Soldier Statuette after Now or Never?

+
Soldier Statuette after Now or Never?

I'm in the point where if I go to Triss, just trigger Now or Never. I know that I can talk to her later in Kaer Morhen, but I have no intention to romance her, so I suppose the quest "soldier statuette" is to consider failed.
Very unfair, considering that you can obtain soldier statuette in the very end of Novigrad storyline.

EDIT: I read in the last post here http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/699808-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/71883509
that I can make the quest in the very end of the game. I wonder if it's right.

Last edited:
I just did the two statuettes quest after the Bald Mountain quest, in which Triss returns to Novigrad.
Just make sure not to sell your two jade figurines, otherwise, those two will not be completed.

You don't have to wait until the very end of the game. When Triss gets to Kaer Morhen, it doesn't matter whether or not you romanced her. Just bring her the statuette and you'll both end up in Novigrad to finish the quest, in the same location where you finished the quest for the first one (if you completed that one you know where it is). Just keep playing and it'll be fine :)

Sorry, but the above is not true for me and others on places like reddit. Just did that a minute ago. I ended up in Novigrad for Final Preparations and the two Statuette Quests reappeared. I could talk to Triss (tried talking to her at every single step of Final Preparations) but all i got was a Leave option for Gerald. She acknowledges both statuettes quests with a yellow text option but there is nothing you can do to continue. As soon as you complete Final Preparations with the Talk to Avallac'h part (the sorceress' talk) both are automatically marked failed and Final Preparations is marked completed. Immediately afterwards Battle Preparations starts. I can provide screens or a save from every step if someone wants it. It's not the end of the world, but annoying. Especially so since many places seem to implicate it 's been fixed and everything would be fine.

Never had that problem. The first time she showed up at Kaer Morhen, I talked to her and finished the mission. So while it may have been bugged for you, doesn't mean it isn't true.

You can do statuette quests when Triss is in Rosemary And Thyme (she is there, no matter if you romance her or not). I completed one or two statuette quests at this point. I guess it was after Blindingly Obvious 'cause what I can remember, Triss wouldn't talk about statuettes before that.

I think i'll have to use an older savegame:

After "The Battle of Kaer Morhen" back in Novigrad i ask Triss about the Statuette.
She want to uncompress it in her old room. So the quest is finished.
After that she sits on the chair, the Quest "Blindingly obvious" is active, but she doesn't move and there are no more dialogues possible apart normal conversation.

The problem seems to be, i used the first possibility to ask her - this is after the start of "Blindingly obvious"

Its no big thing, but ive found nowhere any reports about this.

I think i'll have to use an older savegame:

After "The Battle of Kaer Morhen" back in Novigrad i ask Triss about the Statuette.
She want to uncompress it in her old room. So the quest is finished.
After that she sits on the chair, the Quest "Blindingly obvious" is active, but she doesn't move and there are no more dialogues possible apart normal conversation.

The problem seems to be, i used the first possibility to ask her - this is after the start of "Blindingly obvious"

Its no big thing, but ive found nowhere any reports about this.

It's worked into the game in a way that's very easy to miss and/or easy to cancel by advancing too far into the story. It will become unavailable rather unexpectedly because of events involving Triss (no spoilers ;)).

Basically, I would recommend pursuing the statuettes immediately after entering Novigraad and encountering Triss for the first time. Don't deal with the main quest at all while you're doing statue stuff.

Also, not too much of a spoiler, but you're not missing out on any crazy rewards or items by skipping it altogether. It's interesting! And fun! But it's hardly a game-changer. If I was as far along as you are, I'd just save it for the next playthrough. :ok:

It is funny that a lot of players AVOID main quest as long as they can s they won't miss the side content that might be unavailable later.

It is funny that a lot of players AVOID main quest as long as they can s they won't miss the side content that might be unavailable later.

I definitely overdid it on my first playthrough. I was just having too much fun exploring.

However, it is possible to encounter quests that are waaay over your level without meaning to. On subsequent playthroughs, I just did whatever I happened to be near as I was traveling from one place to the next along the main plotline. The key there is...try different routes. On my sixth playthrough, I still found quests and encounters I had never seen before.

Hello,

i have an additional question in the same context.
My current situation: I made the main story line, Triss is not in Novigrad anymore. Currently I'm in the mission to get the cards for Zoltan. But if I'm in the house where the statue is, i can pick it up, but Geralt says "It's bad, that i can not ask Triss." And the quest don't start.

On a other website I found the following infomation:
"But if Triss is unavailable or has already left for Kovir (at the end of the quest Now or Never), then you won't be able to trigger this quest until after you've completed the quest Blindingly Obvious, which won't happen until late in the game."

Can someone verify this? I get this quest later in the game through a dialog?

I hope at the point in the late game is a dialog option for this quest, like the "Play against Thaler" quest, which triggers only if i play gwint against him.

Hello,

i have an additional question in the same context.
My current situation: I made the main story line, Triss is not in Novigrad anymore. Currently I'm in the mission to get the cards for Zoltan. But if I'm in the house where the statue is, i can pick it up, but Geralt says "It's bad, that i can not ask Triss." And the quest don't start.

On a other website I found the following infomation:
"But if Triss is unavailable or has already left for Kovir (at the end of the quest Now or Never), then you won't be able to trigger this quest until after you've completed the quest Blindingly Obvious, which won't happen until late in the game."

Can someone verify this? I get this quest later in the game through a dialog?

I hope at the point in the late game is a dialog option for this quest, like the "Play against Thaler" quest, which triggers only if i play gwint against him.

I think the easiest way to answer this is:
If Triss leaves Novigrad, you're done with the statuette questline. I'm not sure I remember whether or not they stay active, but there is no way to continue them that I know of.

Top Bottom