Some of the changes coming in the next patch (1.04/1.05)

+
Hi! I'm new here and I just want to say the game is awesome and I also have a simple suggestion: please enable a "cancel" button (most likely "O" in the PS4 version) in the dialogs with merchants so we can go back to the game without having to select the "exit answer". I think it would make the game more dynamic. Thanks!

Hi everyone,

As you know we don't stop working to keep bringing you new updates - I just wanted to give you a heads-up of what to expect in the upcoming patch. The list below is a part of the change log for the 1.04/1.05. There will be a lot more fixes on the way - here's the breakdown of the most requested changes:

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
General stability and performance improvements
Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
Improved camera smoothness
Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest

The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch.

So the general performance improvements you're talking about, is that involving Crossfire in any way?

Cause at the moment it's pretty much impossible to even play the game with crossfire enabled, I'm barely even getting 20 FPS on 3 GPU's, and 50-60 on one. :/

And sorry if this has already been answered, I skimmed through a page or two but couldn't find anything.

what about the magic lamp quest? After searching the room and light the lamps on the correct order the door opens, but in the quest log it says "Search the room using your Witcher sense" is failed with the red X. I've tried doing this like six times and it happens every time. unless i missed something though i doubt that a i belive i searcherd every inch & corner of the dugeon beofre moving onto that quest

like so in this Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKtXo-fdqBE

and yes i have 1.03 and yes its still bugged like that

im on the PS4 though seams to be effecting all platforms

What's going on with the inability to climb a ledge? I can't progress the game. I'm stuck on the great escape quest. Something like this should be a priority.

^^^^^^THIS

Why are you not hotfixing this immediately? This is the most time consuming achievement in the game and it's impossible to get right now because of this ridiculous claywich merchant. Please take him out of his cage and send him directly to the town so everyone can get their last two cards that they cant obtain ANYWHERE ELSE.

I've currently had to stop my progress in the game because i'm waiting for this to get fixed so I can get my two last cards. All I need to do is buy them from him, out of pocket, which currently has about 21,000 florens. I'm at final preparation and i've already killed all bandits in the area, but bandit leader never dropped a key and they won't respawn.

Are you not searching issues anywhere but on these forums?

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621841

There is also the same thread on the sister site if you need extra insurance.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...erchant-how-get-him-even-though-glitches.html

and another separate issue here, but there are complaints about the claywich merchant on here as well.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...267311-missable-gwent-card-another-one-2.html

This is a huge bane, and a huge struggle for achievement/trophy hunters everywhere. The achievement/trophy itself was a bit of a big hassle from the beginning, but now it's a nightmare.

I'd like to go back to the game and finish it. I need to start a death march difficulty to finish my max out and i'm not going to run around grabbing 120 gwent cards again with 11 of them requiring careful attention so they are not missed, and two of them being glitched because of this merchant.

Most of the bugs mentioned can be dealt with for awhile. This one however is causing gamers to stop their playthroughs entirely.

Same for me, except I have already finished the game and it is the only trophy i'm missing. No way I'm replaying the game for it, they need to fix it.

Thanks for your continued work on this game. Right now the only major issue I have is around Roach, to simply put,. he is very very annoying.

1: He doesn't come often when you call him. Or have big trouble finding his way towards you.
2: He stops all of a sudden while galloping on a plane road.
3: Some apparent invisible walls pop up randomly which prevents Geralt riding roach through that point, getting off the horse and crossing the point with Geralt and then whistling the horse works here.

@Marcin Momot I hate to specifically ask a dev, but could you please look into adding walk/run toggle for controllers in a patch? Thanks for all that the team does.

Last edited:
Hi CDPR!

Thanks for this great game and your amazing devotion!

I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to make leveling go slower, so you have to do more extra quests in order to meet the recommended level for the main story quest. I feel like i'm leveling too fast. Guess that's a good thing ;-)

Where is the update?? I stopped to play because of the XP glitch. Please, launch the XP update today!

Well... i'd love to have the same problem @jbiribi. I stopped playing cuz i discovered whole skellige (that i can reach and fight at my lvl). Now i can just stay and watch the game for almost 2 weeks. Game crashes when traveling to novigrad/velen. They told me it will be fixed with 1.05, but when the hell it will be?

Just wondering whether quest like 'the soldier statuette' , 'noblemen statuette' and 'redania's most wanted' quest will be fixed? These quests becomesstuck after completing the quest 'now or never' where triss leaves.

Any soon to be released fix for Crash to Desktop?

I know the game was only released a little while ago. And my problem with the game as it sits with v1.04 doesn't take away the fact it's one of my favorite games. But, currently this game is completely unplayable. I updated to version 1.04 and since then it just crashes to desktop with no error message or anything. Any loading screen after I load my game makes it crash. And the loading bar appears at the start of the screen to be halfway done already. I haven't had any performance issues or bugs until this last update. Not sure if I'm the only one whose encountered this problem either. So as it sits, I won't be playing this masterpiece. Any ideas when we might get a patch to fix this issue? the diagnostics on it is as follows.

Crash reason: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (3221225477), Error reading location 0x00000000

You guys are happy when seen some bugs getn fixed? Let me tell something, I dont care xp bug, texture pop up, even bugged quest or more even a bug that dont show me the game ending. Because I know those issues is easy to fix and will be patched somehow. But when I ask "will the frame rate fixed?" They saying "we lookn into" so this is a hard question and they dont know if this can be fixed or not. Its kinda smells rotten...fixing fonts or UI or quest bug is not a excuise. They should be fixed before the game released. For now please ask about performance wise fixes like framerate, cutscene stutters ects, not some stupid things like mount horse, fonts, unkillable rats, hollow faces ect...coz thats easy to fix.

What system are you on? Because XBox One and PS4 have had very good framerate patches. PC runs great depending on system/settings.

The only frame rate issue I currently know of is the slow camera stutter and the cut scene (animated intro) stutters. Is that what you mean? From what I understand, Xbox One is vastly improved since the 30 fps lock and PS4 is pretty good too.

What system are you on? Because XBox One and PS4 have had very good framerate patches. PC runs great depending on system/settings.

The only frame rate issue I currently know of is the slow camera stutter and the cut scene (animated intro) stutters. Is that what you mean? From what I understand, Xbox One is vastly improved since the 30 fps lock and PS4 is pretty good too.

Very good patches on the console? That's a big no no, it hasn't improved the framerate at all on the PS4, the Xbox One has a pretty steady framerate locked @ 30 fps but at 900p of course.

I really hope they iron this shit out because even with all these issues this is still the GOTY for me.

Protip - if you promise PC gamers a patch on Monday, then deliver it on Monday. Sadly, with the whole downgrade debacle you have a track record of overpromising and underdelivering - try underpromising and overdelivering for a change, see what happens.

Top Bottom