[SOLVED] Enhanced Edition Version (Retail) Number?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
[SOLVED] Enhanced Edition Version (Retail) Number?

This is a work-in-progress FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 , do check it often as new tips are being addedQ: The game was install from the Enhanced Edition DVD but the launcher informs me that a new update is availableA: The latest patch at this moment is 1.4 ( version 1.4.5.1282 actually ), the pressed DVDs in the boxed Enhanced Edition game has version 1.4 too, but the exact version number differs a bit, 1.4.5.1280, the contents are the same, but this small version difference makes the launcher believe a newer version is available._____________________________________________________________-Hi there,I recently purchased and installed the Witcher: Enhanced Edition (the retail version, not patched from the original one).Unless I am very much mistaken, the patching system is mixed up and could lead to some people getting themselves in a mess. When I choose "Check for Updates" on the launch screen it takes me to this page:http://www.thewitcher.com/registration/en/www/patch.html?game_version=1.4.5.1280Now although I already have the Enhanced Edition patched to version 1.4.5.1280, this page seems to indicate that there is still a patch for version 1.4 to download - so I click the link, which takes me here:http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/www/installation_of_twee_in_four_easy_steps.htmlNow hang on a minute! Isn't this the page to download the patch to convert the standard edition to the enhanced edition?!? But I've already got that! Even so, out of curiosity I clicked the "download patch" button to see what happened. It took me here:http://www.sciagnij.pl/programy/p/wiedzmin/4432Say what?!?!?!? Where are the patch download instructions? Oh I know, you are supposed to click the big orange button on the top right, yes? OK...http://www.sciagnij.pl/programy/p/THE_WITCHER_-_ENHANCED_EDITION/4432/1Um... right then. So from what would seem to be a straightforward "Check for Updates" button on my game launcher I have been directed (after some detective work required) to what might be a page to download a patch I don't need for a version of the game I don't have, but I'm not even sure of that because the page I get directed to isn't in English. ??? Now fortunately (if I am right!) I have managed to notice that I already have version 1.4.5.1280 and I hope correctly reached the conclusion that no patch is needed. But I am sure that there are people out there who won't, and will just go along with what seems to be the instructions on screen to download and install a patch, which might well mess their game up. After all the superlative effort that has clearly gone into developing an enhanced edition of one of my favourite games, I find this kind of complacent and confusing situation to be bordering on unforgivable. Someone needs to address this URGENTLY.Oh, and I am still no closer to knowing if the Enhanced Edition itself has a patch available :) [MOD]Added the "fix"[/MOD]

LicaonKter said:
it's ok you have the right thing
Thanks for the response, and confirming that I have done the right thing.But the point remains - it is EXTREMELY easy, with the way these pages are currently laid out, for someone to incorrectly think that they DO need to download the patch. Someone in charge of running those pages needs to be told about this, so they can correct the current confusing situation.

I just bought The Witcher Enhanced Edition box, installed everything. But when I start up the game "Cheak for updates is blinking", so I click it.This brings me to a page telling me I have version 1.4.5.1280. Download the 1.4 version patch. But isnt my version higher than 1.4??

DangerWeld said:
This brings me to a page telling me I have version 1.4.5.1280. Download the 1.4 version patch. But isnt my version higher than 1.4??
Small bug in web-script which do not know last version. EE = 1.4.5.1280 and Patch 1.4 = 1.4.5.1282 - basically the same (difference is in copy protection) - You can ingnore it.

Hello everybody..I just bought today The Witcher ED from a store. I've instaled the game and now my question is: Do I have to install also the 1.4 patch? I receive this message when I check for updates: Currently you have the 1.4.5.1280 version of the gameDownload the 1.4 version patch....Thanks in advance for your answers..

I was under the impression that there is a newer version for those who have purchased the EE - namely a NOCD and Blood Fix is this not the case then?

Fionavar said:
I was under the impression that there is a newer version for those who have purchased the EE - namely a NOCD and Blood Fix is this not the case then?
No, the boxed Enhanced Edition still requires the DVD to be in the drive while playing, and the blood is missing until the fix is installed (both confirmed firsthand).

You are good to go buddy, no downloads are necesarry.If you have any blood effects related problems download the blood fix and you'll be fine ;) .Have fun playing this phnomenal RPG.

Thanks FiOth - might I ask where I would find the blood fix, as it sounds like it is on its own as a d/l? As well, what exactly is the issue - is it that you do not regenerate?

I think it was about the US version - some blood effects do not show properly.You can find it in the main download page I think its called blood fix.

i just bought the witcher enhanced edition from gamestop today and it comes patched up to version 1.4.5.1280 however when i click on the update button it tells me that patch 1.4 is available for download,i dont understand what to do because i thought i already had the latest patches,why would i need v1.4 when i already have v1.4.5 idk,plz help me thnx

It's ok. You have the current version. It'll always say that 1.XX version is avaible for update when you click the "check for update" link.If there is a newer version then your "check the update" link will blink! :peace:

the update option is blinking and its annoying me as i dont want to install an older patch,what do you think is going on here?

Oh wait, you have 1.4.5.1280. The current version is 1.4.5.1282.Sorry for my mistake earlier. If you want the latest version you need to update.Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom