[SOLVED with a MOD] Walking in OTS

+
::) who is always run in RPG? I have ply Mass Effect, Elder scroll's, Kotor, Gothics etc... each of those games permit you to walk. It's important for the immersive. ::) Fuck! I will stop to play until there is a possibility of walk in the OTS view!

Hi, finally got out of the tutorial, getting into chapter 1.Question: Is running the only option? I can understand running in the big outdoors. There's a lot of territory to cover. But inside an inn or tavern it's hard not to run into everyone. Is there a "walk" mode?If not, I can live with it - just seems like everyone's in such a hurry all the time, you don't get to enjoy the scenery as much. :pEDIT: Never mind, I guess this got auto-merged into this same thread. He he, I'll go sit back down in my corner now. ::)

MysterD said:
Will walking be an added animation for Witcher: Enhanced?
Like people have said, the animation's already there - You can walk in isometric view, after all. All it takes is setting up a key for toggling between walking and running, so it really shouldn't be that hard to implement.On that note, I join the chorus of people hoping walking will be made an option in OTS by the EE. It's just such a huge immersion killer to be running around like a lunatic all the time, even indoors. No wonder people don't like the witchers if their standard MO is to dash thru the crowded tavern, shoving people aside just so they could say hi to the guy on the other side of the room.

spectralphoenix: Walking would be just an option, the best is a toggle key so you could eventually always running exactly like it's done in current game version.I "second" that walking mode is more than just a detail and could add to mood and immersion. In a threatening area, for looking details to find some hidden stuff, for the pleasure admire the landscape, to fit better with the people around, for all that cases and more, walking could add a lot.

:) I didn't even know there was a walk mode in the game.... damn me for playing it all OTS, but iso just takes you too far away from the fun, in my opinion. And if I tried it now (on my third playthrough) I'd probably get lost a bit. But yeah, bring in the walk mode toggle key, that'd be great! That much easier for wandering around crowded places, but if possible, I'd like to request that it be turned off automatically when you draw a weapon, just to make it a bit easier for those who are a little keyboard unco like myself ;D If not, bugger it, I'll get used to finding the toggle key, but bring in the walking! Ahem.... please? :D

SilverGryphon said:
[...]I'd like to request that it be turned off automatically when you draw a weapon, just to make it a bit easier for those who are a little keyboard unco like myself[...]
Yeah, this'd definitely be sensible. I hated it how in the Mass Effect I had to manually toggle the walking-mode off even in combat. So I'm rolling down the market at my leasure, when suddenly these goons rush in from nowhere and start shooting at me. Do I deftly duck behind the nearby booth, using it as my cover while I evaluate the situation? Do I charge at the goons with my guns blazing, hoping to take them down before they get a good hit in? No, I half-crouch around at snail-pace like I need to drop a load, and the goons gun me down. FFS.

Witcher is a RPG and toggling walk mode would indeed add to the immersion. I vote for walk mode! :peace:

Yea, the "click close to Geralt" thing seems to make him walk, but then, it's like, click, walk a few steps, click, walk a few steps, click...I tend to end up running all the time in any game that will let me, and it's nice in The Witcher when you have to go from one end of the map to the other, but yea, inside buildings it doesn't seem necessary. And since there's magic in this world, how about some kind of transport? That would come in handy.

dieruhe said:
Yea, the "click close to Geralt" thing seems to make him walk, but then, it's like, click, walk a few steps, click, walk a few steps, click...I tend to end up running all the time in any game that will let me, and it's nice in The Witcher when you have to go from one end of the map to the other, but yea, inside buildings it doesn't seem necessary. And since there's magic in this world, how about some kind of transport? That would come in handy.
In ISO you can make him walk all the time by keeping the cursor close to him and the left mouse button down (so you're sorta "dragging" him around). But in OTS there's just no such option.

I really hope the dude can walk in OTS now, but something tells me it won't be implemented. As for workarounds, try going into the isometric mode that lets you tilt the camera. Tilt it so you can see a far off spot in the direction of your destination and put the cursor there. Then hold shift and click to start Geralt walking. Now without touching WASD, go into OTS mode with F3. Geralt will walk to the point you previously designated, and you can spin the camera around with the mouse to look about while he's walking. Don't press any movement keys or he'll stop walking (unless you want to stop) When he nears the destination point just switch back to Isometric, rotate and tilt the camera and choose the next far-off spot. Its like setting way-points. Sounds cumbersome but it works, and i don't even notice the process anymore i use it so much.

Ha Ha. He doesn't seem to be able to walk in the Enhanced Editions OTS view either. Ok Ok I think the devs have made themselves pretty clear about this, but what can you do? Unbelievable even bioshock had a walk toggle patched in.

A huge deception for me and it remains unexplained by CD Project RedThe only comment about "always run" feature appears in this video (min 1:55):http://www.gametrailers.com/player/39230.html?type=Please, somebody tell me if I hear right:
Geralt is kind of... Forrest Gump. He goes running. Run, run, run Geralt, run. But it keeps ____ feet, and that's important for a Witcher.
???

Yeah I don't understand how 'run-lock' serves the game, even abortions like NWN2 gained walk toggles eventually, and that game was beyond help....

Rhodenbarr said:
A huge deception for me and it remains unexplained by CD Project RedThe only comment about "always run" feature appears in this video (min 1:55):http://www.gametrailers.com/player/39230.html?type=Please, somebody tell me if I hear right:
Geralt is kind of... Forrest Gump. He goes running. Run, run, run Geralt, run. But it keeps ____ feet, and that's important for a Witcher.
???
Yeah. I saw that too. It is almost as if he is mocking all the people who wanted "walk" in. Sort of saying "Yeah, we heard you. And here's your answer."

The sole reason that I more often than not use one of the isometric views in the game is to make Geralt walk, sometimes it's a RPG thing for me, but mostly it's just a way of getting Geralt to move where I want him to move to. For example playing one of the EE mini campaigns, I had to get down some stairs, and Geralt kept turn in circles and not picking up that he was supposed to walk down the stairs, I eventually had to just click somewhere down on the platform below and hope that he found his way. Anyway it sure would be nice to see this included in a patch or further enhancement to the game to take it to the OTS view as well, maybe just pop in a control key like the caps lock or numlock to make him switch betwen running all the time and walking all the time, but please if you do it, do it for both iso and ots so that people have a choice.Ahhh good, thanks to the poster below me because the herky jerkies of him walking and then breaking out into a run again, then walking, then running if the mouse gets too far away is just about enough to throw me into seizures with all the jerkiness of it.

Top Bottom