[SOLVED with a MOD] Walking in OTS

+
Yes running is the only option!From this Day on this thread is mine! Only mine!!!!! So run away you little slimy, scurvy, sluggish forum members whazaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaGet out of here all of you!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:WahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHJHJHJHHhjhjhjHJJHJHJJH67676877787877776Im starting to count:10987654321Booooooooom - hehehehehehehe :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

Hey Mr.Troll, you really try to be mean, don't you. But you have to learn a lot more about that! You should aks Eriash to teach you, that guy really knows how to be mean! :p

MrTroll said:
Yes running is the only option!From this Day on this thread is mine! Only mine!!!!! So run away you little slimy, scurvy, sluggish forum members whazaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaGet out of here all of you!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:WahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHJHJHJHHhjhjhjHJJHJHJJH67676877787877776Im starting to count:10987654321Booooooooom - hehehehehehehe :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:
If you won't stop, you'll have to pass exam of knowledge about every soap opera since even!!!

MrTroll said:
You have a big problem: I've just called our favourite immortal Rambo. He will use his special grenade-arrows and shot you between your horrible eyes.

Hmm, Mr Troll thinks, that stopping a spammer is more difficult, than take care of two "never-tired-always-running-and-talking" little kiddies.. ;D ...Well, I CAN STOP these kids of mine...what do you think, I can do with YOU? :whistle:

This thread is quite interesting, The Witcher has been released since one year, two year? I don't remember but a long time anyway. And suddenly people discover that walking isn't possible and that it's an absolute nightmare. Life over the net is strange..

Life over the net is strange indeed, especially when we have a Troll on the loose! I've always thought trolls appreciated big boobs and fancy underwear, or the lack of it, on fine women, because that is what I hear is in store for all the trolls that stop the spamming. Oh well, guess trolls just don't have the Geralt in them unlike all the others do, that's too bad. Poor troll... actually, now that I think of it, that might indeed be the problem behind his self-esteem and thus he has to spam to make himself feel better! I've solved the case! :wave:

Serdinq said:
This thread is quite interesting, The Witcher has been released since one year, two year? I don't remember but a long time anyway. And suddenly people discover that walking isn't possible and that it's an absolute nightmare. Life over the net is strange..
We aren't "just discovering it". Most of the people who had the game for a while were hoping that walk would be introduced in patches. For the people that just bought the game, they are wondering why walk isn't in. If you have nothing to contribute, then please don't comment.The net is strange indeed.

Rocinante said:
Rocinante said:
We aren't "just discovering it". Most of the people who had the game for a while were hoping that walk would be introduced in patches. For the people that just bought the game, they are wondering why walk isn't in. If you have nothing to contribute, then please don't comment.The net is strange indeed.
Yeah it does seem strange doesn't it.

It is a pitty why a walk feature/toggle can't even be put in a patch as running around and pushing npc's out the way just gets a bit boring ???

I've been playing CRPG's since the 1980's, starting with Wizardry I on the Apple II.The Witcher is definitely one of the best CRPG's ever. It's got everything from freeform exploration, good story, interesting characters, and an attention to detail. Well, all except one important detail, the inability to not RUN in the game.Those of us from a more, ahem, "mature" set appreciate a somewhat more intellectualy bent to our games. That doesn't mean that we don't anjoy combat, dungeon crawling, etc. But it does mean that we tend to take our time, savor the moment, and think our way through most games. I know I'm generalizing, but that is the point that all the "pro-walkers" in this and other threads here at the Witcher forums regarding walking are getting at -- we like to "pretend" that we're cautiously, carefully exploring the environment, and not RUNNING through it all in an effort to explore everything as FAST as possible.Life is all about stopping and smelling the roses. I wish Geralt would do the same.

Whilst I do agree the absence of a walk option is a bit of a discrepancy, I actually tend to get my sword out and set it to Fast to make Geralt move more swiftly :D I'm a busy girl, I've got places to go, people to see :)
MrTroll said:
From this Day on this thread is mine! Only mine!!!!! So run away you little slimy, scurvy, sluggish forum members whazaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaGet out of here all of you!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
If you insinuate that I should tolerate such diabolical insolence from an insignificant microbe such as yourself, you are under a vast misaprehension. Stand aside. You may find navigation easier if you remove your head from behind your sphincter.

lovelypsycho said:
Whilst I do agree the absence of a walk option is a bit of a discrepancy, I actually tend to get my sword out and set it to Fast to make Geralt move more swiftly :D I'm a busy girl, I've got places to go, people to see :)
How do you get your sword out when not in battle? I thought Geralt ran faster when his sword was exposed but clicking on the sword icon in the upper left of the screen doesn't seem to make him whip it out.

Kuplo said:
How do you get your sword out when not in battle? I thought Geralt ran faster when his sword was exposed but clicking on the sword icon in the upper left of the screen doesn't seem to make him whip it out.
Sorry sorry sorry, I'm an idiot! For the second time in two days, I've posted an incomplete thought without explaining myself properly. I apologise. Yeah, Geralt will only whip his sword out in dangerous areas. Which precludes most of the 'civilised' or 'nice' areas :D I can get a fair bit of speed up in the Temple Quarter at night, but the silly bugger keeps sheathing his sword in the Trade Quarter at night, despite the giant creepy-crawlies everywhere! :D

hehe, I can't tell if people here are taking the obvious joke-troll serious or are merely playing along. bravo fake-joke-troll. but seriously, I don't need to post my entire CRPG-résumé to explain what's so disturbing about the No-Walk feature: The devs, in over a year, haven't publicly addressed it one way or another. Tell us to suck-it-up! And we will, the game is spectacular! We'll still play in spite of auto-run. We'll also stop complaining (psyche!).Tell us you're going to add a [walk-toggle] in the next patch and it's win win. The animation is already embedded. Win win. My wife is starting to enjoy Witcher, and she said the "auto run" feels very console'ish... but I had to remind her that since consoles have Analog pads now, all console RPGs allow "walk" by slightly pressing the analog. So that makes The Witcher's gameplay all the more crude in comparison.

Seriously if we are talking about controls, there are much more serious points to improve that this walk thing:
  • Some keys cannot be redefined because they are stick to a special control, for example space key is glued to pause.
  • No mouse button can be redefined.
  • Some actions freeze any other action during a short time, I quoted sheathing in/out and jumps. That break a bit the fights fluidity.

ah but Serding, we can learn to play with locked button presets. likewise, we can learn to "not jump" during combat. we cannot walk in the game's 3D camera-mode. it's a far bigger problem, IMHO.

All the NWN engine-games I've ever seen, the player character runs. If you think about it, it would seem a bit unrealistic. But then if you think some more, in the Witcher you're playing a guy who drinks poisonous substances to enhance his body's already superhuman capabilities. Don't you think in that perspective, taking issue with him being able to trot everywhere at a leisurely pace when even (for all intents and purposes) normal people in the real world are capable of training their bodies to the point where they can run at over 20km/h average for ~2 hours or about 15km/h for over 6 hours seems a bit petty?I seriously do not get the grounds for this complaint. Did you complain about the sound of the Tie fighters as they flew by in the Star Wars films? Do you have a gripe about lasers being used as small firearms in every sci-fi movie/tv series despite some epic real-world size issues like this:
The ammunition in Yamamoto's new solid-state laser is a set of four-inch square transparent slabs tinged with the slightest hint of purple. They're exactly what you'd expect to find powering the cannons on board the Enterprise or the Millennium Falcon.A magazine of these see-through slabs isn't exactly infinite, though; for every 10 seconds they fire, they need at least a minute to cool off. But the slabs—ceramics infused with the element neodymium, the atoms that, when excited, produce the photons that eventually become the laser beam—can never be drained of their potency. And they're a lot less hassle than bulky chemical tubs. They're a big reason why Yamamoto's machine squeezes into a single [size=10pt]30-foot-long lab[/size]. It's not hard to imagine the whole thing [size=10pt]packed into a small truck[/size], knocking mortars out of the air.
(emphasis mine)? Do you categorically refuse to watch films in which cars explode simply because they're not sitting on (all) four wheels after a crash? Did you disgustedly walk out the cinema when the crowd in the arena in The Gladiator once again confirmed the thumbs up/down signals misconception despite the truth being actually quite well known? I'm not saying there aren't things even in the Witcher that take away from the immersion from time to time. I just think that making a big thing out of this running makes you miss out on a lot of really quite good games (not just the Witcher).

Top Bottom