Some ideas for Crafting Revamp / Food overhaul / Romance

+
Thought since I found this suggestion board that I'd offer up some of the ideas I've been thinking about for this game, so I'll just get right into it.

First thing; Separation of the Crafting Tree from the Tech stat:

As someone who has leveled Tech to 18 on all four of my characters and only bothered investing a few points into Engineering on ONE of them, I'd say that crafting's reliance on an entire stat is a massively bad decision and the stat as a whole is in a pretty rough place. Crafting is just one of those things that nearly every player is going to want to have or they'll be missing out on an entire portion of this game's looting and gear scene if they don't have it, which is why I propose that it becomes its own thing, completely separate from any stat's investment.

My idea is this; give the crafting skill its own category, under just that - the crafting menu. You level it up as you would any other skill, except, at certain levels, you flat out gain whatever perks you would have learned within the perk tree. For example; at level 5 you gain access to True Craftsman which lets you outright craft any Rare schematics you've obtained, at 12 you gain Grease Monkey (Epic) and at 18 you gain Edgerunner Artisan (Legendary), just like gaining Tech stats and being able to purchase these. All the other skills like item refunding, cost reduction and so forth would also be gained at various levels.

Secondly; the addition of an entirely new Tech skill tree called Cyberware (or any other snazzy name you want to use):

This tree would be entirely dedicated to enhancing Cyberware and your proficiency with Cyberware enhancements. Some perk ideas I had (Names are just obvious placeholders) were things like:
- Cyberpsycho: Increases damage dealt by 1% for every piece of Cyberware installed into V.
- Big Brain: Increases Frontal Cortex Cyberware slots by 1
- Skeletron: Increases Skeleton Cyberware slots by 1
- Other Cyberware slot increases
- Leapfrog: Increases proficiency with Leg Cyberware. Additional jump distance for Fortified Ankles / Additional stealth speed for Lynx Paws / Triple Jump for Reinforced Tendons.
- Matter over Mind: Increases duration of Sandevistan or Berserk OS.
- Man-at-Arms (likely a 16 or 18 Tech requirement skill): Allows V to equip two arm Cyberware (just like some characters are seen with in the Edgerunners Anime).
- Dual OS (Tech 20 requirement): Allows V to equip a Cyberdeck along with either a Sandevistan or Berserk OS.

I realize that the dual Arm Cyberware and dual OS might be a bit powerful but obviously these are just examples and I'm not expecting these to ever be implemented, just entertained as possible ideas. I feel like this would be an incredibly great time to give Cyberware some much needed love and allow people to invest in Tech to get a little more bang for their buck with Cyberware and make them shine. Allowing V to equip more Cyberware mods also means more things to spend cash on and allowing them to become even more chromed out to achieve what some characters have in the lore of Cyberpunk 2077.

Third suggestion - Romantic encounters with randomly generated street NPCs:

My idea is that there's an app V can install, something like "Night Stands" (probably a bad name). With this app, allows you to romance randomly selected NPCs on the street (not talking about EVERY NPC, maybe loading a different one every block or so), standing around or in buildings. Once the app is installed / enabled, it will place a heart icon above them. These NPCs can be interacted with using up to 3 dialogue options. The first two are either correct/incorrect answers to get the NPC interested in V while the third option is a stat check dialogue choice chosen at random or perhaps one that matches with the style or area where you found the NPC. For example; lovers found in Japantown might respond better to Body or Cool, where as Corpo Plaza might react to Intelligence or Reflexes. After which, the NPC can be brought back to one of V's apartments for a "scene" as you would have with a Joytoy and that's it; not overly complicated but gives us a few more options at least and should be fairly easy to add due to being randomly generated bystanders.

Fourth and final suggestion - Meal spots:

I'll keep this one relatively short. Basically, there are a LOT of places like diners, restaurants and food stands which have so much more potential than being generic consumable vendors. I propose that these be turned into places where V can actually sit down, order from a few items on a menu while viewing the buffs that they'd give and enjoy a short cutscene of chowing down. This will provide some nifty buffs for a duration while adding a little more immersion to Night City. That's it.

As a final note, I've been playing since launch and have been having a blast with the game, having nearly 1000 hours clocked across all my characters, these are just a few things that popped into my head while playing and I thought I'd lay them out. As I said, I don't know if anyone will even read this. The concepts should be relatively straightforward and everything else was just me taking liberties with examples. Thanks for reading this far.

Last edited:
Top Bottom