Some Issues Worth Consideration (Strictly Design Problems, Nothing of the Technical Variety)

+

Some Issues Worth Consideration (Strictly Design Problems, Nothing of the Technical Variety)

• I Agree With Point 1

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • I Agree With Point 2

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I Agree With Point 3

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I Agree With Point 4

Votes: 54 78.3%
  • I Agree With Point 5

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • I Agree With Point 6

Votes: 34 49.3%

• Total voters
I guess I didn't mind the scaling since it gave me a reason to return to areas. I don't like when games level lock certain areas rendering them completely pointless later in the game. I also liked how they handled the skill system. My only 'gameplay' gripe, other than the wacky movement controls I guess, was that I wanted them to make it harder. I was coming from Scholar of the First Sin and...well, yeah. I wish it was a bit more challenging and unforgiving but maybe I'm alone in that regard. It would have been nice to have enemies punish you more for bad dodges, rolling too much, countering vs. not countering and parrying should have taken health away. I also felt there weren't enough armored enemies, but maybe I'm just forgetting things. I really wanted more frequency of other monster types, especially harder monster types. It seems like there were the ubiquitous drowners, wolves, and ghouls (to a lesser extent), and more of the higher level monsters were fliers, but I was really taken with the Carnal Sins quest, the werewolf one, etc. It just made me want more.

I do agree wholeheartedly with number 2, and also with 4 and 5. But as Zero mentioned, there are a lot of threads dedicated to those topics.

Either way, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Strongly disagree with 1.
Partly agree with 2 and disagree with 3
Agree with 4 and 6
Strongly agree with 5

4 and 5 for sure.

About 6, I don't care how much nudity is shown, but I want to see something more interesting in the context or interactions. Check the scene in w2 for reference...

Definitely not to 1.

About 2, we are all spoiled anyway, so what's the point now?

3 nope.

Strongly disagree with 1.
Partly agree with 2 and disagree with 3
Agree with 4 and 6
Strongly agree with 5

would've been nice if you offered reasoning (especially about the 1) and offered thoughts on whether its fine as it is or what could be "better" alternatives.

I feel like when it comes to scaling people don't fully understand the issue or what the OP is talking about.

Having played a lot of heavily modded Skyrim, many of these points can be fixed with modding and probably will be. In fact if Skyrim is any indication, there will be nudity galore, if you want it, and there will be skill/leveling overhauls.

Point #4 will be most difficult to mod as it will require voice acting, although I'm sure a clever modder will be able to piece together some additional interaction with the resources already in the game. Now we just have to wait for CDPR to release their modding kit, hopefully soon.

Having played a lot of heavily modded Skyrim, many of these points can be fixed with modding and probably will be. In fact if Skyrim is any indication, there will be nudity galore, if you want it, and there will be skill/leveling overhauls.

Point #4 will be most difficult to mod as it will require voice acting, although I'm sure a clever modder will be able to piece together some additional interaction with the resources already in the game. Now we just have to wait for CDPR to release their modding kit, hopefully soon.

Sadly, I'm a console user so there's no hope for me in modding.

Top Bottom