So With GOTY Released Does That Mean EE is Officially Dead?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So With GOTY Released Does That Mean EE is Officially Dead?

I know there will be no more releases this year for sure. But with the GOTY released does that also kill the possibility of an Enhanced Edition sometime next year? Of course we can only speculate but some on these forums have uncanny speculation capabilities.

Well this was already discussed in aaaa lot of threads to be honest! But as you say we can only speculate!

I personally don't think that there will be an Enhanced Edition!

Well, i still have a little hope, but to be honest, the chances are extremely low now...
Even the old look is not coming back anymore... so...

I would love that they eventually do it, but no, GOTY edition marks the end of the possibility of an Enhanced Edition, we can only hope that the Gwent campaigns may delve into the plotlines that were undercooked in Witcher 3.

dasft

The game is amazing, but there is stuff left behind, probably because of timelines to complete the DLCs and expansion, more content generates problems too.

But now is over, i hope they have intention to keep a small task force working in the game.

The Witcher 3 is the crown jewel of the company.

Don't be so quick to throw in the towel.
Considering the sheer size of the base game + exp 1 + exp 2 you obviously would need quite a bit of extra time to give everything the extra polish necessary for an Enhanced Edition. Another year or two (three even?) is probably a realistic ball-park figure in this regard.

Especially with the bulk of CDPR working on Cyberpunk and other things at the moment.

No EE in sight, I think.

But I keep my hopes up for a remaster at some point in the future, maybe exploiting the power of the upcoming refreshed consoles as well as the new GPUs already available for PCs. Maybe someday we'll all get to see TW3 the way CDPR originally envisioned it 2 or 3 years ago.

Something like this, or perhaps looking even better:

One can dream...

:geraltfeelgood:

Especially with the bulk of CDPR working on Cyberpunk and other things at the moment.

Well not just at the moment, but they will work on Cyberpunk for a hell lot of a time! So i can't imagine an EE.

Attachments

• 19tx3t.jpg
    19tx3t.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
An EE may still happen because of PS4 Neo and Xbox One Scorpio. However, that means we're still looking at another year or so down the road.

Well not just at the moment, but they will work on Cyberpunk for a hell lot of a time! So i can't imagine an EE.
It would just take a little longer then.
There's always the possibility for a 10th anniversary re-release or something that could also be an Enhanced Edition at the same time.

yes, the witcher 3 is closed, the goty verson is the last version of this gam that we will ever get. the devs are working on cyberpunk now.
the one last thing that they could do is to release redkit or better mod tools, to further enhance the game but that is alos very unlikely

I know there will be no more releases this year for sure. But with the GOTY released does that also kill the possibility of an Enhanced Edition sometime next year? Of course we can only speculate but some on these forums have uncanny speculation capabilities.

I would say that yes. It's officially dead. I can imagine some kind of remastered version of the game, adapted to new consoles but, IMHO, an EE is always oriented to improve the story and add a little more. From my point of view, CDPR has no intention to change the current plot.

Also, the answer of a developer would be appreciate but I doubt that we will see it

It's """funny""" because they said that they will support the game during 2016 and I didn't know that this year ends in september...

Last edited:
Really? Have you read the forums? The amounts of suggestions and plotholes that have been said? Just look the character of my avatar. That could be one of the main reasons

I know. And i know a lot of things that they could change. But from the point of view of CDPR, they have no interest and time into changing something!

That begins with just simply bringing the Companions of Geralt back after beating the Main Story!

But nope...my post was more sarcastic tbh

I know. And i know a lot of things that they could change. But from the point of view of CDPR, they have no interest and time into changing something!

That begins with just simply bringing the Companions of Geralt back after beating the Main Story!

Agree. It's only their perspective which counts now

Last edited:

dasft

The game need more fixes, we have things with problems for a long time... i think this is the most important point, even with no hope of more fixes, they are busy with the next project, things are only scaling.

Maybe after Cyberpunk 2077, we see the Witcher 3 EE, but probably everybody are going to ask for Cyberpunk 2077 EE too.

Then, everybody euphoric to see MS Spider and Sony NeoGeo, even with CPUs, GPUs and memory thousand years distant of both in resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom