some cyberpunk textures, specially more distant ones look really bad

+
Hey, i've been trying to play the game these last days, but the game looks really bad. Some fences ''move'', hair looks really bad, etc...
I have a few examples of what im saying here
I reinstalled the game, gpu drivers, removed full screen optimization, tried the game both with and without raytracing, srr, installed a mod to remove taa and aa and it always looks the same. I can't really play the game looking like that, some textures look really, and i mean really bad. I also fing ghosting arround npcs walking in the street.

I have a i5-4590, rx 66000xt and 8gb of ram.

EDIT: I used the reset my pc option, installed the game and it looks exactly the same

Last edited:
I reinstalled the game, gpu drivers
Look bad indeed :(
So for both, you did a clean install ?
AMD
I. Uninstall your graphics drivers using the AMD Cleanup Utility software.
II. Download and clean install the latest drivers from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support

Look bad indeed :(
So for both, you did a clean install ?
AMD
I. Uninstall your graphics drivers using the AMD Cleanup Utility software.
II. Download and clean install the latest drivers from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support
Yes, i did

Can you check if turning off "Screen Space Reflection Quality" on the graphic settings change something ?

Sadly, I can't help much further, but if it's not already done, I highly suggest to send a ticket directly to the support for help ("Contact Us" button)
Including as much details as possible.

I already did that, both off and psycho, it doesn't solve the problem
what 's your setting graphics
what's your screen resolution display ( are using the same resolution , native resolution on your PC )
your screen is internal or external ( some few rare case HDMI 1.2 or is it the newst port )
are using FSR and Cas fidely fx both of them or only FSR 2.1 , and with one setting ..?

what's your power management plan both for CPU , GPU
temp cpu / GPU ..?

I use the medium preset with SSR, film grain, chromatic aberration, dept of field, lens flare, notion blur and both fsr and cas fidelity FX off
I'm playing at 1080p which is the same resolution as my monitor

How do I see my power management? I'm using a desktop btw
Both CPU and GPU temps are cool
Post automatically merged:

Sadly, I can't help much further, but if it's not already done, I highly suggest to send a ticket directly to the support for help ("Contact Us" button)
Including as much details as possible.
I sent one Monday, I'm waiting for a reply
Post automatically merged:

what 's your setting graphics
what's your screen resolution display ( are using the same resolution , native resolution on your PC )
your screen is internal or external ( some few rare case HDMI 1.2 or is it the newst port )
are using FSR and Cas fidely fx both of them or only FSR 2.1 , and with one setting ..?

what's your power management plan both for CPU , GPU
temp cpu / GPU ..?
I use the medium preset with SSR, film grain, chromatic aberration, dept of field, lens flare, notion blur and both fsr and cas fidelity FX off
I'm playing at 1080p which is the same resolution as my monitor

How do I see my power management? I'm using a desktop btw
Both CPU and GPU temps are cool

some feedbacks
at 1080p , until you set SSR at ultra/spycho you'll get some noise on screen
( both option , off or ultra at least )

volumetrique fog , same issues here
set off or at least Ultra

dynamic decal , at least on hight

with your spec (config pc ) , i recommand depth of field turn it on , FOV 85/90

lower distant shadow quality to low , same for local shadow

turn on cap fps ( try 60 or 45 )

the thing , this game is based on light / reflexion , SSR , voluletrique Fog , dynamic decal will on some case on the feeling the screen get "sharp" , specially at 1080p

don't forget to try LoD on hight setting

you may lost some few fps but you'll get the game get some sharpness and clarity
if you want more fps turn on FSR 2.1 ( on quality mode ) , but game get more "noise" , blurry image so you need to increase some setting
all the main goal when it comes setting graphics on this cyberpunk 2077 , find the balance , fluidity , clarity , sharpness .
we can't get at 1080p ,both top quality image and max fps :)

the other thing try
launch your game , reset by default your setting graphics , apply , load a save .
then exit the game , set your proper setting graphics , apply , and relaunch the game

with your config ,
try crowd density on low ( crowd density having a huge impact performance on this game )

some feedbacks
at 1080p , until you set SSR at ultra/spycho you'll get some noise on screen
( both option , off or ultra at least )

volumetrique fog , same issues here
set off or at least Ultra

dynamic decal , at least on hight

with your spec (config pc ) , i recommand depth of field turn it on , FOV 85/90

lower distant shadow quality to low , same for local shadow

turn on cap fps ( try 60 or 45 )

the thing , this game is based on light / reflexion , SSR , voluletrique Fog , dynamic decal will on some case on the feeling the screen get "sharp" , specially at 1080p

don't forget to try LoD on hight setting

you may lost some few fps but you'll get the game get some sharpness and clarity
if you want more fps turn on FSR 2.1 ( on quality mode ) , but game get more "noise" , blurry image so you need to increase some setting
all the main goal when it comes setting graphics on this cyberpunk 2077 , find the balance , fluidity , clarity , sharpness .
we can't get at 1080p ,both top quality image and max fps :)

the other thing try
launch your game , reset by default your setting graphics , apply , load a save .
then exit the game , set your proper setting graphics , apply , and relaunch the game

with your config ,
try crowd density on low ( crowd density having a huge impact performance on this game )
I did that and I still have the same issue, is it possible that I don't have enough ram?

According to the requirements, 8GB is the very minimum (for 1080 and graphics on low) :(
So I can't imagine that you should be able to play with RT with the (very) minimum of RAM, even if you GPU allow RTX.

According to the requirements, 8GB is the very minimum (for 1080 and graphics on low) :(
So I can't imagine that you should be able to play with RT with the (very) minimum of RAM, even if you GPU allow RTX.

Yeah but it's only one ddr3 stick

Did you check your RAM usage while playing ?
Not an expert, but if the game don't have enough RAM available, it doesn't help (like still using low resolution textures instead of high resolution ones, because it's unable to load them).

Not an expert, but if the game don't have enough RAM available, it doesn't help (like still using low resolution textures instead of high resolution ones, because it's unable to load them).
Yeah, I have to checks, but it's probably that

Yeah, my RAM usage is at 100% everytime im playing the game

Yeah, my RAM usage is at 100% everytime im playing the game
Ok, I can't say if it's the only/main "reason" of low resolution textures, but I think it doesn't help.

Edit : Did you try to set all the graphic options on low in 1080 (the lowest possible like it's recommended for "only" 8GB of RAM), to see if it's "better" and if you don't fulfill entirely your RAM ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom