So With GOTY Released Does That Mean EE is Officially Dead?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

dasft

It took 5 years to remaster Skyrim. If Bethesda can pull it off while simultaneously working on and releasing the latest games in the Doom and the Fallout series.

Bethesda Game Studios is not related in anything with DOOM, Id Software is the developer, the distribution made by Bethesda Softworks, they all part of the conglomerate Zenimax Media.

Fallout 4 is the current major domo there, the remastered version of Skyrim is not a "result of 5 years", is more a cosmetic retouch, on the sense of visuals, but to be fair, animations and textures are not that different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zk1KJtG3dM

The results on PC, running mods, are much more impressive.

Last edited:
There are no plans for EE W3 - this is completly diffrent this time around because we planed from the start to support the game with 16 Free dlc and 2 big expansiona which are waaay more content than a EE.

And what about the points of the story that the community has mentioned as improvable or even incoherent? Nothing about it? I'm speaking in general and not about new content

There are no plans for EE W3 - this is completly diffrent this time around because we planed from the start to support the game with 16 Free dlc and 2 big expansiona which are waaay more content than a EE.

But it still wasn't updated to new APIs like Vulkan (and DX12), and developers mentioned in the past, it was the only way to bring some of the "old look", i.e. restore some of the better and more demanding graphics. That was a natural thing to expect from an enhanced edition.

Last edited:
it's clear: there won't be an EE, the Goty edition replaced the EE, it's the last version. only mods can make changes or bring new things in to the game now

Of course. what a terrible ending to Geralt's journey. No scoat'tael for no apparent reason. No actual real felt resolution with Ciri, lover of choice, close friends and allies helped along the way from previous games. Ending with Ciri and your lover of choice was a bore and Zoltan and Dandelion and the witcher's get no ending at all. No actual real physical war in this game. No politics that were actually intriguing in this game either. Thanks anyways for the game, it's still good, just not great.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zk1KJtG3dM

holy shit hearing that song again has given me the FEELS. Dang, Witcher 3 topped Skyrim for me but hearing that again, i feel like i want to replay the game. My character now is a complete god, im talking 10th god level. But the game is to fresh in my mind, i haven't played it for a good 1-2 years but it's still so fresh, i know everything still. Amnesia please for me!

your lover of choice was a bore

Have you just called Yennefer a bore? Me and you have some mortal differences :)

Fucking of course. what a shitty ending to Geralt's journey. No scoat'tael for no apparent reason. No actual real felt resolution with Ciri, lover of choice, close friends and allies helped along the way from previous games. Ending with Ciri and your lover of choice was a bore and Zoltan and Dandelion and the witcher's get no ending at all. No actual real physical war in this game. No politics that were actually intriguing in this game either. God dammit. Thanks anyways for the game, it's still good, just not great.

Not even putting the main NPCs back in the game. Too much work it seems. Money, my friend, money. And they won't see any more of mine

dasft

The dilemma with many open worlds, let's overflow our players with stuff, it just works! generally this not mean "extremely detailed consequences and plots" just a ton of land and stuff to do.

But the way quests are delivered, ignoring the repetition with the faces, really made me smile. The game is very good, for me on the current moment, is all about quality of life, bring more fixes.

Maybe in the future a comemorative edition, to cover the desires of a complex part of the community, because right now, they are receiving new blood, without generalizing, people who love games and dont care about "who is he or she" at all.

Beware the Bethesda path, a road of gold, quantity and a shallow existence.

Last edited:

Well at least it's now official.....after such a long time avoiding a clear yes or no... to bad it was the saddest answer...

Btw, the main goal for EE is not to add a huge amount of content.
Even with little effort here and there the main game could be much better....just saying...
In my opinion Witcher 3 deserved an EE more than Witcher 1 and 2...
Well the decision was made...sadly.

Last edited:
In my opinion Witcher 3 deserved an EE more than Witcher 1 and 2...
Well the decision was made...sadly.

Yep. Especially since EE could make it playable on Linux, if they would do proper engine rewrite in Vulkan. But I suppose it's too much for them, and they decided not to spend resources on it.

No body is disputing the amount of content compared to a possible EE, but in my and many others' opinion the main story of Witcher 3 badly needs it more than the previous games ever did especially in the last act, it's a shame that the decision was made way before the game was even out it seems.

Last edited:

Thank you! That's the EXACT point I've being trying to drive home for months. But, it seems that it takes the magic of a RED for people to actually understand it. The Complete Edition of TW3 has more content than both entire previous games (Along with their EEs.) combined.

I think one of C.D.P.R.'s bigger mistakes was giving us free DLC, because the fans now feel like they deserve more in the form of an E.E..

People didn't come to love this series because the amount of content, both tw1 and tw2 were fairly short games. They had quality.

---------- Updated at 10:03 PM ----------

Have you just called Yennefer a bore? Me and you have some mortal differences

No she isn't boring and neither is Triss, at first we got an epilogue after all was said(and no interaction at all) and done(after 3 games) and we defeated the wild hunt and Ciri defeats the white frost. Then in B&W we got a few sentences followed by sitting on their ass all day. I'm talking about the ending(after the wild hunt) with the main character's specifically since this was Geralt's last game.

Last edited:
I'm talking about the ending with the npc's specifically since this was Geralt's last game.

Yeah man i agree. I loved the Yennefer bit at the end, made me very happy to see their home together, its what they dreamed of. But i would of LOVED to see some more cutscenes of them talking or additional dialogue, additional dialogue that could of been included in a E.E edition. :)

I think one of C.D.P.R.'s bigger mistakes was giving us free DLC, because the fans now feel like they deserve more in the form of an E.E..

Hey man, your comment got liked and redpointed by a RED EMPLOYEE. Your now an enlightened member of the thread. However i strongly disagree on that. Giving us free DLC was a great decision, but it showed them being thankful and their support for the games and it also made them a much loved and respected development company. I don't want CDPR to fall down like Bethesda has done recently, i used to respect Bethesda but now, just like EA,Ubisoft, Activision they are just your typical release shitty games and money whore the fuck out of them. CDPR is special.

Fans wouldn't feel the need for an EE edition if they corrected their original mistakes... What is with the Yen/Ciri situation? More dialogue with Yen at the end of Corvo Bianco since it's meant to be their home together and the goodbye of Geralt and you get 6 minutes of dialogue. Fleshing out Act 3, more screentime or "storytime" about the main enemy Eredin. Don't get me wrong the game itself is amazing but you can't deny there was mistakes in the base game. Also i would prefer if they did an E.E edition fixing this issues over the 16 free DLC anyday...

Last edited:
Thank you! That's the EXACT point I've being trying to drive home for months. But, it seems that it takes the magic of a RED for people to actually understand it. The Complete Edition of TW3 has more content than both entire previous games (Along with their EEs.) combined.

I didn't wait 4 years to play 2 expansions and 16 free dlc.

But still, great stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom