Soldier & Nobleman Statuette Quests Bugged/No Achievements After 1.08.3

+
Soldier & Nobleman Statuette Quests Bugged/No Achievements After 1.08.3

Okay, I'm in Act III, no mods/3rd party whatever, when I try to solve the Nobleman or Soldier Statuette Quests, Triss takes me to a warehouse where absolutely nothing happens. Please, these need to be fixed ASAP.

Also, whilst 1.8.3 unlocked retroactively all the missed achievements, I never got any new ones (e.g. Dendrologist) so they're still broken. Can you please fix this thing so we can enjoy the game in all it's glory, as it was intended?

I'm also experiencing certain problems with achievements currently. Today I've upgraded the game to version 1.08.3 and one achievement that should have unlocked while I was playing on version 1.08.2 did unlock after I entered the game (the Doppler Effect).

However, while playing on patch 1.08.2 I've also fulfilled the conditions necessary to unlock the Globetrotter achievement (I've discovered a total of 102 Travel Points). Sadly, this did not make the achievement pop under version 1.08.2, nor did it activate after installing the latest patch (1.08.3). Is there anything specific I need to do to make the game recognize the fact that the conditions for this achievement have already been met? I tried loading a save prior to reaching a 100 Travel Points mark and discovering the 100th point again - this did nothing. I've also tried to discover a new Travel Point after the fix by travelling to Skellige Islands even though I did not want to yet - this got me an additional 4 Travel Points, yet the achievement did not activate. Is it permanently broken now? Do I have to start the game from scratch in order to activate it?

Maybe certain Travel Points do not count for this? Admittedly, since I'm an incorrigible completionist, I've managed to reach the 100 Travel Points mark before even travelling to Skellige - there's 10 points in the White Orchard area, 1 in Vizima and I currently have 91 in Velen/Novigrad region. In total this adds up to 102 whichever way you count it, plus I've tried going to Skellige just to make this achievement pop and I discovered additional 4 immediately, bringing it to 106, yet it didn't work either. Is there anything I should to, or should I simply wait for another fix?

Thanks in advance for any information in that regard.

PS. I'm playing the game via the Galaxy client.

Hello guys,

As you can see in this thread, the achievements are currently broken ==> http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/56022-Achievements-Broken-Again-After-1-08-1

So, it's "normal", in a way, if you can earn any achievements at the time. A member of CDPR has posted in this topic, and said that their team is working on a fix. So, I just suggest you, in order to be sure to collect the achievements, to manually save your game just before the achievement is supposed to come.

Thanks for the info!

Funny thing is, I did eventually manage to get this achievement to activate. I checked the date on which I got my last achievement normally and it turned out it was just before the New Game+ patch (some 8 days ago). I loaded a saved game from before that date and I travelled to all of the Travel Points once again - I figured that the game just didn't register my progress towards this achievement since patch 1.08.2. It turned out I was correct - after uncovering the same Travel Points for the second time, I did get the achievement to register.

I guess the retroactive fix only works for the achievements which activate after fulfiling a single condition (like complete a quest or progress the storyline). That's why I've got the Doppler Effect achievement immediately after updating to 1.08.3. However, for those achievements that need you to accumulate a number of "points" to activate (like killing foes in specific ways, discovering Travel Points etc.), you need to redo the progress you've made during the time the achievements weren't working properly. That's why I had to revisit all of the Travel Points I visited during the last week (after I knew where they were, it wasn't too difficult).

Hope this helps anyone with a similar problem.

Top Bottom