Some of the changes coming in the next patch (1.04/1.05)

+
is this coming tomorrow (june 1)? i am waiting to play until the XP bug is fixed...

---------- Updated at 02:08 AM ----------

otherwise i WILL level myself up with cheat engine, i dont even care, ill do it!!!

Fixed? They are obviously downgrading the game so console players can actually run it. Unfortunately they are downgrading the damn game for every damn platform without any kind of options. Draw distance is being nerfed left right and centre (which you will see in upcoming 1.04 patch you guys). NPC's however remain the same on PC, I guess thats something they couldn't universally change. Meanwhile everything UI/HUD related is apparently universally getting bigger and bigger without an option (presumably again) to keep it smaller even though they included small/big options at launch...

sigh. It'd be awhile till they get this right, I sometimes forget this is there FIRST simultaneous cross-platform release.

Man...this should've been the first patch. This patch will take care basically of all the things that keep the game from being perfect

Can you please add better contrasting colors for map icon locations and dialogue? White and light grey are barely noticeable from each other. Would also be nice to have Gwent card players you haven't played say green, then maybe yellow after you beat them once and won a card. Other non-card icons maybe make them a 3rd color? As it stands now, there's no way to tell who you played and haven't played, unless you visit them, and even then the white vs. grey is hard to tell. Maybe people with dark contrast and lowered brightness can tell easier, but I sure can't. I never understand why games 5-8 years ago had better implementation on their maps, legends, icon coloring, etc. and today's games skimp badly here.

The alchemy, junk, etc. tabs could be done a little better too. Nothing more annoying then trying to quickly sift through 150 items.

Can you guys adda couple rental houses for Geralt with storage? Best saddlebag I've found is 130 weight. I've had to just dump items as it adds up quickly when you have 5-25 of each material, and get a relic sword, chest piece, boots, etc. every 10 minutes and not worth fast traveling to a "proper" buyer. So many locked houses that do nothing, wouldn't be much to give one generic furnishings so we can unload 60% of dead weight but still have access if it's needed in the future.

You guys got a LOT right with this game, but the handful of wrongs are pretty wrong.

I'd really like to see an option to use Hairworks on everything BUT Geralt, since Geralt's hair looks much worse than everything else yet has a much larger performance impact.

Also is anything being done about the severe stuttering in populated areas on PC? Or am I one of the unlucky few experiencing this? I really don't think it should be happening on an i5-4670k / GTX 970 system running the game on an SSD.

A new patch for consoles. Great!!!! Great!!!!.

really, do not know why do not patch for consoles and PC . Multiplatform because they sell a game when really it is not .God, does not want to imagine how much money have given them to look their best in PS4 and can not be compared with a 970gtx / i7 4790k .
It's amazing how they disused hardware and technology in the year that we are . This game should not have come this year because it leaves much to be desired .
The only thing that is good about the story , because the rest. Gameplay - graphics - details- feel sorry for the times we are, they leave much to be desired

Inventory sorting is desperately needed. Maybe evening adding new categories to separate items. And definitely we need some kind of inventory sorting by weight, that way I know what the heaviest items I'm carrying are. That would make it sooo much easier for me to manage my inventory.

Last edited:
Not sure if I should ask this here, but are you guys aware of the quest Nameless being extremely bugged for some people?

Including myself.

Last edited:
What about the mutagen bug...is that fixed this patch? Please say it is...reapplying mutagens 50 times a play session is getting on my nerves.

I sincerely hope that you have made this OPTIONAL, UI is (sorry) ridicolously big as is already :(

I sincerely hope that it is optional, I have no problems with the font size or UI and I'm playing on console, where they've said they made a "significant enlargement".

Are you going to fix the crashes? I've never had a game lock-up and/or crash on me as bad as this. I still managed to finish it, but it's really maddening. Sometimes it crashes back to desktop out of the blue when walking/riding or loading. Other times it goes into black screen and I have to reset the PC. I think I tried just about every suggestions out there from rolling back the drivers, to tinkering with driver options and in-game options and all to not much avail. I don't know if its an issue with Win 8.1 but no other game gives me such a bad headache.

I'm doing the great escape story mission. I can't progress the story because I can't grab a ledge. I've been trying for near 4 hours now. All he does is jump and kick off of it. Not sure if it's related, but I never had this issue before the patch. I'm on PS4

XP bug needs to be fixed tomorrow. If it takes a hot fix outside of the full patch, then so be it.

On a related note, it is disappointing that you guys have not released a list of affected quests for the xp bug.

What about:
1. downgraded shadows in cutscenes

2. Terrible pop ins.

3. Less numbers of NPCs (Novigrad and Oxenfurt looks like a ghost towns now).

All that problems come with 1.03 patch on PS4 (Everything was great on 1.02 version). When will it all be fixed?

Damn it, i see 1.03 bring downgrade graphics....but what cost? Now i see.....

---------- Updated at 11:54 AM ----------

are you retroactively giving XP back for the xp bug?
They already answered in other topic somewhere.....no.

---------- Updated at 12:00 PM ----------

Can you please add better contrasting colors for map icon locations and dialogue? White and light grey are barely noticeable from each other. Would also be nice to have Gwent card players you haven't played say green, then maybe yellow after you beat them once and won a card. Other non-card icons maybe make them a 3rd color? As it stands now, there's no way to tell who you played and haven't played, unless you visit them, and even then the white vs. grey is hard to tell. Maybe people with dark contrast and lowered brightness can tell easier, but I sure can't. I never understand why games 5-8 years ago had better implementation on their maps, legends, icon coloring, etc. and today's games skimp badly here

+1 Same here

well after specifically doing a green (GREEN) quest and still getting 0 xp after 1 hr it was a long quest I gave myself 4000xp SUCK IT CDPR

is the climbing going to be fixed? i cant climb up ledges when i jump which makes some of the main quests impossible

Top Bottom