Some of the changes coming in the next patch (1.04/1.05)

+
Still no word on the CTD bug on fast travel to Velen or Novigrad that is stopping some of us playing on PC?

Seems like a bloated file problem to me as the problem started in 1.04 but only after I had 100+ hours game time then went to Skellige for the first time i've tried fresh installs after cleaning registry ect but the only way to get the game to work was to roll back 2-3 days of game play and start again from before did a load of quests.

I've seen a whole load of problems in 1.04 that weren't present in 1.02 or 1.03 so would be nice if 1.05 fixes them all and lets us play again with our saves with lots of game time logged. As things stand I don;t want to play unless i can use my save game that has all my game time invested into it.

@dcinzona
Crashing every travel screen that makes You unable to play the game (You discovered whole Skellige) is Game Breaking Bug. This is not about how great this game is. I really like Witcher 3. True. I like it cuz i love A. Sapkowski and His books. Game is good. But we spent money and we get nothing. They tell us we will get big DLC that we have to buy second time. What the hell? They gave me game that's not working ! I paid whole price, they gave me 1/5 of the game. You think this is ok and i shouldn't be upset?

PS. If they will say just "sorry" for all problems i had with this game it will be my last game i bought from cdp.

Last edited:
Marcin is a community manager. Answering questions is what he is payed for. Programmers can work uninterrupted, whilst Marcin puts down his coffee for a few minutes, goes to a manager, asks for the ETA, then posts it here. He can be back at starbucks within 10 minutes.

Also, thanks for playing psychologist for me, but no matter my feelings about this situation, many people did pay for a product, and said product is not working as advertised.

You think it's hard for CDPR to respond to these requests? Guess what, other industries have it even harder, where companies wake up facing class action lawsuits for products not working as advertised. Add up all the people with game-breaking bugs, multiply it with 60, and you will have a sum in Euros for the damage.

I am a software developer as well, heck, I own a software development company - sure, projects are nowhere near this scale, but I don't need education about how processes work.

But this first and foremost is not a development problem, it's a managerial problem with a healthy does of communication mishaps thrown in.

But the short gist of it all is this: I payed. Now where's the product working as advertised? No need to further analyze it.

To what "damage" are you referring? Buying a game that will receive updates to fix bugs that were present at launch? Before you can even talk about a lawsuit, you need to define "game breaking". I absolutely do not disagree with you in that this is a managerial problem. There should be more transparency, sure, but in order to do that, you do, in fact, need to take the developers away from time developing for them to provide you with a report. This can be done pretty easily with 15 minute daily stand ups.

Being an owner of a software development company, I would imagine you, of all people, would have more compassion towards the developers.

And, Marcin, I imagine, has to check multiple posts on multiple platforms, confirm and route the issue / post data and then get someone to approve his responses to the community. If they are not letting him say more than, "it will not be available today", it's probably because they don't want to be beholden to a release time-frame and then miss it due to unforeseen circumstances. This may also be a new policy in place after all of the backlash from when he mentioned that a hotfix would be coming yesterday, and instead, someone with product release authority decided to roll it into it's own patch.

The only mistake I see (and this is because of how the community reacted to it) is actually giving an ETA in the first place, without having that ETA approved and reviewed by the project managers.

Still using 1.03 but I hope the bug where enhanced and superior bomb diagrams not showing up in alchemy will be fixed too if they are not fixed already in 1.04.

Enhanced dragons dream, enhanced grapeshot and superior devil's puffball are there. Rest don't seem to show up if I buy them or find them. Oils and potions work. Not sure about enhanced decoctions (is there such a thing?)

Not a biggie. Please don't delay 1.05 because of this. I can send my save file if this is not addressed already.

Not getting any xp in 1.03 from main quests anymore either btw. Or maybe it's because my level is higher than the current available main quests..

@dcinzona
Crashing every travel screen that makes You unable to play the game (You discovered whole Skellige) is Game Breaking Bug. This is not about how great this game is. I really like Witcher 3. True. I like it cuz i love A. Sapkowski and His books. Game is good. But we spent money and we get nothing. They tell us we will get big DLC that we have to buy second time. What the hell? They gave me game that's not working ! I paid whole price, they gave me 1/5 of the game. You think this is ok and i shouldn't be upset?

PS. If they will say just "sorry" for all problems i had with this game it will be my last game i bought from cdp.

That's a good example of a game breaking bug, and yes, it should be fixed. Saying you got "nothing" is a dramatization. How many hours have you been able to play? Did you submit a bug request regarding the travel screen bug? Have they responded asking for your saved game? Have you sent them your saved game? Are there forum posts about it? Can you link to those?

What you are experiencing is absolutely unfortunate, and I'm glad I haven't run across that issue. If I do run into it, I will make it a point to take time out of my day and get in touch with their support team to see if it can be resolved. I wouldn't be on the forums, yelling and cussing at the devs.

I was also specifically referring to the XP bug in my original post/rant, which, IMO, is not game breaking.

Still using 1.03 but I hope the bug where enhanced and superior bomb diagrams not showing up in alchemy will be fixed too if they are not fixed already in 1.04.

Enhanced dragons dream, enhanced grapeshot and superior devil's puffball are there. Rest don't seem to show up if I buy them or find them. Oils and potions work. Not sure about enhanced decoctions (is there such a thing?)

Not a biggie. Please don't delay 1.05 because of this. I can send my save file if this is not addressed already.

Not getting any xp in 1.03 from main quests anymore either btw. Or maybe it's because my level is higher than the current available main quests..

Lol I just relized that I'm on 1.02... How the hell can I update this game? Was sure GoG service should do this automatically but apparently it doesn't...

Gamebraking for me is when i had steady 48-55 fps and now after 15 minutes of gameplay it starts to lag and stutter and framerate drops to 28 frames. I can't tell you how annoying it is and how frustrating. I took freaking vacation so i could enjoy my game and now all i can do is watch how other people are doing this. That's what i call bad patching... It was ok on 1.03 and now it's... I can't even... What the hell is wrong with them?

I cant wait for you to fix the "Kings Gambit" bug. I've been stuck there for about a week. It is a real shame, cuz i've not been able continue the main quest, so i've just been roaming around exploring almost everything and doing many of the side-quests. i'm now lvl 27 and i'm wondering if the main quest will be to easy once you fix the "kings gambit" bug? It is not as fun if it is to easy. Anyways, great game !!

That's a good example of a game breaking bug, and yes, it should be fixed. Saying you got "nothing" is a dramatization. How many hours have you been able to play? Did you submit a bug request regarding the travel screen bug? Have they responded asking for your saved game? Have you sent them your saved game? Are there forum posts about it? Can you link to those?

What you are experiencing is absolutely unfortunate, and I'm glad I haven't run across that issue. If I do run into it, I will make it a point to take time out of my day and get in touch with their support team to see if it can be resolved. I wouldn't be on the forums, yelling and cussing at the devs.

I was also specifically referring to the XP bug in my original post/rant, which, IMO, is not game breaking.

I've tried submitting a bug report with the crash log every time it says wrong file and wont let me attach the crash log so yeah be nice If the support actaully let me attach the crash logs ect

Lol I just relized that I'm on 1.02... How the hell can I update this game? Was sure GoG service should do this automatically but apparently it doesn't...
Gog galaxy should update automatic. Manual versions can be downloaded from gog.com. Select account -> library -> witcher 3 and the update to download. I'd stick with 1.03 for now.

I sent support all crashlogs, dxdiag, full config and video of bug. They told me it will be repaired at 1.05 version. But when?
@dcinzona
There where many posts about this bug. Probably it's byways murders quest. If i was at velen/novigrad i could finish it and play normally, but i traveled to Skellige. They responded me and promised it will be repaired. I played for over 20 hours and then i couldn't go on, had to just discover Skellige. 20 hours is over 1/5 maybe even 1/10 of the game. Then why i had to pay full price? Why They won't give me any gift for all issues? As i said before i sent them dxdiag, crashlogs (few of them), full PC config, save and video including everything since starting new game to getting crashed and checking crashlog.

It would be nice if you would make the foliage look less flat and more like normal foliage. Dragon Age and Skyrim did a better job with this in my eyes.

Gamebraking for me is when i had steady 48-55 fps and now after 15 minutes of gameplay it starts to lag and stutter and framerate drops to 28 frames. I can't tell you how annoying it is and how frustrating. I took freaking vacation so i could enjoy my game and now all i can do is watch how other people are doing this. That's what i call bad patching... It was ok on 1.03 and now it's... I can't even... What the hell is wrong with them?

You might want to go into C/User/my documents/witcher 3 , once you do this you should see a user file, make sure to right-click, properties and make sure read-only is unchecked first, go into the user file, scorll down 3/4 you are looking for TextureMipBias= change it to 0, by default it should be showing either -0.4 or 1 IIRC. change it to TextureMipBias=0 then save your settings, right-click properties and check the read-only box, then apply.

This should give you a little performance increase. Hope it helps.

Gog galaxy should update automatic. Manual versions can be downloaded from gog.com. Select account -> library -> witcher 3 and the update to download. I'd stick with 1.03 for now.

Thx Mate, but now my GOG is in offline mod and when I try to go online an error happens (allowed on firewll, tried multiple times...) god they should do more testing I guess...

and I can't update form GoG site since the Witcher 3 was never added to my account...FFS thats all I can say.

Last edited:
For pc please consider increasing font size more than slightly. And no I am not saying force huge font on everyone. Pc users should have options. If you play on a small monitor you should have the option for tiny font. If on a big screen hdtv you should not hafto walk across the room and stand right in front of tv every time you need to read something. Its this magic word called "options"

Let's say it together cdpr "options"....very good! Isn't that a beutiful word? That's what pc gaming is supposed to be about.

Some people may enjoy having rain smudge the screen simulating a camera. Then have the smudges reflect in the sunlight making it anoying to see and blurring the beautiful scenery. Some people love lens flare I'm guessing. If you enjoy role playing somone as a camera mounted drone flying behind said character your role playing, cheers. But some people don't like these "cinematic" effects. Tomb raider eventually gave us the ability to turn off these effects and I really hope you will too.

Also please give us a lod adjustment option or give us a way to do so through the ini. The key is options. 1 more time for dramatic effect OPTIONS:).

Obviously I hope you are focusing on the game breaking bugs many are having. But hopefully down the road you can look into adding more options to apeal to the variety of tastes and entertainment setups that your fans have.

Love the game. Keep up the hard work:)

Last edited:
Ok seriously, my GOG never went online in since 19th of May... I just cant go online whatever I do... when I try to connect a message appears "An error occurred while lading the page". Any ideas guys?

Then why i had to pay full price? Why They won't give me any gift for all issues?

You're joking here, right?

The bug that you are encountering isn't affecting everyone. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the order in which you play the game. So, for them to track it down may take some time, but they said that they did and that it is fixed in 1.05 - there's your gift: fixing the bug in 1.05. Why would you expect anything else? Anything other than fixing the issue in my mind is a surprise and welcome "gift" but not a requirement.

You paid full price, you found a bug, it isn't affecting EVERYONE, they are fixing it at no cost to you and that's that. If this were a car, and they were fixing it, it would be the same situation - you wouldn't be able to drive your car and they wouldn't be able to fix it in 5 minutes.

It's not like they are charging for these patches to be installed. The patching and bug fixing is free and is implied and supported as included with the purchase cost of the game. Please tell me if I'm wrong here, but I could not find anywhere where it says that they have X amount of days/hours/minutes to fix bugs reported by customers and that, with the fix, they will be providing you with additional content / game enhancements.

Man, I hate that argument: "I bought it, so I'm now entitled to be the product and development manager for the company".

---------- Updated at 07:51 PM ----------

Ok seriously, my GOG never went online in since 19th of May... I just cant go online whatever I do... when I try to connect a message appears "An error occurred while lading the page". Any ideas guys?

Have you emailed their support? They were pretty good getting back to me when I needed help with something else

Top Bottom