Some Iconic weapons not re-craftable if salvaged

+
I salvaged the Dying Light iconic gun before I realized iconic guns where the only thing I could display in the stash room of V's appartment.

However, unlike the Buzzsaw iconic SMG, you cannot craft the Dying Light rare version without having the Dying Light uncommon version, which is not an item you can get.

Please either make the uncommon version craftable or remove the requirement from the rare version so we can craft that instead.

I made the same mistake. No epic Black Unicorn for me. That's just dumb.

Why not have the message: Cannot be scrapped or sold, only stored.

I feel like i have to start over, but i hope they change it instead.

My friend above said: "Please either make the uncommon version craftable or remove the requirement from the rare version so we can craft that instead."
Bang on my friend! Bang on!
Post automatically merged:

How does one display guns btw. My racks are empty even though i have plenty of Iconic weapons in stach. What am i doing wrong?

I made the same mistake. No epic Black Unicorn for me. That's just dumb.

Why not have the message: Cannot be scrapped or sold, only stored.

I feel like i have to start over, but i hope they change it instead.

My friend above said: "Please either make the uncommon version craftable or remove the requirement from the rare version so we can craft that instead."
Bang on my friend! Bang on!
Post automatically merged:

How does one display guns btw. My racks are empty even though i have plenty of Iconic weapons in stach. What am i doing wrong?
They have to be unique iconic weapons for example I received a sniper called overwatch from one of the main missions (avoiding spoilers) when that is put in my apartment stash it appears on the wall rack

I'm not really interested in cheating, but I would love to have some console command to let me spawn in the iconics that I've disassembled.

I'd prefer to have a recipe (hell, make it super expensive) to recreate them, and then I can upgrade from there - You know, like the game popup implied when it said "you found an iconic weapon, now you get a crafting recipe"

Yes - please add a feature, so that epic and or iconic weapons can be recovered or crafted without having the original item anymore.

I did not know about the upgrade-feature and did dismantle or sold all my iconics so far :(

Please help!

The first time you get an iconic weapon, it tells you everything about them and to store and not scrap them. I do think you should be able to re-craft the base weapon though, as it stands the biggest issue is mods, you cannot add them to an iconic until you craft a max level one, since you can never recover mods placed in an iconic without destroying the weapon forever.

It would be great if you can buy or craft iconic Items. I accidently sold my iconic weapons with the plan to craft them later in the game. I didn't know you need to have the original weapon to use the blueprints

Last edited:
It would be great if you can buy or craft iconic Items. I accidently sold my iconic weapons with the plan to craft them later in the game. I didn't know you need to have the original weapon to use the blueprints
Same. I wasn't paying enough attention very early on to the crafting/upgrade systems, so weapons like Dying Night (great easter egg btw) I accidentally either sold or dismantled and didn't realize until it was far too late. So now i'm kinda screwed on that front.

Craft in this game is [...]. Never seen that in years.
Imagine a sec.... have to clic 4000 times to craft somes legendary items. Then imagine applying a 0.8 sec cast time on each clic...then imagine.... having a fully working stack system to sell or savlage and not applying it to the craft system for no [...] reason.
Just imagine...
I have no idea how you can come out with such a [...] garbage system after 7 years of production.
Maybe someone from CDPR can answer that????

How hard is it to create a system that llow you to research blueprint in some way, or having a chance to proc the next upgrade blueprint by crafting lower tier items.

Jumping on this, I dismanteld my black unicorn katana, then since I couldn't craft it I spent all game leveling up my technical ability/crafting to 18, which is when it says you unlock the specs for iconic items. It did not unlock! Please give an option of re-crafting all iconics, even if it is tied to the 18 crafting perk

Jumping on this, I dismanteld my black unicorn katana, then since I couldn't craft it I spent all game leveling up my technical ability/crafting to 18, which is when it says you unlock the specs for iconic items. It did not unlock! Please give an option of re-crafting all iconics, even if it is tied to the 18 crafting perk
Similar, Dying Night accidentaly dismantled it while clearning alot of weapons out of my inventory at the time, by the time I noticed it was too late the game auto quicksave was already gone. Did an internet surch and the lv 18 crafting perk came up as an option, when I finaly got to 18 nothing unlocked. Kinda pissed about that cause I wanted to get that Iconic back and I still have the rare crafting spec, not even doing a console edit to add the weapon back in, still wouldn't let me craft the rare.

I'm in the same situation with Dying Night. Accidentally dismantled LONG ago and no way to get it back without basically restarting the entire game... which considering I'm done with probably 70+ or more of the game is not something I want to do yet. When I beat it and want to try a new background? Sure, ok.

The ironic thing is that this crap is so easy to fix/prevent. Let us lock gear, make iconic weapons and gear unable to be deconstructed, bring up a pop-up 'This is iconic, are you sure you want to deconstruct it?' prompt, hell, even add everything that you at least had at one point to the lv 18 crafting iconic blueprints perk. It is so simple, so many other games have done it, that it is mind-boggling how this one doesn't have that feature already.

What does this level-perk even do?

You get some legendary clothings to craft if I remember correctly.. But besides that? I thought this perk is exactly for what happened in the thread.

Top Bottom