Some of the changes coming in the next patch (1.04/1.05)

+
What about the missing NPC's or them taking a long time to load in? For example the fish market in Novigrad is mostly deserted. The wasn't present in version 1.02 so please rectify it, it should be any easy fix!

Let's just hope it fixes the effect performance, else this is pretty pointless.

yeah good on fixing bugs, but please have the effects fixed to so they dont make our game run at 20 fps.

"The XP fix is coming as well. As mentioned, it's just a part of the changes. I will add it though to the original post though. We are looking into the frame rate issues on PS4 as well."

I'm still having a game breaking bug where I cant use my signs, it just says i cant use it. So I cant progress through the game that much without them, is that in the next patch?

"The XP fix is coming as well. As mentioned, it's just a part of the changes. I will add it though to the original post though. We are looking into the frame rate issues on PS4 as well."

sure they said that the first time also but that dident fix anything xD

so lets see.

sure they said that the first time also but that dident fix anything xD

so lets see.
In a place like this, a forum, we have just the possibility to ask for, and the only possibile answer is just...an answer.
For facts we have to see, right...

Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC

I sincerely hope that you have made this OPTIONAL, UI is (sorry) ridicolously big as is already :(... Maybe so we can rescale/move individual UI elements around, would be truly a lovely feature (PC)

Contract: The Apiarian Phantom is completely bugged on PC and Consoles.

I did this quest last night with no bugs at all...(pc)

is there any cut content or content that needs fixing that we can expect to see in the next patches?

The XP fix is coming as well. As mentioned, it's just a part of the changes. I will add it though to the original post though. We are looking into the frame rate issues on PS4 as well.
Thank you for continuing working on improving the game. Please don't forget that frame rate on Xbox One isn't perfect yet ;).

need a game fov setting ! the FOV is waaaaay too narrow for gaming on PC, also the witcher sense camera zoom is pretty much irritating

Fix geralt inertia for his movement, its damn annoying too ><

Is there a estimated date for the patch release?

PS: I just finished installation of the game on my desktop pc and found out there's at least 3 patches to install (1.01, 1.03 and 1.04), BUT couldn't find out if they are cumulative or I need to install all of them, may someone help me with this? Thanks in advice.

What about:
1. downgraded shadows in cutscenes
Look at this soft beautiful shadow on 1.02 patch:

And now look at THIS on 1.03 patch:

Looks like the shadows in cut-scenes are VERY LOW now.

CDPR please fix this in the next patch. The game look really worse now because of this. I hope that downgrade is not your way of optimization.
2. Terrible pop ins.
Where is the bridge on 1.03 version?

3. Less numbers of NPCs (Novigrad and Oxenfurt looks like a ghost towns now).

All that problems come with 1.03 patch on PS4 (Everything was great on 1.02 version). When will it all be fixed?

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

As you know we don't stop working to keep bringing you new updates - I just wanted to give you a heads-up of what to expect in the upcoming patch. The list below is a part of the change log for the 1.04/1.05. There will be a lot more fixes on the way - here's the breakdown of the most requested changes:

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
General stability and performance improvements
Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
Improved camera smoothness
Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest

The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch.
are you retroactively giving XP back for the xp bug?

Thank you for continuing to fix bugs and such of course with these patches but...well I am no software engineering genius, but why must you FORCE a gigantic loot screen unto people playing with small UI option? And now you are going to make the GUI/HUD even bigger?? (I am presuming this will also be forced).

Genuine question, is it really difficult to make it so only people who pick the BIG UI option get the bigger fonts/loot whatever and the people who deliberately picked small UI get smaller stuff...Do consoles (which I accept are your new source of cash over us lowly but angry and vocal PC crowd) not have the small/big UI option?? Or do you think most people are too stupid/lazy to go into options and change it to small/big. Anyway I will continue to stick with 1.03, it's working OK so far (fingers crossed).

Top Bottom