So...

+

Mohasz

Forum veteran
So...

...I was just wondering. What do you guys find the most impressive about the new trailer?

Mohasz

Forum veteran
Smintheus said:
bağlama? bağlama is a turkish musical instrument, where did you see it?
I saw "saz" listed on Percival's website so I googled it. Seems like it's a family of instruments but Wikipedia directed to bağlama. I don't know what the actual instrument in the song is.

Mohasz said:
I saw "saz" listed on Percival's website so I googled it. Seems like it's a family of instruments but Wikipedia directed to bağlama. I don't know what the actual instrument in the song is.

saz and bağlama are almost identical.

Forum veteran
As impressive as the big vistas are, I found the many small touches to be the most impressive. The flocks of birds flying through the sky, the clothes on the line being moved by the wind and those moving clouds, the whole of those small details make it feel alive.

I liked seeing how the engine has evolved since the last trailer - huge improvements all around.

I also liked that Novigrad now has a wall but I can't comment on the size until I see a bird's eye view of it.

Am I the only one who was a bit disappointed?
Not much big news or new gameplay from the last trailer... And i'ts only 60 seconds! :/
I want some serious gampeplay footage! Even of Geralt just walking around the city for 4 minutes! DAT DYNAMIC LIVE CITY

With "Ships", are you referring to the Naglfar-like one?
I'm between that and the horse riding, and the music... and all of the options! All of them made me almost cry of joy />/>

RisikTheGreat said:
Not much big news or new gameplay from the last trailer... And i'ts only 60 seconds! :/
I want some serious gampeplay footage! Even of Geralt just walking around the city for 4 minutes! DAT DYNAMIC LIVE CITY

I share your view, but even though the trailer was far too short, it still contains a lot of impressive bits to enjoy.

RisikTheGreat said:
I understand your frustration but I'm not getting your logic.

RED's kind enough to show us these trailers because they're not ready to show anything else. For PR reasons. Remember, it's still, what, at the very least 6 months until release. Probably close to 9. Why the fuck would they be using their aces now and spoil large segments of the game? Isn't it better to wait until 2-3 months before release and then unleash hell? Gameplay videos, demonstrations, articles, everything. Don't you think it's a bit premature for them to be spending too much time on PR when the game is going to be out, probably sometime in Q4 2014? That's not good business, that's not good PR. People will have forgotten about the Witcher 3 by then.

Hell! They shouldn't even be releasing these teasers. Way to early if you ask me. But boy do I appreciate the shit out of them :)

So take a chill pill. RED doesn't owe you any fucking 15 minutes live gameplay demo of Novigrad. REDs doing their thing in order to ensure they can deliver the best possible piece of art and marketing it the best way they can. Again, why do you want to see a gameplay vid when the release is almost a year away? Logic - nonexistent.

And it's an amazing trailer. Time to spam the replay button again.

Yeah, so many options! I should've included one called "Everything" I guess. And the clouds! How could I forget the clouds?!
Nekrypt said:
With "Ships", are you referring to the Naglfar-like one?
Pretty much.

FoggyFishburne said:
I understand your frustration but I'm not getting your logic.

RED's kind enough to show us these trailers because they're not ready to show anything else. For PR reasons. Remember, it's still, what, at the very least 6 months until release. Probably close to 9. Why the fuck would they be using their aces now and spoil large segments of the game? Isn't it better to wait until 2-3 months before release and then unleash hell? Gameplay videos, demonstrations, articles, everything. Don't you think it's a bit premature for them to be spending too much time on PR when the game is going to be out, probably sometime in Q4 2014? That's not good business, that's not good PR. People will have forgotten about the Witcher 3 by then.

Hell! They shouldn't even be releasing these teasers. Way to early if you ask me. But boy do I appreciate the shit out of them :)/>/>

So take a chill pill. RED doesn't owe you any fucking 15 minutes live gameplay demo of Novigrad. REDs doing their thing in order to ensure they can deliver the best possible piece of art and marketing it the best way they can. Again, why do you want to see a gameplay vid when the release is almost a year away? Logic - nonexistent.

And it's an amazing trailer. Time to spam the replay button again.

I know all of that... I just don't like those teasers of 30 seconds of combat and horses... They still have a long way until the game is finished.. I'm well aware of that...
Geralt's face doesn't even have those real face textures in the trailer.
But it's like a girl will tell you "I'm all home alone! You can come" and when you get there you see she has this big cleavage and she is all flirty... You decide to make a move and she says: "I'm not ready for a realtionship"... This was this teaser feels like... I know it's the purpose of the teaser...
But it doesn't mean I still like it or I think they made the right choice releasing it now.. They maybe should have waited just a bit longer to reavel more interesting new stuff... Which we didn't already know... This trailer was just like: "Dem modeling, Dat city, ohhh horse which you saw before! slicing hand! -END-"

Top Bottom