[SOLVED with a MOD] Walking in OTS

+
[SOLVED with a MOD] Walking in OTS

MOD: Walk in OTS mode
JSlash said:
Finally, you can enjoy long walks in your favorite area in OTS camera mode.This mod will give you a new botton for walking, sorry no toggle yet!This is a little rough arround the edges, but it will do until I, or somebody else, will be able to come up with something more convenient.Cheers, and happy witching! :beer:
__________________________________________________________________________________________I really like this game but there is one thing that really sucks:peronally I just can't play in any other camera mode than OTS, but the thing is that you can't walk in this mode (only run)... and why make a beautiful game envirorment when you just run through it? I'm not a modder myself, but I'm guessing that it should be real simple to make a mod where you can toggle a walk mode in OTS mode since all the graphics to make him walk are all there (you can walk in the other camera modes by holding down the LMB close to the character).So my question is: Is there anyone who can make such a mod, or is there any mod like this already?I don't think I'm alone with this request so if there is anyone out there who can take some time with this I, and others, would really appreciate it![MOD]Added the MOD link[/MOD]

Like the graphics eeeeh? :pWell dunno about modding but keep drinking alot of Blizzart potions then everything is in slowmotion ;D

Its not a bug.Its just made that way.But don't worry, many asked for an option to work, and maybe the next patch [1.2] will add a key that would able Geralt to walk, however no one said that it would be for sure...

's pretty stupid, only way around it is to switch to F2 view, hold left shift as you click on a distant spot, and when Geralt starts walking, switch back to F3. Now he'll walk to the spot you defined in F2, but you can look around freely. If he gets interrupted you have to do it all over again....

Using F2, as said, you click shift-click to walk; hold your mouse wheel button down and bring the camera down to behind the shoulder view. It's not much better though. I'm hoping they add OTS walk to the 1.2 patch, as they said they might.

Yeah you're right, but holding the left mouse button and scroll wheel simultaneously is more annoying for me than switching back and forth between F2 and F3.

For role-playing reasons I would love an option to walk. This especially holds true when in people's homes or in small areas.

I don't understand why you can't just stop running and have a look around if you want to gawk at the pretty sights the Dev's put into The Witcher? Why do you need to walk slowly to see them? I saw everything in run mode more then enough times, though I have yet to play the game past the first city zone but that is only because I can't stand the silly autosave feature, saving the game every time I go to a new area or when I leave that same area.Anyway i just don't understand the need to walk slowly, if anything I would like to be able to run faster.

For one, it just looks horrible running everywhere, especially amongst people. It breaks the immersion. For another, it just suits Geralt much better and looks right, and blends properly with the rest of the NPCs. Some people play role-playing games for the role-playing, funnily enough.

I'm not quite sure that being able to walk around in OTS mode is what could be considered "roleplaying", but to each his/her own.However, as much as I'd like to see a walk toggle for OTS (honestly shouldn't be that hard), I'd much rather they focus on fixing bugs, especially for those on Vista for which the common "fixes" don't work.

If you want to walk use the left and right directionals and change the camera angle so that it looks like your looking sideways as you walk forward, perusing your surroundings. You can't run sideways, so you have to walk. :)

This thread is the perfect example of you can't please everyone all the time...Had they made it so you HAD to walk, the other 1/2 of the players would have complained it takes to long to get from A to B and asked to put in autorun! ;D

Alondrix said:
This thread is the perfect example of you can't please everyone all the time...Had they made it so you HAD to walk, the other 1/2 of the players would have complained it takes to long to get from A to B and asked to put in autorun! ;D
Or you could just assign a key as a toggle... ::)

Aequitas said:
I'm not quite sure that being able to walk around in OTS mode is what could be considered "roleplaying", but to each his/her own.However, as much as I'd like to see a walk toggle for OTS (honestly shouldn't be that hard), I'd much rather they focus on fixing bugs, especially for those on Vista for which the common "fixes" don't work.
Roleplaying means playing a role, the role of Geralt in this case. Can you really imagine Geralt running everywhere, even in taverns etc? Have you ever read a book or seen a movie where the protagonist ever runs continuously? It's just a matter of choice and I don't mind people who like to run, just trying to explain some of our point of view, and why it should be an option.I agree, bugs should be fixed as a priority, but as walking is already implemented in the other two views, it shouldn't be too hard to add in OTS.

Khalan said:
Khalan said:
Roleplaying means playing a role, the role of Geralt in this case. Can you really imagine Geralt running everywhere, even in taverns etc? Have you ever read a book or seen a movie where the protagonist ever runs continuously? It's just a matter of choice and I don't mind people who like to run, just trying to explain some of our point of view, and why it should be an option.I agree, bugs should be fixed as a priority, but as walking is already implemented in the other two views, it shouldn't be too hard to add in OTS.
Please take the time to fully read my posts. I am 100% behind getting a walk option for OTS camera mode, as I've made quite clear, and it's more than possible to please both crowds via a toggle, it shouldn't be hard at all. I still don't see it as roleplaying so much as realism, but I also have a more strict definition of what constitutes "roleplaying" than most; I'm not telling you how it should be, just how I see it.

Aequitas said:
I'm not telling you how it should be, just how I see it.
As was I:
Aequitas said:
just trying to explain some of our point of view
I already said it was an opinion, seeing as you thought it wasn't roleplaying. There would be plenty to agree with either of us.I don't want to argue about the definition of roleplaying, as everyone has a different one, I'm saying that to me and probably some others that roleplaying means immersing your self into actually playing a role ie. a character in a game, possibly including, but not instead of, crunching numbers or rearranging stats, or any other roleplaying methods out there.You and others want walking for realism, I and others want walking for roleplaying and realism. No need to argue is there?

Khalan said:
Have you ever read a book or seen a movie where the protagonist ever runs continuously?
Ever seen the movie "Lola rennt"? (Lola runs; http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0130827/) :DAlthough there is no need for walking to prevent dropping down a ledge as that is not possible in this game, I agree that walking would be nice to have as option, especially for the narrow, or indoor, areas.

Yeah, good movie :) Forgot about that one. It's just jarring to always run especially in cramped conditions like a tavern or a corridor.

Top Bottom