[SOLVED]Stuttering on witcher 3, see original reddit post for details. Please help :(.

+
Do you use any mods? If so, disabling them might help.

Other than that, I‘d close discord and spotify and see if it improves anything.

Also check out your Windows task manager, it can tell you what programs are requiring a lot of attention.

Do you use any mods? If so, disabling them might help.

Other than that, I‘d close discord and spotify and see if it improves anything.

Also check out your Windows task manager, it can tell you what programs are requiring a lot of attention.

Thanks, but I am 100% certain the issue is not caused by a lack of available resources for the game to use.

It's very rare for anything to actually max out my CPU, GPU, RAM or disk. Witcher 3 is no exception.

It‘s still worth trying. And I still don‘t know of you are using any mods?

You can also open Nvidia GeForce Experience and use the optimisation they have for The Witcher.

Or change the Vsync settings of your game, that can help too.

But you can also contact support and see if they have another idea:
https://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

It‘s still worth trying. And I still don‘t know of you are using any mods?

You can also open Nvidia GeForce Experience and use the optimisation they have for The Witcher.

Or change the Vsync settings of your game, that can help too.

But you can also contact support and see if they have another idea:
https://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

I said I tried the V-sync stuff in my post when I linked to the fixes thread.

I'll contact support though.

EDIT: I RESTARTED MY PC FOR ANOTHER ISSUE AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW. IT FUCKING FIXED ITSELF. This actually annoys me because it doesn't even make sense.

Last edited:
It makes sense, even if we can't see the connections yet. Computers are machines that run on mathematical processes. My guess is that it will eventually happen again. Try to keep an eye open and catch the one thing (likely...the one, tiny, miniscule, almost impossibly imperceptible thing...) that happens differently. That will likely be the cause.

If restarting helped, it's likely a matter with a GPU-related program (Nvidia Control Panel, Nvidia Inspector, RTSS, MSI Afterburner, Geforce Experience, etc.). Not sure what you have installed.

It makes sense, even if we can't see the connections yet. Computers are machines that run on mathematical processes. My guess is that it will eventually happen again. Try to keep an eye open and catch the one thing (likely...the one, tiny, miniscule, almost impossibly imperceptible thing...) that happens differently. That will likely be the cause.

If restarting helped, it's likely a matter with a GPU-related program (Nvidia Control Panel, Nvidia Inspector, RTSS, MSI Afterburner, Geforce Experience, etc.). Not sure what you have installed.

I've got GeForce Exp, NCP and Afterburner.

I can confirm that it is not afterburner as that opens with windows and the game ran fine. The control panel is always open along with Afterburner and Experience opens the same so it's not those.

The issue did return today but I've got no clue why. Restarting fixed it so I'll keep searching through trial and error.

Top Bottom