[Solved] Seasonal Tree has Disappeared

+
So I am still pro rank. There are no seasonal trees, no seasonal mode. I did the update, what is wrong?
Post automatically merged:

Update. I quit the game then relaunched it. The rest of the updates appeared. Things like the change in card and toggle feature for play were always there, but seasonal tree and mode were missing. If anyone on PS4 has trouble, just close the game and reopen.

Last edited:
The Season of Love is over; you should have the Season of the Bear tree now.
(If you're not seeing any seasonal tree in the Reward Book, try verify/repair on the game. Worked for me.)

Yes, i can see and access the new Bear tree.

I'm asking about the Love tree. I thought it would be locked ( and a few times i checked, it was indeed ) all season long and would get unlocked today. And now it's just gone. I'm confused...

Seasonal trees are, well, seasonal. The Love tree will be back in February 2020, assuming the system doesn't change.

Lexor

Forum veteran
@bilbo.baggins: seasonal tree disappeared for me as well (there was "empty space" in that place), but when I restated the game, new seasonal tree (of the bear) was there.

I should clarify that i started playing the new "gwent" this month ( i also played some games during the faction challenge ) and i'm not very familiar with how the seasonal trees work.

So, if i understood correctly: February, Season of Love. You get a Season of Love tree, it's locked, you can't interact with it and when the season ends they just delete the tree from the Reward Book? Is that correct? ( and if it is, what was the point of the tree in the first place? )

I should clarify that i started playing the new "gwent" this month ( i also played some games during the faction challenge ) and i'm not very familiar with how the seasonal trees work.

So, if i understood correctly: February, Season of Love. You get a Season of Love tree, it's locked, you can't interact with it and when the season ends they just delete the tree from the Reward Book? Is that correct? ( and if it is, what was the point of the tree in the first place? )

No it isn't correct ;) Every Month of the year have its own season: February was Season of Love. But the Seasonal Trees in January and February were not ready...the devs needed some time to finish the trees and the concept (so they were locked). Now they're ready...but it is March now (tomorrow), so it's a new season with the new reward tree. These trees last for a month, your progress is saved and next year you can continue to fulfill the tree. Season of Love tree comes back in February 2020 and will be not locked anymore (because the devs finish it until then).

No it isn't correct ;) Every Month of the year have its own season: February was Season of Love. But the Seasonal Trees in January and February were not ready...the devs needed some time to finish the trees and the concept (so they were locked). Now they're ready...but it is March now (tomorrow), so it's a new season with the new reward tree. These trees last for a month, your progress is saved and next year you can continue to fulfill the tree. Season of Love tree comes back in February 2020 and will be not locked anymore (because the devs finish it until then).

Oh, i see. So they put unfinished, locked/non interactive trees in the RB, very impressive.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

To be clear, there was no seasonal tree. I was still raining ranked without the drop, leaderboard still said season of love. No seasonal tree for bear, it's like the update only half installed. Some things were different, cards in arena were updated, but most of the stuff didn't install yet.

Wait, wasn't there supposed to be a Season tree in the UI, I'm not seeing this. The middle of my book is empty - https://imgur.com/aYc0rm9 ?

Because the update hasn't been installed.
  1. Try a verify / repair through GOG Galaxy and ensure Galaxy itself is up to date.
  2. If that doesn't work; try to reinstall the game and manually remove the following folders (back up your Thronebreaker save games before that!):
    1. "C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Local\Temp\CDProjektRED"
    2. "C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\LocalLow\CDProjektRED"

Hi there!

My problem is exactly what the title says. I have the latest update, I see the Seasonal play mode and everything.
Maybe I missed something but I can't see any seasonal trees in the Reward Book and there supposed to be two Season of the Bear trees, if I'm correct.

Please, help. ♥

@Arxareon

Because the update hasn't been installed (correctly).
  1. Try a verify / repair through GOG Galaxy and ensure Galaxy itself is up to date.
  2. If that doesn't work; try to reinstall the game and manually remove the following folders (back up your Thronebreaker save games before that!):

@Arxareon

Because the update hasn't been installed (correctly).

I opened a new thread because my problem wasn't that the Love tree disappeared. However, the fix is the same. I tried the repair and it worked nicely. Thanks. :)

Top Bottom