[SOLVED with a MOD] Walking in OTS

+
JSlash said:
What exactly is updated??
From the description:
- Improved "walk mod" (author of original mod - J_Slash, thanks again for fantastic work!) allowing to walk using OST (TPP) cameraTo use this feature, bind a key to new walk function in game options
I haven't used your mod before I got this one, so I can't tell what's been improved - you have to ask flash for the technicalities. Very useful mod anyway, so a lot of cudos to you! :beer:

JSlash said:
JSlash said:
Just so you know, flash_in_the flesh has updated the mod by J_Slash as part of Insane Difficulty mod, and it works a treat :). Although I think the whole mod package is wonderful and makes the Witcher as difficult as it should have been from the beginning, you can choose to install only the Walk mod.
What exactly is updated??
sorry i missed your question. your mod gives an option to bind a walk key in controls however walk entry in options is blank. i updated descriptions so its no longer blank.

Hi there! I thought It would be great if developers could make a little fix that could add a feature, which allows Geralt to walk while the camera is behind him. Just like he could in some trailer I saw earlier, I guess. :) I spent a lot of time reading through tall kinds of forums and fan sites, and came across countless numbers of similar topics. It's a little detail, but I think it will make the impression of the game even greater :p

http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=18665.0Search better next time :beer:Here is a mod: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=18665.0;attach=23501 (the same You will find in there :p)

-COLD- said:
Omg :D I feel like getting out of some cave after living there for years :DThanks a lot! ;D
Take a deep breath of fresh air then :DNo problem :) A pleasure to help from time to time ;)(You may close the topic on Your own btw.)

Hi guys does anyone know how to grant Geralt the ability to walk in OTS camera mode? My rig is a leaning towards the low-end and cannot load certain NPC filled areas as fast as Geralt moves, resulting in a jerky, awkward experience.I do not want to simply change to another camera mode in which it is possible to walk because I feel that doing so takes a lot away from the game experience(it is visually less appealing and quite simply boring to play with just the mouse!).I do not want to turn all of his movement into walking either(for the sake of Geralt's self preservation, of course!), I just want to create a "walk button" like the ones that can be found in many, if not most other games.And I also do not want to reduce the visual settings because the game runs at between 20-30 fps in most other cases.Surely this must be possible because Geralt is able to walk sideways in OTS...

Vansen said:
I don't understand why you can't just stop running and have a look around if you want to gawk at the pretty sights the Dev's put into The Witcher? Why do you need to walk slowly to see them? I saw everything in run mode more then enough times, though I have yet to play the game past the first city zone but that is only because I can't stand the silly autosave feature, saving the game every time I go to a new area or when I leave that same area.Anyway i just don't understand the need to walk slowly, if anything I would like to be able to run faster.
Well,sometimes the NPCs walk,and you cant just walk along with them,you have to run,stop,run,stop,run,stop.That gets tiring.,and,personally,I dont know what you mean by the autosave.I dont get that,with both patches.

Top Bottom