Solutions for implementing a needed GANG WAR SYSTEM

+
Dear CDPR staff, especially dear developers and game designers of Cyberpunk 2077,

I bought Cyberpunk2077 for PC, finished the main story and enjoyed it very much. However, what is missing and often criticised by fans is the endless game, which would allow players to interact much more with NightCity after finishing the main story and side missions.
In my opinion, such a system would greatly enhance the gaming experience and It would make players play the game much longer.

Concrete solutions for said feature as a suggestion, could also be seen as requirements:
Step 1)
Implement a system whereby "V", i.e. the player can recruit NPCs and make them to join his gang. The player approaches the NPCs and recruits him for a payment of 500 up to several thousand Eddies. The recruited NPCs would follow the player to anywhere when the follow mode is "on", including with motorbikes or cars that the gang NPCs themselves can summon.
The gang NPCs help the player win battles/missions and conquer foreign gang territories.
The player can ask certain gang NPCs to stop following him and the NPCs would stop right there (follow mode "off"). The gang NPCs would then still be active in the players gang and stay there to protect that area.
Its also important that the recruited (friendly) gang NPCs can die and only shoot back if V got attacked by the police or enemy gang NPCs, so the player has to think about how to play with the recruited members wisely. There shouldnt be a limit how many gang members the player can recruit but only ca. 10 gang members should be able to follow the player at the same time.
The NPCs has different strength-level like the police with their stars (1 - 4 stars). Higher strength level gang NPCs should cost much more Eddies to recruit.
Few NEUTRAL NPCs with random strength level should spawn every minute in every teritority of NightCity and can be recruited by any gang.
If V, i.e. the player enters enemy teritority alone to get the main story or side mission done then he wont get attacked. But if he join enemy area with his gang members, the enemy gang would immediately start to attack the player and his followers.

Step 2)
There could be a map system that visually indicates or colour-codes how far "V" i.e. the player has conquered the teritorities of NightCity. The player can join a certain predefined gang and climb up its ladder or create his own gang. An area belongs to the player's gang if he has eliminated the opponents with the recruited gang NPCs. In other words, a gang war system.
Enemy gangs would sometimes try to assasinate V, the frequency depends on how many members of those gang V has killed.
Gangs are neutral to V (player) by default, except when V's gang starts to attack them. The player can pay Eddies or teritorities to a enemy gang to make it neutral again. Enemies gang can fight each other too and make random gang alliances.
A conquered map teritority can be taken back by enemy gangs if they decide to attack the players territority and kill all of his gang members in there.
If the player has conquered more than 60% of all conquerable NightCity teritorities, he is considered the godfather of the beloved city.

You could integrate this system in one of the future DLC. I would be willing to pay money for it and I think millions of the other Cyberpunk2077 buyers would too. Such a GANG WAR system would make nightcity so much more vibrant and exciting.

I would be very happy if you could reply to this thread. Thanks to the CDPR team for creating Cyberpunk2077.

Yours sincerely,

A CP77 fan from Frankfurt, Germany

PS: What do you CP77-players think about such a gang war system?

Last edited:

Juyo

Forum regular
Good suggestion! I sort of expected there to be some kind of faction/reputation system with the different gangs - vaguely thought I remembered there being some coverage of the game early on where the devs talked about making choices about which gangs to help which would impact your experience of the game but I've not noticed anything particularly like that in my playthroughs so far, although I've not actually finished the story yet so maybe I'm not there yet!

I guess there's the Maelstrom choices early on, but that's about it at the moment - think it would definitely add an extra dimension if there was a gang reputation element, where gangs would send hitmen to try and kill you if you killed a lot of their members, or would give you jobs to mess with other gangs operations and such.

gang wars, would be a very fitting buffer for them to put before the multiplayer hits the game.

I aprrove of your 'Gang war' tough i would rather prefer, to be able to join the exsisting gangs ,and get quests to conqure and spread their teritory, and be able to play as MaxTech/NCPD/Trauma Team/Kang Too and others aswell.

Since corpos dont 'expand' like gangs, i would be running around entire NC with a medical team, doing missions, saving people, tazing people, shooting people.

this would be much better then a simple gangwar idea you got :)

I wish that there was a GTA-like footprint here in developing this game. This would be a fun, yet big part of the game that people would have fun experiencing.

They could make it where each gang would have a bunch of gigs/quests you could do. Catch is, they need to like you. And to like you, you need have hurt their rival gangs in some way. meaning you won't get gigs/missions from the gangs you've attacked.

Get a high enough standing with a gang and you could have a "call in a favor" special you could use to get a couple guys from the gang to come and help you when you're in fight.

In an open world, they should really make that once you aggro a faction/ npc, all the npcs tied to that faction would actively try to seek you out and kill you: like basically remove "aggro range" all together and that any of those NPCs / enemies are not tied to their locations in the NCPD gigs anymore standing there waiting for you to come by and kill them but actually move toward the player location and try to kill you.

i meet so random encounter about gang war accidenly animal fight with valentios and it not a gig
so i just watch who win and animal was win

gang war system can be implemented at the game maybe in a later date.. maybe upcoming dlc
but why must stop at gang wars. wars is not the only option i love to see alliance too

my suggest for every type of gang war and alliance

NOMAD PATH: no introduction family of 7 clans,
  1. love to see alliances against the corps, fixers and street kids
  2. new camps, new modified battle cars, tanks
  3. make your own guns and weapons hell WE DONT HAVE A BAZOOKA!
  4. would love the bakkers being revive back
  5. side story about v's nomad past his parents, his family, his old gang

STREET KID PATH: we have seen fixers like padre, wakako, dakota, rogue ,Mr. hand and dino all control specific area.
  1. if there is a war and conflict among the gang i would say allegiance will play a part to choose if your in street kid path
  2. 4 types of progression: neutral kid - friendly kid - honorably kid - gang hero
  3. side story for v's street kid life.. maybe a start a new gang!
  4. new base of operation if we choose to create a own gang,
  5. recruit netrunners, bouncers, gunners, etc

CORP PATH: ow we have seen this corps like to throw V in a merry goose chase especially the arasaka's, so if we are in this path
  1. we can create our OWN god damn RELIC, create your own Corpo to boost your reputation against arasaka or other big corp like
    1. weaponry, robots are yours to control
    2. cars, be owner of delamain!!
    3. nightclubs choose nightclubs even buy it from fixers like dino and rogue, consequence may occur
  2. buy information from other big corpo, fixers or nomad clans to boost your corp path to glory or even make war with them
  3. be a good boss or bad one you choose your own
  4. buy or recruit the police, befriend with the mayor, get your own sky taxi
it will be fun to see this, but the bugs are still the biggest issue, need fix a whole lot more.so do keep this in your mind for future CDprojektred your game has so much potential! be like other community games like ffxiv platform! be reborn be greater!

I have edited some details in my suggested GANG WAR NPCs system. Feedback would be very cool, especially from CDPR staff.
Post automatically merged:

Does CDPR read this forum?

Last edited:
Top Bottom