transporter - Allows you to shoot with Pistols and Revolvers or sprint while carrying a body.

Or you mean while you grab and hold an "alive" enemy. If I'm right, there is no perk for that (I'm quite confident) The other one simply increase armor when grab an enemy (even if the image might suggest that you can shoot).
03-12-2021_06-20-57-3emkuol1.png

you don't have to hit nothing, in practice people level athletics with beserk and punching by fighting enemies in melee while beserked. in practice its no slower than shadow boxing, and levels up body/blade at the same time.

yeah people can just train against the air, but choosing to level athletics by essentially practicing isn't off brand. Tying it exclusively to cyberware use is a bit weird though, and many people don't play that way. It would be nice if their were some other methods or interesting activities to increase it. However that would probably require more new content than they are willing develop for regular patches.
I don't think I explained my suggestion very well. At the moment athletics exp seems directly related to stamina consumption, and there's a cyberware usage multiplier. I was suggesting tie the exp gain with the movements (a punch on an enemy or on air equals something instead of it stamina consumption), overhauling this amount and add gains when defeating enemies with mellee, punches or blades.

It's situations like this that make me much prefer the ability to assign points at will, but be forced to choose...rather than the approach of systems that offer incremental increases based on usage. I like the idea of "do this thing in order to get better at it" -- definitely! But I don't think it works very well in a game that's trying to craft a particular type of experience. Especially if that experience is finite (like a narrative RPG with a beginning, middle, and end), I'd say it's best to craft character progression around that arc.

I think incremental systems work best in sandbox games with no central storyline. Love it in Valheim, Mount and Blade, Kenshi, etc.

I liked it for Arena and Daggerfall...but by the time Morrowind rolled around, it started to feel out-of-place for the experience.

Year after release and still in 200 hours melee build i achieved lvl 6 of athleticism... Almost no cars, just running and slashing, levels suuuuper slow.
It's possible because it's not a quest/game breaking bug/problem. And if no one report it, it can't be on the top of the to-do list, for sure.
(Or at least, when you defeat an enemy with melee weapon, you should also earn some ath xp in addition)

So instead of waiting and hoping that it could be fixed one day, it's better to report it (and even one time after every patch) :)
Web search "xp athletics" and you will get tens of thousands of hits covering Cyberpunks failure to fix even the most well-known basic bug. It's a repeated source of outrage and commonly used as an indication of CDPR being either inept and/or just not caring all that much. Or maybe they simply aim to become another Bethesda whose business model is leaving it to their customers to fix their broken games. Unpaid amateur modders have fixed this and a plethora of other bugs months ago. So attempting to shift blame onto customers/the original poster is utterly unwarranted.

So attempting to shift blame onto customers/the original poster is utterly unwarranted.
I wonder where I "blame" customers for a bug/problem in the game ?
I think nowhere... But in any case, the only way to aware CDPR about a problem/bug in the game is to report it when you encounter one (and maybe again if a patch doesn't solve it).
And it's useless to hope that CDPR will "google", "search into redit" or whatever for finding problems/bugs remaining in the game :)

It's situations like this that make me much prefer the ability to assign points at will, but be forced to choose...rather than the approach of systems that offer incremental increases based on usage.
Thats pretty much the ongoing discussion since ever... don't think you can get an easy solution. None of the approaches is less "gamey" than the other at the end : assigning points you get XP not related with the skill you are going to upgrade, skill leveling by use ends in repetitive grinding (lets craft 1000 useless objects so I can craft the next item). Ultima VII maybe was a good system?, find a master and train?
https://wiki.ultimacodex.com/wiki/Training_in_Ultima_VII

Thats pretty much the ongoing discussion since ever... don't think you can get an easy solution. None of the approaches is less "gamey" than the other at the end : assigning points you get XP not related with the skill you are going to upgrade, skill leveling by use ends in repetitive grinding (lets craft 1000 useless objects so I can craft the next item). Ultima VII maybe was a good system?, find a master and train?
https://wiki.ultimacodex.com/wiki/Training_in_Ultima_VII
I miss the old Ultima / Wizardry / Might and Magic approach in many ways, though I never really "liked" the way Ultima handled it in particular. It was so easy to just not be able to advance the way you wanted until later in the game, and that was both trifling and stifling. Still, needing to train was fun, and made me agonize over whether it was worth the gold.

It's when systems like this are put in place that it can feel rather frustrating to have an option that the game doesn't seem to want to let you utilize...or that it feels underwhelming when you do finally max it out. Sounds like Athletics may have been a good time to exercise a "less is more" approach. I didn't attempt to do anything with it on my playthrough, mostly because it didn't seem to offer anything all that beneficial. Aside from +100 carry weight, I never saw much in it beyond perk points that can be achieved in plenty of other ways.

I didn't attempt to do anything with it on my playthrough, mostly because it didn't seem to offer anything all that beneficial. Aside from +100 carry weight, I never saw much in it beyond perk points that can be achieved in plenty of other ways.
I think it really depend on specific build/playing style. Currently, I'm level 12 in body, but it's only for unlock doors (nothing else) :)
But if you play with blunt weapons or Gorilla arms, possibly have more health, more stamina, more regen for both and more armor (unlock with the skill levels) could be a good thing or at least, it's a little bit of "free" bonus (and if you are at level 20 in body, it's seven "free" perk points that you can use wherever you want)
LevelReward
2Increases Carrying Capacity by 20 (20).
3+1 (1) Perk Point(s)
4Increases Stamina by 5% (5%).
5Increases Stamina Regen Rate by 10% (10%).
6Increases Carrying Capacity by 40 (60).
7+1 (2) Perk Point(s)
8+1 (3) Perk Point(s)
9Increases Health by 5% (5%).
10+1 (4) Perk Point(s)
11+1 (5) Perk Point(s)
12Increases Health by 5% (10%).
13Increase Carrying Capacity by 100 (160).
14Increases Armor by 3% (3%).
15Increases Health Regen Rate Outside Combat by 10% (10%).
16+1 (6) Perk Point(s)
17Increases Health by 5% (15%).
18Increases Armor by 3% (6%).
19+1 (7) Perk Point(s)
20Unlocks the last Perk in the Skill tree.

Top Bottom