[SOLVED with a MOD] Walking in OTS

+
3rd patch and still not walk on OST???Thats lame....i hope u some1 will make a mod or add on the upcomin Witcher enhanced...

I also would like to be able to walk when needed --------------- I like to explore around in a game as much as I like to fight ------------ I agree that the bodies fade out to fast sometimes when your in the heat of battle couple of times missed an item I knew I needed just because Geralt only can run around like a scared rabbit than the great Witcher he is --------- don't get me wrong love the game but a Witcher would not need to run all the timein "Fate" you can do both and both come in handy when needed -------------- in most games I'ved played had some kind of option of movement I play keyboard and mouse cause I like it up close ---------- running is not always the best way to play that wayI play RPG's pc games and pen and paper so I know I wouldn't be running all the timereguardless what anyone says I'm Role Playing against the people who designed the game ------------- I have to figure out what they are thinking without the option of hearing or seeing their faces for detailsHappy Witching

Hey guys, been playing this game and having a blast. I didn't like the fact that he runs all the time, thought it was pretty unrealistic. But whatever i just shut up about it. Yesterday i showed my friend the gameplay trailer of the game and noticed that Geralt could actually walk, auto run off. Is this possible? Or did they scratch that off the game? I couldn't find it in the controls. Thanks.

MarwanBaki said:
Hey guys, been playing this game and having a blast. I didn't like the fact that he runs all the time, thought it was pretty unrealistic. But whatever i just shut up about it. Yesterday i showed my friend the gameplay trailer of the game and noticed that Geralt could actually walk, auto run off. Is this possible? Or did they scratch that off the game? I couldn't find it in the controls. Thanks.
It's not currently possible. The issue is quite high on the wishlist for the EE/a sequel, though so far nothing has been said whether or not a walking mode will be implemented in the future. Unless I missed something, of course :)

Depends also in which view you play the game, if you play in one of the isometric view, keep the cursor close to Geralt body and he will walk :)

Mobidoy said:
Depends also in which view you play the game, if you play in one of the isometric view, keep the cursor close to Geralt body and he will walk :)
Correct, of course :) I tend to forget that there even are isometric view modes. I use OTS exclusively, it's just more immersive.

Walking mode would be a nice addition, but other than the fact that it would increase the realism of the game I don't see any real practical reason for it to be in the game (IMO)

Fletchbren said:
Walking mode would be a nice addition, but other than the fact that it would increase the realism of the game I don't see any real practical reason for it to be in the game (IMO)
Well, it would make controlling Geralt's movements a bit easier, especially in cramped places. Plus, I'd love to have him walk sometimes so I can better admire the beautiful scenery :)

Nimue said:
Nimue said:
Well, it would make controlling Geralt's movements a bit easier, especially in cramped places. Plus, I'd love to have him walk sometimes so I can better admire the beautiful scenery :)
Scenery ?Is it another term for Geralt Butt ?

Mobidoy said:
Mobidoy said:
Mobidoy said:
Scenery ?Is it another term for Geralt Butt ?
Now that you mention it, that's certainly a part of it ]:-> Although I was thinking more of my favourite place in the game - the lakeside in Chapter IV.

I like the way assassins creed implemented walking-Its a form of stealth, after all, people are less prone to suspicion when a character comes walking down a street, instead of dashing through pushing civilians. Or the diablo system of running, which costs stamina (endurance?)

Halfthought said:
I like the way assassins creed implemented walking-Its a form of stealth, after all, people are less prone to suspicion when a character comes walking down a street, instead of dashing through pushing civilians. Or the diablo system of running, which costs stamina (endurance?)
you're right, would that affect the stamina ;), and not well go running through the city :p.

My only concern is that if you force Geralt to walk some of the time, some of the bigger, emptier, maps (Act IV fields, anyone?) might get a bit boring after a while.

:-[ It's strange for a RPG to not have the possibiliy of walking (especially in the close environments like tavern) It's no good for immersion.Thanks for your answers

Honeslty i havent found a spot where i would use walking yet, my most used key is ALT, just look around and find what/who you need and go there

Actually, I can make Geralt walk by keeping the cursor VERY close to him, but it's kind of more trouble than it's worth. Guess he was Born to Run :whistle:

Top Bottom