So With GOTY Released Does That Mean EE is Officially Dead?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe after Cyberpunk, we see the Witcher 3 EE, but probably everybody are going to ask for Cyberpunk EE too.

Haha! I don't care about a Witcher 3 EE after Cyberpunk 2077 anymore mate!

After Cyberpunk 2077 i want The Witcher 4! Nothing else! :p

Yeah, but their perspective is:

Cyberpunk 2077!

Nothing more right now!

" - but we have a lot of bugs, and a lot of people asking for changes
- Cyberpunk 2077!! Money, money money!! Consoles!! "

:p

Last edited:
The problem i see is only, if they release a game, and don't care anymore about all the problems ( means no more EE's) because it sold well enough, and move on to the another projects, where will this end after a few games ?

To be honest i'm a little afraid of the quality of their future games.
Sooner or later only money counts...

To be honest i'm a little afraid of the quality of their future games.
Sooner or later only money counts...

I know we won't agree on this point, but, IMO, this already happened with TW3. There has been a HUGE difference on how they interacted with the community and adressed it's demands in TW2 than now.

Just an example: I never saw many demands about a gwent card game but they also saw that many people like it and they decided to create a whole game (instead of an EE) just for profit. And, initially, I read that it was going to be free but, now, those who wants to play will have to buy it.

Last edited:
I know we won't agree on this point, but, IMO, this already happened with TW3. There has been a HUGE difference on how they interact with the community and adressed it's demands in TW2 than now

Suprise , i have to agree with you .
You can see that, there is no will to fix at least a few of the existing problems.Red posts are rare, and more or less only in minor topics. Or Tech support or announcements.

and they decided to create a whole game (instead of an EE)
Yeah that leaves also with a bitter taste on me.
And i have to say i dont care how good the story in the campaign maybe will be, or if they add iorveth there... it's only a card game. They can't fix the the broken story of witcher 3 with story parts you get in the gwent campaign.

Btw, this is just speculation from me. Maybe they go storywise a different way.

I read that it was going to be free but, now, those who want to play will have to buy it.
MP will be Free, SP you must purchase.

Last edited:
I know we won't agree on this point, but, IMO, this already happened with TW3. There has been a HUGE difference on how they interact with the community and adressed it's demands in TW2 than now.

Just an example: I never saw many demands about a gwent card game but they also saw that many people like it and they decided to create a whole game (instead of an EE) just for profit. And, initially, I read that it was going to be free but, now, those who want to play will have to buy it.

I agree!

@Krull32

I also agree with everything! And nice points there!

Last edited:
I would say that yes. It's officially dead. I can imagine some kind of remastered version of the game, adapted to new consoles but, IMHO, an EE is always oriented to improve the story and add a little more. From my point of view, CDPR has no intention to change the current plot.

Also, the answer of a developer would be appreciate but I doubt that we will see it

It's """funny""" because they said that they will support the game during 2016 and I didn't know that this year ends in september...

Oh, no! A full three months short! C.D.P.R. is a pure evil!

---------- Updated at 10:05 AM ----------

Really? Have you read the forums? The amounts of suggestions and plotholes that have been said? Just look the character of my avatar. That could be one of the main reasons

I had a feeling he was going to work his way into this thread. It was only a matter of time. ;)

---------- Updated at 10:07 AM ----------

" - but we have a lot of bugs, and a lot of people asking for changes
- Cyberpunk 2077!! Money, money money!! Consoles!! "

:p

Yeah, dude. C.D.P.R. is just so evil. I hate them so much. Also, for some reason, I log onto their forums on a daily basis. But, don't worry...it's only to discuss how horrid they are.

Yeah, dude. C.D.P.R. is just so evil. I hate them so much. Also, for some reason, I log onto their forums on a daily basis. But, don't worry...it's only to discuss how horrid they are.

First, if I buy a product based on lies or half-truths I think I have the right to be bitching about it all the time that I want

Second. if you don't like my comments, you don't have to read them. It's what I do with yours .

Third. All my comments have been written based on facts except for those where I especified that it was my opinion. I never said such a childish comment like "CDPR are eeeeevil".

Fourth. This is off topic and I won't continue the discussion

Last edited:
OMG we reach the same point like yesterday by discussion about Vivaldis new clothes!!! :blink:
And how I wrote yesterday: It must be allowed to ask why CDPR act in a particular way! And it must be allowed to ask what's the sense of this!
And these questions doesn't mean that CDPR is the devil, isn't?! ;) Sorry, but some sentences, which I read here, are very inadequate for a good discussion in my opinion! And it's not really a reflected kind to discuss!

BTW Thanks to @Krull32 and @Sam2305 for your posts!
(PS: And I love TW3! It's an awesome game!!! :thumbsup:)

Forget EE. They're completely focused on Cyberpunk right now. Maybe Witcher 4 will come after Cyberpunk and the unannounced AAA game. Which means there will be no new Witcher related content for about 8-10 years at least.

I refuse to admit that EE is dead before CDPR identifies the body.
I know they are a publicly traded company but I guess we are going to find out in the next 2 months.

dasft

"did you see that mountain? is a huge pile of money"

Todd Howard, describing the meaning of life.

it is inevitable.

I refuse to admit that EE is dead before CDPR identifies the body.
I know they are a publicly traded company but I guess we are going to find out in the next 2 months.

I remember a guy saying the same about Iorveth. And you know how it ended. Just saying

It took 5 years to remaster Skyrim (assuming that it probably will be released on 11-11 like the original as well) so I wouldn't completely rule out the TW3 EE yet.
And yes I know that there's usually more to an enhanced edition in comparison to a remaster. Means that it'd just need more time than what's necessary to remaster a huge open world ARPG.
If Bethesda can pull it off while simultaneously working on and releasing the latest games in the Doom and the Fallout series, CDProjekt surely can as well, right? Probably needs just a small team too.

But we paid for those two expansions packs, they were nice, yes, but it doesn't change the fact that there are some things left behind in the main game.

We don't need more content, we need quality content. The game is already huge, an Enhanced Edition would just make the game perfect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom