Solution to make the game harder

+
Solution to make the game harder

Well, I'm trying the same solution here that made TW2 a lot more challenging and thus more fun. Don't use Quen, ever. Going through the game on Death March after giving up Quen has gotten a lot interesting. As an additional challenge if you feel you need it, give activate Fleet Footed (100% damage reduction during dodging).

I think those that are looking for an extra difficulty level will enjoy the game quite a bit more.

Don't allow food/drink items regenerate health in combat. I saw some of the youtube videos of gamers playing at the hardest setting. They just literally downing food infinitum ... lol

Oh that's silly, I didn't realize you even COULD use food/drink in combat... I never touch that OR potions that aren't in the pockets slot at the start of the fight.

Right now iam playing:
- No Quen
- No Mutagens
- No Fleet Flooted
- No Armor Talent
- No potion upgrade
- Death March
- Armor/Sword usable if i am 6 level higher than the necessary level to use it.

With this setting the game is quite challeging, you need to think and also prepare (bombs, oils) before every monster contract/boss fight.

I couldn't give up Quen (at least to start a fight). and can't think of anything to make the game harder. It's already too hard for me.

Right now iam playing:
- No Quen
- No Mutagens
- No Fleet Flooted
- No Armor Talent
- No potion upgrade
- Death March
- Armor/Sword usable if i am 6 level higher than the necessary level to use it.

With this setting the game is quite challeging, you need to think and also prepare (bombs, oils) before every monster contract/boss fight.

I commend you but that's way too much micromanaging to make the game challenging. Hopefully the upcoming expansions are made for high level content and improve on some things.

---------- Updated at 11:55 PM ----------

Oh that's silly, I didn't realize you even COULD use food/drink in combat... I never touch that OR potions that aren't in the pockets slot at the start of the fight.

They need to add a limit where if Geralt gorges himself with food/drink his stamina regen suffers....

Well, I'm trying the same solution here that made TW2 a lot more challenging and thus more fun. Don't use Quen, ever. Going through the game on Death March after giving up Quen has gotten a lot interesting. As an additional challenge if you feel you need it, give activate Fleet Footed (100% damage reduction during dodging).

I think those that are looking for an extra difficulty level will enjoy the game quite a bit more.

yeah maybe focus on swords + mutagens or swords+aard

Quen is most effective when it's used offensively, not defensively. As I see it, there are actually viable uses for Quen, it's not just a crutch like alot of people make it out to be. A good example is with the Cyclops. Because of its increased range due to its physical size, side-stepping doesn't usually work so you're forced to roll. Quen is really useful because you don't have to roll away, roll back in, go for a quick attack, then roll back out again. Quen allows you to stay in close, allowing you to land several more attacks before you have to back off.

Don't allow food/drink items regenerate health in combat. I saw some of the youtube videos of gamers playing at the hardest setting. They just literally downing food infinitum ... lol

You can't do that on "Death March".
If you try it tells you "You can not do that during combat".

use kaer morhen armor (basic lv 1 set) change only the swords
no food spamming, maybe just drink before the fight (water 20 sec regen)
yes to swallow but only if its not enchanted (3)
u get alot of damage with lv 1 armor anyways so you'll need to heal up eventually which will make u use all the potions at the beginning
​warning: they might oneshoot you aswell

cuz kaer morhen armor looks cool u kno...

Top Bottom